Thread: !! importent !! about server instaler

!! important !! about server installer

O.k. I think this is serious problem and need fast fix
    Let me explain.
    You surely seen many people here have problem with "green icons" when using installer with GE (graphic enchanter)
    Seems problem is in installer because I find and I think it's really weird, installer with GE is smaller then one without (WTF?). So I decide to download both (with and without) and test them.

One "without" works fine, let me choose what I want to install, but the one "with" GE do not let me choose if I want enchanter or w/e and do not install d9d3.dll (which is HRD in fact) WTF? ^^ . Also i find that "with" GE when installer (or modwar.exe) updating War3Patch.mpq he only deleting lines and adding non (only lines I find he add was 4 lines with size 0/0/1/1 kb)
    installer "without" GE works fine in that thing (if you chose to install GE, he properly adding lines to War3Patch.mpq and also create d3d9.dll)

SUMMARY: Server installer pointed as one with GE installed bugged modwar.exe >> u see green icons/game loading background is classic w3/Battle.net banner in right upper corner

So I guess SI with GE is outdated/uncomplete so please fix that and update download links in posts. You will make life easier for a lot of users and let them use HRD.

with best regards [FAM]Intruder
    Last edited by Intruder.CZ; 8th February 2010 at 12:41 AM.

Credits to Josh_lopes

Howgh

I will check this asap.

yes, i have the same problem

Awards
    It used to happen with me sometimes, but the reason is that i always canceled the loading to join bnet faster.
    When you click in the Connect to bnet (w/e), you receive something like "Connecting please wait.." then "Downloading data files".
    So, when you cancel by pressing ESC and [/b]B[/b] to connect again, you'll perceive that the process is faster.
    It's faster, but u'll see green squares instead of the real icons...

ps.: In some cases reinstallation is needed.

I've tried both installers and none gave me this problem

Quote Originally Posted by In.My.ConTroL View Post
    It used to happen with me sometimes, but the reason is that i always canceled the loading to join bnet faster.
    When you click in the Connect to bnet (w/e), you receive something like "Connecting please wait.." then "Downloading data files".
    So, when you cancel by pressing ESC and [/b]B[/b] to connect again, you'll perceive that the process is faster.
    It's faster, but u'll see green squares instead of the real icons...

ps.: In some cases reinstallation is needed.
    Seems u are quiet confused. We not talking about war3 patch but about eurobattle.net server installer.

Quote Originally Posted by Mitsuki View Post
    I've tried both installers and none gave me this problem
    mno pokud uz jsi instaloval ten spravny tezko to poznas...ale ver mi ten ktery je udavan jako "with GE" neinstaluje d3d9.dll a vytvori chybny modwar.exe ktery spravne nepripoji nove icony a loading screeny v war3patch.mpq

reseni je proste...nechat jenom jeden instaler ktery je prezentovan jako "without GE" ale pritom tuto moznost pri instalaci nabizi a provede ji spravne
    Last edited by Intruder.CZ; 8th February 2010 at 12:23 AM.

Credits to Josh_lopes

Howgh