Page 1 of 20 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Daily News

Daily News

Daily News
    Get informed 00-24.
    If you know more and you are able to help, inform us. Thanks in advance.
    DotA News.

After the regular season the division 1 teamEnRo-Griffins is undergoing some heavy roster changes. As replacements forPlaymatE, Dement andLacoste the team signed two well known German players along with a comparatively unknown Swedish youngster.
    The first addition isRene `Kebap` Werner who lastly performed forFnaticMSI until the end of August. As second reinforcementKevin `Kev` Stegeman, who fought fordimaondZ e.V. until the past Wednesday, has joined the griffins. Last but not least the rookieBjörn `kuronity` Forsberg completes the cadre.
    EnRo-Griffins line-up:
    Troels `syndereN` Nielsen (Team Captain)
    Ben `BeN-` Lange (Manager)
    Rene `Kebap` Werner
    Kevin `Kev` Stegmann
    Björn `kuronity` Forsberg
    Tim `XoYnoZnU` Lundell Johansson
    Last edited by Avner; 14th October 2009 at 10:59 PM.
    „Moj humor izazivajući smeh na usnama ublažava surovost života." (Branislav Nušić)

Xpam: Zarathustra / q69p.Avner.TT
    North: Star)Itself / P1wS-Avn3R)TT
    PlayBattle: w1ck3d-_-sm1][3
    GGC: pwS-_-Nietzsche
    RGC: pwS-_-Nietzsche

Top 10

I think that memmbers of XpaM should know this, and be informed about top 10 DotA players in the World.
    Register on GotFrag eSports and enjoy this replays.

10.Jolie of Virtus.Pro: 70 points
    Coming in at the bottom of the list is VP's leader and main strategist. Jolie has come up with many unique ways of shutting down Virtus' opponents using certain tactics that other teams have started to copy. Though Jolie does not take full credit for Virtus' strategies, he is the main man behind them all. Normally the solo player for VP, Jolie stays consistent with his farming, and also manages to keep up with VP's aggressive ganks.
    [url]http://www.gotfrag.com/dota/demos/22286/[/url]

9.Hit0mi of eMazing Gaming: 74 points
    Andre has been the backbone of many teams in the history of North American DotA. Having played on top teams such as JMC, x6, coL, tPD and now eMg, Andre has experienced all types of play. Andre joined eMg a few months ago to try to be at the top of the DotA scene once again after going on a long vacation, and has already helped lead eMg to place 3rd in the MYM 7 Prime Defending tournament. In a earlier GotFrag article, he received recognition as the Best Individual Performance for his Rhasta performance against Ks in Prime Defending. This talent, combined with a vast knowledge of the game and clutch in-game decisions makes him one of the top players in the world.
    [url]http://www.gotfrag.com/dota/demos/22275/[/url]

8.Hanni of Meet Your Makers: 131 points
    Hanni has been one of MYM's star players since the beginning, even while playing under the Joy tag. With a talent for fulfilling just about any role needed, Hanni plays any hero with ease. He is known as one, if not the best solo player in the world with his aggressive nature and powerful micro. In particular, his Viper, Tinker, and Nevermore removed any doubt that he played the solo role on MYM to perfection, despite those heroes being overshadowed by others in the recent MYM pride.
    [url]http://www.gotfrag.com/dota/demos/22283/[/url]

7.LightOfHeaven of sP[Palit]: 171 points
    LightOfHeaven has been considered as the backbone of VP's rival team in Russia, Say PLZ. His ability to farm and knowledge of when to initiate and engage is amazing. He also helped lead the Russian team to win the first ever MYM Prime Nations. LoH started off his fame in PLZ by defeating many top teams such as compLexity and tPd in the ESL series, using heroes such as Silencer and Viper to perfection. He is also one of the pioneers of the Necronomicron build on Silencer, among many other heroes.
    [url]http://www.gotfrag.com/dota/demos/22282/[/url]

6.Ars-Art of Virtus.Pro: 181 points
    Ars can be seen playing just about anything, ranging from Stealth Assassin to Silencer under the name Jermain, but his forte is ganking heroes. Famous for his innovative use of Pudge and aggressive Lina, he is one of DotA's top assassins. He used to always be seen in the shadow of teammates Vigoss and Jolie but has recently proven he stands behind no one. Ars is able to dominate any lane with his overly aggressive play style, and has mastered the art of ganking. He is often considered the best one versus one player in the game currently, meaning you don't to want to meet him in the river alone! He never picks a fight he can't win, his hooks and stuns are always spot-on, and his aggressive play style overwhelms even the most skilled players. When ARS is at the top of his game, he can shutdown an entire team by himself.
    [url]http://www.gotfrag.com/dota/demos/22278/[/url]

5.FearDarkness- Retired: 220 points
    The first American powerhouse, Fear has his roots in the IGS days. At that time, he was nearly unmatched in terms of overall gameplay and especially micro. This reputation would remain largely true up until the end of his DotA career. His early accomplishments were most notable with clan Plug, which would later become team compLexity, arguably the best DotA team to have ever come out of the United States at the time. This was backed by some impressive results: compLexity took second place in Cal season 1 and first in Cal Season 2. After the international DotA scene started to expand, Fear continued to impress, such as ranking 1st in IHCS and continuing to bring compLexity impressive victories in ESL and MYM Pride 4. Overall, he has created a legacy that will not be forgotten. Some speculations on why he quit: It has been said that he was going to focus more on school, others have said that he started playing WoW. Now, yet another rumor has started saying he may return someday, creating his own team to hopefully take over the American DotA scene once again.
    [url]http://www.gotfrag.com/dota/demos/22307/[/url]

4.Loda of SK Gaming: 239 points
    The leader of the SK Gaming squad, Loda has helped SK make a name as one of the top teams in the world. His role is usually on the solo / carry hero, represented best by his amazing Shadow Fiend. He plays a crucial role on the team, as Maelk once said in a video interview at Dreamhack Summer 2007, if you shut down Loda, you shut down SK. However, Loda distinguishes himself from most players by the fact that he manages to outfarm everyone while still helping the rest of the team gank. He is most famous for his solo Tiny and Faceless Void, proving that a melee can solo and also dominate his opponent in the process.
    [url]http://www.gotfrag.com/dota/demos/22277/[/url]

3.Maelk of Meet Your Makers: 249 points
    Maelk has been a key factor behind MYM's success ever since founding the team when it was still called Joy. He is the leader of MYM on many fronts. He is MYM's main strategist, having surprised many experienced teams more than once. For example, he was the mastermind behind MYM's devastating push strat, defeating SK with it at Dreamhack. In-game, who else plays the Chen leading the ganks? Maelk of course. His leadership, knowledge of the game, and overall skill makes Maelk a prime candidate in the top 10 players. Though he has been getting a few complaints recently, there is no doubt that he has been one of the top players in the world for quite some time.
    [url]http://www.gotfrag.com/dota/demos/22276/[/url]

2.Merlini of Meet Your Makers: 283 points
    Merlini has been with DotA for a long time, and has been long regarded as one of the top American DotA players, if not the best. As seen by his fearsome solo and some truely innovative jungling abilities, Merlini is not the type of player you wish to be against. His insane individual skill was first seen by many in his numerous IHL replays. These replays contained a combination of incredible farming and clutch moves. He was brought in with a warm welcome to the American team JMC in Cal season 2 where he continued to show his solo dominance. Following a minor retirement, he returned to show everyone that he still had it as he joined MYM, where he still amazes today, notorious for taking trilanes on all by himself.
    [url]http://www.gotfrag.com/dota/demos/22284/[/url]

1.Vigoss of Virtus.pro: 403 points
    t is no surprise that Vigoss has been called the best DotA player of all time. He has been invaluable in winning Virtus.Pro back-to-back MYM Pride tournament victories and much more. He has the uncanny ability to roam around the map killing everything in sight and yet end with the highest level. Even when he has a rough start, it's no surprise to see him at the top of the scoreboard. In nearly every game, Vigoss is seen leading the ganks which completely shut down the other team. Another amazing aspect is that he can play any hero flawlessly. Whether it's hitting near perfect arrows on PotM or his reckless Bounty Hunter, or even his Witch Doctor, one thing is clear: Vigoss is here to stay and to continue dominating the competition.
    [url]http://www.gotfrag.com/dota/demos/22285/[/url]
    „Moj humor izazivajući smeh na usnama ublažava surovost života." (Branislav Nušić)

Loda's Blog: "I'm alive but what about fnatic?"

Loda's Blog: "I'm alive but what about fnatic?"

There has been a lot of rumors and uncertainty about the future of fnaticMSI.Dota. Loda in his latest blog entry has explained the current situation to eliminate any such misconceptions.

In his latest blog entry: I'm alive but what about fnatic? :O the fnatic star talks about the current issue of sponsors, recent lack of good performances and his interest in getting a tattoo.

So will they actually become AEON? Will they attend SMM? Will he actually have a gosugamers tattoo across his heart? Read.
    The reason to why we want to leave fnatic is not only that they would not send us to SMM, but more that we felt that the management did not take us serious and we were not happy in how things were handled by the management. We talked this through with our manager, and we told him the truth about AEON making an offer to send us to SMM, he said we would talk this through and come up with a decision. Since our oh so sweet ex-manager decided to tell the world of these "talks" this has all escalated into a mess not easy to solve... But I believe that a clear decision will be made during this week. After this I will hopefully be able to confirm if we're going to SMM or not.

Yesterday we had a game vs MYM in Dota-League, this was the deciding game of this season and the winner took home the 1st place. I'm sad to say that we lost, but I have to say that it was a fair result. We were far from our usual standard level, and the ingame communication was a bad aswell. What made me really annoyed was that we were able to loose the first game when we all agreed that we had outpicked them. The movement from our potm, SK and veno was really bad, and MYM were able to completely rape me (Visage) on top lane and even if I was able to farm good rest of the game a 0-6 start is not the best I played bad bad bad in both games yesterday and I don't really wanna talk about them... So I will not make a review out of the games like I usually do :P
    Link:
    [url]http://loda.dingblog.com/[/url]

Childish link if you ask me.
    Have fun

Behind the Mask of Blackshatan

Behind the Mask of Blackshatan
    15th October 2009, 16:00
    Alex 'blackshatan' Chang is an Australian DotA superstar. He has represented Australia in many events internationally, mostly with his old team The Firm. His reputation exploded whensGty (currently known asMCiTY) invited him to play with them and they went on to claim the third place in Gamescom 2009 in an epic comeback against Ks.International.

Blackshatan is also a role model in the Australian community where he is always mentioned and compared among players, be it in public or inhouse matches. Being naturally humble and funny, Blackshatan has agreed to allow myMYM to conduct an interview with him. We hope you will enjoy this interview as much as we enjoyed making it as we go - Behind the Mask of Blackshatan.

Bio:

Name: Alex Chang
    Date of Birth: 21/07/1988
    Origin: China
    Sex: Male
    Height: 180cm
    Weight: 60kg

Favourites:
    Food: Beef Pizzle
    Movie: The Lion King
    Music: Fav song is Banks Yao - Semen in the Air
    Singer: Banks Yao
    Book: Romer Bad: The Chronicles of Yuen
    Car: Audi
    Person: Trey Parker
    Sport: Golf
    Game: DotA
    Player: Escobar
    Hero: Shadow Fiend
    Map side: Scourge

ESTC in Thailand - 15-18 October
    Evening.
    At the moment there's a huge LAN event taking place in Thailand called the ESTC Winter 2009. As a lot of you guys crave for Asian DotA we thought we'd do our very best to update you as quickly as possible.

With a prize pool of around 6.000$ the event has attracted teams such as Cybertime, Kingsurf and AEON and could be seen as the littlebrother to SMM 09 in Malaysia. Here's the rest of teams participating.

BBH
    Valkyrie
    XGN
    Etny.XtC
    Survivor
    TZR
    Just
    iNcExcello
    Shooter
    Grean Can Fly
    Twin
    Rsu. DG
    Hack 4T
    GAK
    +GC
    Field of Gamer
    Mski
    VH
    AEON.my
    Cyber Oasis
    Cutto
    No Cry
    GIS.Alpha
    Destiny
    Cybertime
    Axis.rsc.DotA
    Kingsurf
    Ngai
    Freak
    ZEEZ
    Zyrt
    PMSAsterisk

Another thing special about this event is the 60 min rule. Which means that if a game reaches 60 minutes you'll have to decide a winner by how many towers, kills etc that each team have. It's a very special and unique rule indeed and we caught up with Maelk and he gave us his thoughts about it.

Maelk
    - I think it eliminates the purpose of the lategamers, the potential of truly close games where teams are very even and completely removes the chance of a comeback. Then again, teams knows this beforehand and have to adapt their picks and strategies thereafter, so it isn't that big of a deal. I just don't see the reason for such a change in the game. Are the Asians really that keen on farming?

With that said we're trying our hardest to keep you guys updated about this grand event.

fnatic vs Enro

fnatic vs Enro

2009.10.19 by Loda
    EnRo-Griffins

VS

0:1
    FnaticMSI

Bans: Morphling, ShadowPriest, DarkSeer, ShadowShaman.

Bans: DemonWitch, AdmiralProudmore, Netherdrake, Broodmother.

SlithereenGuard, syndereN Bottom

SandKing, Kev Top

CrystalMaiden, XoYnoZnU Bottom

LordOfOlympia, kuronity Top

NerubianAssassin, kebap Mid

VS

Loda, DoomBringer Middle

kwom, VengefulSpirit Top

Miracle, PriestessOfTheMoon Bottom

Ducky, Enigma Jungle

MiSery, Earthshaker Bottom

Loda:

Game summary - The picking phase did not really proceed as we would like this time, the bans went smoothly enough, but when it came to picking a lineup we can execute in a good way we got a bit lost on the way imo. In our usual praccs we've started to play with one or two roaming heroes, this time we took too long while picking heroes and ended up putting venge as solo top with enigma in the forest. This closed down our early game a lot, and while we were a bit stuck on lanes enro could destroy our lanes with roaming sand king. If I would put up lanes with this lineup instead of kwom I would probably put enigma solo top, Doom solo mid, potm solo bottom and venge shaker roaming. When you put two heroes roaming you make sure that at least two lanes will be to freefarm or at least keep them safe from gangs.

After the early game we were able to come back into the game by taking down two towers and grab some kills, after this there was an issue with host and we decided to load the game. Ofc the save file became corrupted which resulted in that we had to load to an earlier point of the game where we had not grabbed those important kills/towers and instead got completely buttfucked during midgame aswell. After this it was pretty much a long long road down the boulevard of wtfkapwnd and we were close ffing the game several times. Nothing went as we wanted, we felt completely outwarded, people got ganked by a strong NA by kebap and the movement was just lousy. I felt lost in my role as playing doom but I tried keeping the small controle of the game I could.

In the lategame sentinel was leading in kills/towers/lvl and gold. We tried turtling to be able to farm ourselves into the game, but the game just felt to be over. But it's here that sentinel started making horrible mistakes that probably cost them the game. They felt that they had the lead by far, and each fight they lost they just bought out. Instead of buying more items they kept putting pressure with their heroes, you may say that this is a good decision, but in this instance in was not! We tried defending as much as we could, and since I pushed out the lanes with a pretty fat doom they had a really hard time entering the base. After several clashes back and forth where sentinel kept buying out and push they were able to almost completely destroy our base... We had lost 5 rax, all towers except one at the throne and they had only lost one rax in mid. Doom was upon us, and sentinel were moving into our base to suicide on the last barrack...

But this was where we made our stand! After 60 minutes of poor executions and a poor overall performance we were able to make a perfect fight! Even if we were still underfarmed a good venge swap + Doom on slardar and a perfect shaker ulti resulted in us crushing the sentinel push! Sentinel must now have realised that all those unnecessary buyouts had taken its tool, the gold had at last ran out and they had no heroes left alive to defend their base. We were able to press our way through the middle, destroy the throne and win the game! I can't say that I was proud of this win since we were completely outplayed... But I still feel happy that a game that felt this lost could be turned into a win by just taking the right crucial decisions in a pressed game.

Some of the things I would deem really crucial in this game was:

- Kev and Kebap from ENRO ganging us to death

- Doom completely destroying an overfed slardars game

- Unnecessary buyouts from sentinel (It's a new buyout system, and when the game progress this WILL cost you).

- Me deciding to buy an Assault Cuirass when it actually left me without gold to buyout, (It saved me in a deciding battle for sentinels mid rax).

- Experience Experience Experience. This is so much more important than people seem to believe, but this was 100% a deciding factor in this game.

Once again I've tried to write a game review from my point of view, so try to enjoy!

And yes I do know that I'm really out of shape, that our team played worthless etc, but I won't mention it caus it only makes me depressed

Cheers

Oh yea I'll just add a picture from this weekend, this fake tatoo tricked them all!!!

I'm not really into tribals but...
    Last edited by Avner; 22nd October 2009 at 08:37 PM.

EMS V-Qualifiers

EMS V-Qualifiers
    ESL just announced the qualifying rounds for EMS V. Will your favorites be able to reach the group stages?

Two qualifiers will be held, with the winners of each playing against each other. The final winners will then proceed to the group stages. The recent addition ofJoliE toAzN may prove vital to their success againstmyAtera. The spotlight is also expected to be on the matches between Teg versus xFz.int andBlight versusPhantoms. GosuGamers will be providing GosuBets for all matches.

Playday 1 - Qualification Round 1
    United States, Global Domination Time vs Greece, Dead Rabbits
    Ukraine, FiveFacts vs Italy, iRDT
    United States, FyC vs Sweden, DIPSARNA
    Germany, myAtera vs Canada, AzN dota
    Ukraine, epicMonsters vs Italy, X-Ray
    Poland, Fountain Dive vs Bulgaria, YamatO
    Sweden, Blight Gaming LLC vs Portugal, Phantoms
    Romania, neXtPlease! vs France, To Be Determined
    Bulgaria, RetireD fRoM DotA Scene vs Spain, Team Wizards
    Romania, The Elder Gods vs Serbia, Xeo Divine int
    Greece, lmba vs Russia, awake
    Germany, GaB.BallerPoker.de vs Poland, mGs TYRY

XtC Interviewed, winners of ESTC Winter

XtC Interviewed, winners of ESTC Winter
    ESTC Winter has come to an end, and the winner, XtC was just recently interviewed.

For those of you who haven't been keeping up with the scene, ESTC Winter is a recent tournament that took place in Thailand. The first place prize pool was 180,000 Baht (5,227$), and was won by the Singapore team known as Xtreme Chaotix, abbreviated XtC. myMYM was able to get a few words with two of the players of XtC, Patrick "Lux" Kwan and Wai Hong "xy-" Toh.

In the finals, we saw a series of extremely weird start picked by both you and your opponent. Why Night Stalker, Spectre and Storm?

xy-: We thought about it together and decided on this because of its good catching and late game power.

What do you intend to do with the prize money?

xy-: BUFFET

Lux: Treat friends and our supporters to buffet and kimchi for lending me a mouse.

[url]http://www.mymym.com/en/replaycenter.php?filter=1&tournament=ESTC%2BWinter %2B2009[/url]
    You can Download all the replays here.
    For more information visit: "Dota Best Players [Replays]" Thread
    Last edited by Avner; 21st October 2009 at 07:39 PM.

Post Tactics

Tactics are a tender subject, because everyone agrees that nobody is right, when in fact, nobody has any clue what everyone's talking about.
    I'm speaking in terms of public games... Again... I'm sorry I had to bring it up again, but it's one of the things in DotA that's really bothering me. It's not that I hate public games in general, the concept is a good idea, I just hate everyone in them.
    Let's face it. DotA is a team game, and all 5 players needs to work together in order for it to be DotA. Else it's a lame version of counter-strike, or a bad version of quake.
    But sometimes, one of the 5 players stand out. Much similar to when one monkey, in a pack of monkeys starts to wear a staff or a hat. It doesn't make them any smarter, any better or any faster, they just stand out, as the ridiculous monkey with the hat.
    This player elects himself captain of the team, and starts using the chat for real sentinces. He will say things like "Okay guys! In order for us to win this, we must WORK AS A TEAM!" or even "WE NEED SUPPORT, PURPLE PICK CRYSTAL MAIDEN!".
    This kind of rudeness is rarely tolerated amongst the other players, but sometimes, the 4 of them agrees that since they couldn't care less, they're going to follow his flawed and illogical plan.
    But WHEN they do this, the most hilarious situations occurs, with 5 players running around the map like headless chickens on speed, who just heard surfin' bird for the first time. When they finally go downhill, he will start yelling commands that he read on a forum. Such as "PUSH MID!" "TP BOT!!" or "WARD JUNGLE!".
    So this gave me an idea. Since I probably can't change anything about humanity's most important virtue; idiotism, I'm at least going to give these "captains" a tool they can use, when they command their 4 brave warriors.
    I give you THE DOTA DICES! These are overlays for a normal 16mm dice, and if my measurements are correct, they should fit around one of these tightly. Cut around the edges, glue the white parts and wrap it around the dice.
    Now you're ready to start issuing orders FOR REAL! "GANK ROSH" (I swear, he's never going to see it coming) or "GO APESHIT EVERYWHERE!!!" for ultimate win.

- Sluf

I thought this one needed a runner-up, so here it is.

The whole turtling discussion is getting out of hand, and I think it's ridiculous that succesfull top teams like MyM is getting accused for playing "boring", because they sometimes use a tactic which some people concider as turtling.

Now, before we go on, what is turtling really? Because to me, it looks more like it's a trend to think turtling is boring, and people will call the first carry lineup a turtle strat.

HISTORY LESSON INCOMMING, DIVERT ALL POWER TO MAXIMUM SHIELD!
    It all started back in 2008, just 13 months from now, where MyM met Mouz in the finals of Farm4Fame. MyM decided to pick an early carry, spectre, so Drayich decides to challenge their decision by going for the completely opposite lineup: A gank strat, to win the early game, and thus giving them enough advantage to push in.
    By this time, MyM could have chosen to pick some firepower, to counter their gank strat, to somewhat balance things out, but a much wiser decision was the one they chose: MORE CARRY!
    This significantly weakened the MyM lanes, and they were quickly dominated early game (as anticipated by both team, but perhaps not the careless observer who invented the term "turtling"), but the 2 carrys (Luna and Spectre) played their cards safe, so they went passively through early and mid game, and then farmed close to the base in lategame, eventually giving them enough farm to turn the tide, and MyM won after 80 nerve wrecking minutes.
    HISTORY LESSON OVER! DIVERT ALL POWER TO... CAPTAIN KIRK AND SHIT
    So really, the essence of what went on in that game was: Mouz had to prove that they could win early game, and if they couldn't MyM would win late. It was a simple, but exciting tactic, because the clock was ticking, and they had to stack up a pile of dead bodies big enough to reach the top of the world tree.
    Now the response on the game was "Oh my god! What an exciting game!", yet after a few days people started saying that MyM had invented the safe DotA tactic, which could win every game, and they were slowly killing DotA as we knew it.
    ...Wait, what? When was the outcome of the finals this?! This was 100% actionpacked, it was attackers vs defenders, and the defenders won! MyM didn't ruin the concept of gank or push strats, they simply won 1 example of this.
    But these days, a lineup which includes morphling is enough to be accused of turtling, dispite that it's got nothing to do with the original concept of turtling.
    I guess what I'm trying to say is: If you have to QQ and melt faces over the opposite team picking a carry, why didn't you just pick one as well? Is it really a crime to counter a push lineup?

-Sluf.

Post ESL opens HoN section with cup

ESL opens HoN section with cup

ESL has announced the opening of their Heroes of Newerth section and will be hosting a Cup next week that will run till December with the Grand Finals streamed.

Due to the high demand and also the increase of its popularity ESL has opened a section for the Dota clone, Heroes of Newerth. As a start they will be hosting a 5v5 opening Cup, offering premium accounts and also streaming the finals live on ESL-TV.

The opening Cup is only one of many plans ESL has in store for Heroes of Newerth. Opening a 1v1 and a 5v5 ladder will follow and if the demands are high the community can also be looking at tournaments or league with prizes and eventually prize money.

The tournament will play throughout different days for each round, from the 26th of October till the Grand Finals on 3 December. More information about the tournament can be found here- [url]http://www.esl.eu/eu/hon/news/102664/Heroes-of-Newerth-Opening-Cup-UPDATE-/[/url] ;

Source: ESL.eu

Thumbs up DotA-League Cup

Dota-League Cup - Get ready to rumble!

We are excited to present you a new branch designed to shorten the waiting period until the Pick-League starts again and in the same breath to expedite all of our users - the Dota-League Cup! It’s an adaption of the successful and famous Dota Masters 5on5 series where up to 512 teams from all over the world can participate. To better the promotion of younger and upcoming teams in the competitive scene we decided to exclude all sixteen FARM4FAME Second Blood teams in order to find new champions of tomorrow!

fter ten successful editions, Dota Masters is finally back with a reworked system, fresh look and new name. Dota-League is proud to announce the very first Dota-League Cup. As in the preceding tournaments up to 512 teams can join the 5on5 competition for glory, pride and admission! In order to enhance the excitement, alternation and chances for tomorrow`s champions in the competitive scene FARM4FAME participants are excluded from the cup.

The sign-up will be opened on Sunday, 25th October at 17:00 League Time for teams from all over the world and will last until the 8th of November or until the limit has been reached. First come, first serve, so don’t waste any time, arrange with at least four friends and join the Dota-League Cup! Presumably the whole event will run for about two months.

Prizepool:

5 x SteelSeries 5H v2 headsets

5 x SteelSeries 4H headsets

5 x SteelSeries S&S mousepads

Dota-League Cup - Quick facts

* Teams participating in FARM 4 FAME atm. are not allowed to take part in order to give upcoming clans a chance to prove themselves
    * Only registered Players / Clans on [url]www.dota-league.com[/url] can participate (register before the sign up is full!)
    * About 2 months of 5on5 DotA action!
    * Up to 512 teams from all over the world!

For a long time there has been no good place for newcomers to show how strong they actually are and with the Dota-League Cup we intend to stop that. On this note we are looking forward to see some new faces meeting some well-known teams in the upcoming tournament. More information will follow soon so stay tuned!

More on:
    [url]http://www.dota-league.com/cup/[/url]

DotaClub Pro Series #1

DotaClub Pro Series #1
    Eight Top european teams fighting for a $5000 total cash prize. Anything else to say?

Next month, precisely in 7-8 of November, DotaClub is launching their first of many events for the future. They are new in this matter, the tournament promises a lot of action and good replays featuring the best teams in Europe. They are:

Europe, Xeo Frenezy
    Denmark, Unique E-Sports
    Europe, MYM
    Europe, Fnatic.MSI
    Russia, AEON.ru
    Germany, DMZ
    Ukraine, DTS.Chatrix
    Europe, EnRo-Griffins

Head-administrator of the tournament got a statement:
    - "I am glad to announce this BIG thing for all DotA community. I am looking forward for really good games and I hope u will enjoy our work and come for next event also. Stay turned for more information like brackets and additional prizes, it will be up soon on our site."

Talking about money, the winner takes home $3.000 while the second and third takes $1.500 and $500 respectively. Gosubets will be set as soon as we have more information about the schedule and, of course, replays uploaded at light speed when released

Los Angeles to host World Cyber Games 2010

Los Angeles to host World Cyber Games 2010

World Cyber Games will celebrate its 10th anniversary as the eSports eminence gather in the Los Angeles Convention Center.

The return to the USA marks the third time a city in the States act as hosts for the World Cyber Games grand finals.

''San Francisco and Seattle were extremely successful events and we look forward to returning to the United States for our 10-year anniversary," said Hyoung-Seok Kim, CEO of World Cyber Games, Inc.

The event has in previous years landed in San Fransisco, 2004, and Seattle, 2007.

This year's World Cyber Games, taking place in Chengdu, China, is just around the corner as the opening ceremony is less than two weeks away.
    WCG host cities
    WCG 2000 - Yongin, South Korea
    WCG 2001 - Seoul, South Korea
    WCG 2002 - Daejon, South Korea
    WCG 2003 - Seoul, South Korea
    WCG 2004 - San Fransisco, USA
    WCG 2005 - Marina Center, Singapore
    WCG 2006 - Monza, Italy
    WCG 2007 - Seattle, USA
    WCG 2008 - Cologne, Germany
    WCG 2009 - Chengdu, China
    WCG 2010 - Los Angeles, USA

AEON.DotA crew changes
    Iceiceice and Papaxiong left AEON.DotA for good, to be replaced with Winter and d4rkn3s5z

Since the departure of Daryl Koh (Iceiceice) and Wei Xiang Lee (Papaxiong) wasn't officially explained, we can only speculate whether it was because of the loss in ESTC Winter cup or due to some other personal issues. However, the future of the team doesn't look grim at all: Litt-Binn Chan, known to the audience as "Winter", recently left the Malaysian team Cybertime, and was glad to join the AEON's new roster, as he was invited only moments after he officially left the old team.

"Aeon.Sg are one of my dream teams and I am honored to be playing for them." - he stated.

In addition to Winter, Zhi Ping Lim, or "d4rkn3s5z" of the Singaporean team Axis also found himself ready to join AEON, since his own team was having some internal struggles. The new lineup is sure to bring, if not victorious, than a certainly interesting future to the AEON team.

The new roster:
    Benedict "Hyhy" Lim
    Joshua "ToFu" Tan
    Royston "Crispy" Chee
    Litt-Binn "Winter" Chan
    Zhi Ping "d4rkn3s5z" Lim

Safelist Member
    Awards
    so much of aeon being one of the favorites.

Page 1 of 20 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast