Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: BootCamp

Orc;
    1. don'l allow melee creeps attack you while you creep and you are ranged.
    2. don't make dual barracks
    3. don't make tower outside your base but inside (cuz it is easily destroyed)

Ud;
    1. Don't take aura first on DK
    2. Maximise Death coil not aura.
    3. don't cast useless coils, use coil to finish unit off.
    4. don't make 3 crypts, one is enough. Atleast vs orc.
    5. don't lose hero to creeps

New User
    Thx, man I could only say that I usually don't do 2xbarracks. It was response to my friend, who likes to mass unit, I saw his 2 crypts so I did the same. In normal game I would build bestiary and spirit lounge. And what about our heros/units selection ? Plus I would like to know when is a best moment for expansion and how to deal with enemy's fast exp ?

Quote Originally Posted by Fhjull View Post
    And what about our heros/units selection ? Plus I would like to know when is a best moment for expansion and how to deal with enemy's fast exp ?
    Units were fine, since you were going mass vs mass, but in any other game, usually several different unit types are stronger than just one unit type. Best for orc, depending on the strategy and individual situation, are Grunts, raiders, spirit walkers, one catapult. Ofc you have to be able to manage them in battle, but you already know that.

As for expansion, sometimes is vital if you know what your opponent is going to do. There are two solutions; 1. either you make an expansion of your own (at the time when he is making his) and then you both pump units and clash in the middle of the map. 2. You don't make an expansion but you attack the spot where he is making one, trying to make him cancel the exp or deny it totally. If you fail doing that, is 70% you will lose that game cuz of the resources injection he will be receiving.

The best way to learn how to play is to watch pro replays. They say a picture is worth a thousand words, and a replay is worth a thousand pictures

Unhappy

I always loose against this strategy when my enemy goes for it. Not only vs ud players i loose when they go for TR but vs all 4 races .And i have no freaking idea what to do against it. I thought mby i could build the shop for healing inside my base. but there was no space because there was already 1 T2 building. And i'm quite sure that micro isn't my problem. I just don't know what to do against those 10000 fiends and towers
    any suggestions what to do against this tower rushes?

KILL da worker
    and after if u see u won't be able to win fight just focus hero , hex,surround ..
    me wants to pawn some nobos.

hmm ok. i will give it a try next time. thx

oki first ur base is kinda wrong here an ss to show u how me to make it

when u arrive to the 3th grunt don't make the forth and instead of that make a warmill remember u need the shop otherwise its useless to continue making it near borrows will provide protection and nearby peons to repair it most of ud make towr rush before t2 if they do forget the upgrate mass grunt warmill and make a towr or 2 if will prevent him from advancing further in ur base .
    tips:
    1- vs ud never forget to get a scroll of speed most of towr rusher will nerubian towr so scroll of speed will help u
    2- double target mode : grunts attack a fiend, the blade master attack another target and hex a third fiend if it goes bad retreat with scroll of spead
    3- forget towrs dont attack them focus on army the less fiend he got the closer u get to ur win.
    4-always make an early warmil instead of the 4th grunt and upgrate armor for grunts u they become real tanks vs fiends.
    in the end dude ur base was sleepy in ur game once u get lvl 2 get 2 clarity and healing salve on bm and dont let him creep if he strike bm heal +get some mana if worse case scroll of speed and go back ofc dont forget to keep creeping with shadow hunter nearby if u see him makign a hard creep scroll of speed on shadow hunter and go straight to him its the blade master who win this game.

thats it i hope i helped u
    Last edited by Arbalest; 4th October 2009 at 12:05 PM.

New User
    Hey guys ! im a new player and i like playing orc .. this is my second game on the server .. so plz tell my wat moves i shouldn't do and wat i was suppose to do in the situation i was in .... ty in advance !

I guess I'll post my 2 replays here. I had them posted in another thread before I saw this one

First game, Undead vs Orc
    Short game, Orc left because I killed his army.

Second game, quite long
    Player massed towers, didn't build any more units.

Both these games I kind of sucked (Basically in every game)
    I'd also like to know a few effective fast builds, as I always seem to get beat by rushes. In an orc match recently, I managed to hold off a rush with my fiends (He had hero, wolves) but got me soon after with air attackers (Cant remember names, first orc spear trolls) with shamans and bloodlust.

Edit: Won't let me upload the replays for some reason, they are both here [url]http://eurobattle.net/showthread.php?t=107646[/url]
    Last edited by Lukeozade1; 6th June 2010 at 10:35 PM.
    UberNoob

can some1 of you guys tell me how to build the perfect base of night elf ... i always fail with huntress hall and moon wells etc etc and don't know where to place towers than !! when i always tp i get blocked in my base so that really sux !! so who thinks he can help , pls build base and take screen shot and post !! regards ~

Quote Originally Posted by TeCkToNik. View Post
    Why dont u just dl some pro NE replays and do as they do? Generally there is no way to make PERFECT Nelf base... it depends on what map you are playing and what race is your oponent.
    80/3 RT stats. Proud to be 4N.

Quote Originally Posted by mansnicks View Post
    1. When UD trshes you, kill his aco in a first place - 220HP its like 2 hits with BM.
    2. Another thing... why in the hell would you use HEX on fiends? Use it on DK in moment, when fiend is going low HP, so he cant heal him.
    3. Next: you had like 3 workers in mine last minutes... I wont comment on that.
    4. When you are outnumbered badly and you have Spirit walker, why dont u use ur peons with spirit link? They can absorb mass damage and your units can fight a lot longer. It also gets a little bit confusing when mass peons runs towards you with few grunts between them. If nothing else, its much harder to micro fiends when they are surrounded with stupid peons.
    5. Dont allow zigg to finnish building, unless you really cant do otherwise.
    6. Dont let UD outnumber you. Dude - you are orc. You are supposed to have higher pop than UD, hero advantage and so on and so on. Keep 5 workers in mine and make units ffs!
    7. if the situation gets fucky and you have some riders and SH, check if his DK doesnt have a potion or something and kill him/force him to TP. HEX, ensnare,... and so on. Kill his hero and you won whole game. NO DK = ziggs on TR pwned, mass fiends down on their attepmted run back to base (hex ensnare). This might require some experience, because as well as killing hero might win you the game, failing to kill the hero might as well loose the game, so you need to know when it pays off and when it doesnt (for example if he is higher lvl and has invulnerability/healing pots; runned braces; mass defence skill and shit like that).
    8. If the situation is really bad, you can take Wards as a first SH spell to get some extra DPS.

Else your micro is good. Your macro is what is the issue here...
    Last edited by S4pPH1roN; 7th June 2010 at 12:58 AM.

Very nice reasoning by Saphiron. You should listen to him.

Is non-scouting the only reason I lost this game or did I make more mistakes?
    I mean the dude just poped up with mass gryphons and boooom, I saw his aviary but it was just too late for anything to be done...

Quote Originally Posted by Abyss.Grab View Post
    Is non-scouting the only reason I lost this game or did I make more mistakes?
    I mean the dude just poped up with mass gryphons and boooom, I saw his aviary but it was just too late for anything to be done...
    You lost this game, because of
    - bad use of BM potencial (no creep harrasing humba),
    - no map control (u dint know not only where your oponent is, but neither what he is doing - dude, when human has just like 2 heroes and few towers 15 mins into the game and you dont see any T2 buildings, you can bet on there is something wrong. W3 is about anticipation - look at really good players, they dont scout just randomly, they know where their oponent is most likely to be at this time of the game, and they also know what stage of devolopment he is in (like UD just started T2 tech, so its a great time to attack his base to kill some aco,...), this is the reason why many noobs, when pwned by some pros, start crying and reporting for MH. When you get in situation like this next time, ask yourself a question: "What the hell did his gold go into?" and dont lay back untill you find the answer.)
    - lousy macromanagement (1500+ gold? This is not a Tycoon mate - the more gold the better doesnt apply here. This is Warcraft - if not currently saving for something, ur gold should be at 0 (if you play orcs), because the more gold you have, the less units/items/buildings you have, the lower chance of winning you have)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast