Quote Originally Posted by -Decay- View Post
the amount of "extremist"

ok i see that word confused you so i'll modify my statement and here's where we stand.

Quote Originally Posted by -Decay- View Post
you keep saying that religion should stop because that way science will improve.
and i said:

Yes, i said that and i'll back up my statement. The brain efficiency is influenced by nutrition( [URL="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e3ARhMPVu-A"]see the flouride water poisoning with the purpose of dumbing down the US population[/URL] ) so you see.. people can potentially be born with a different intelectual potential.

Imagine a brilliant mind coming to life, born in a severely religious family with no access to scientific information and being fed religious fiction all throuout his childhood and permanently shaping his life, being afraid to question due to the fear of going to hell. This potentially brilliant mind if provided the necessary theoretical resources and thought to use them for the good of the world could potentially be the inventor of a revolutionary concept/tool for the good of the world.

i'll make my example more complex so maybe the subject doesnt go passed you again.

IMAGINE if Einstein/Leonardo Da Vinci/Thomas Edison/Archimedes of Syracuse/Nicola Tesla/Aurel Vlaicu would have been born in a very religious family and his parents would beat the crap out of him if they ever caught him reading a science book. Science would have not improved due to the lack of their tremendous contribution.

imagine what state of scientific development we would have now if all those inventors would have been prevented to invent due to religion.

Religion says: stay dumb and do what you're told or else you will burn in hell for all eternity.

And one last thing, i never said religion should stop. I said it represents an obstacle in the evolution of science, in fact its an obstacle in any evolution because religion presents fixed concepts like "its good to do this and that" so the teachings were efficient 2000 years ago but now there are better ways to get things done and religion doesn't like that.

i don't know how can i make this any clearer.