Page 285 of 336 FirstFirst ... 185 235 275 283 284 285 286 287 295 335 ... LastLast
Results 4,261 to 4,275 of 5036

Thread: Chit-Chat Topic - Third Era.

Quote Originally Posted by -Decay- View Post
    the amount of "extremist"

ok i see that word confused you so i'll modify my statement and here's where we stand.

you keep saying that religion should stop because that way science will improve.
    and i said:

Yes, i said that and i'll back up my statement. The brain efficiency is influenced by nutrition( [URL="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e3ARhMPVu-A"]see the flouride water poisoning with the purpose of dumbing down the US population[/URL] ) so you see.. people can potentially be born with a different intelectual potential.

Imagine a brilliant mind coming to life, born in a severely religious family with no access to scientific information and being fed religious fiction all throuout his childhood and permanently shaping his life, being afraid to question due to the fear of going to hell. This potentially brilliant mind if provided the necessary theoretical resources and thought to use them for the good of the world could potentially be the inventor of a revolutionary concept/tool for the good of the world.

i'll make my example more complex so maybe the subject doesnt go passed you again.

IMAGINE if Einstein/Leonardo Da Vinci/Thomas Edison/Archimedes of Syracuse/Nicola Tesla/Aurel Vlaicu would have been born in a very religious family and his parents would beat the crap out of him if they ever caught him reading a science book. Science would have not improved due to the lack of their tremendous contribution.

imagine what state of scientific development we would have now if all those inventors would have been prevented to invent due to religion.

Religion says: stay dumb and do what you're told or else you will burn in hell for all eternity.

And one last thing, i never said religion should stop. I said it represents an obstacle in the evolution of science, in fact its an obstacle in any evolution because religion presents fixed concepts like "its good to do this and that" so the teachings were efficient 2000 years ago but now there are better ways to get things done and religion doesn't like that.

i don't know how can i make this any clearer.
    Watch and learn
    -Bernard Lietaer
    To overstate the argument deliberately, perhaps we are hallucinating all the time and what we call perception is arrived at by simply determining what hallucination best conforms to the current sensory input.

-V.S. Ramachandran
    “Alpha waves in the human brain are between 6 and 8 hertz. The wave frequency of the human cavity resonates between 6 and 8 hertz. All biological systems operate in the same frequency range. The human brain's alpha waves function in this range and the electrical resonance of the earth is between 6 and 8 hertz. Thus, our entire biological system – the brain and the earth itself – work on the same frequencies. If we can control that resonate system electronically, we can directly control the entire mental system of humankind.”

-Nikola Tesla

Thank you for the answer(s) and really funny tahta I actuall real conversation started from this..

I somwheer heard that people in Cern used some advance formlua and from that it looks like atoms are actually build up by 0 and 1 (like computers u know)
    Liek we live in some Matrix world, that are ofc not 100% sure about this

For some this might sound like science fiction and for some an answer
    Jiggitup

old lol?
    Hidden Text click here to show

Safelist Member
    ok i see that word confused you so i'll modify my statement and here's where we stand.
    it did not confuse me at all i just was too lazy to think of a suitable adverb so i just used it in that form

IMAGINE if Einstein/Leonardo Da Vinci/Thomas Edison/Archimedes of Syracuse/Nicola Tesla/Aurel Vlaicu would have been born in a very religious family and his parents would beat the crap out of him if they ever caught him reading a science book.
    shit like that actually happened and he became a famous writer(i have no idea what his name is i don't like poetry"

Religion says: stay dumb and do what you're told or else you will burn in hell for all eternity.
    i agree, and i also say that only dumb people believe in that shit anymore and those who believe could not bring ANY good to science. It's as simple as that

Quote Originally Posted by Nobber708 View Post
    I somwheer heard that people in Cern used some advance formlua and from that it looks like atoms are actually build up by 0 and 1 (like computers u know)
    thats just a superstition, the only purpose of Chernobyl was to convert heat into electricity. It didn't have a research sector as far as i know, it was just a poorly managed nuclear power plant...

shit like that actually happened and he became a famous writer
    who is he, i specified a number of heavy contributors to science.... u failed to see the point.

ill try again and make the "he" anonymous:

IMAGINE if <insert name of great contributor to science here> would have been born in a very religious family and his parents would beat the crap out of him if they ever caught him reading a science book. Science would have not improved due to the lack of <insert name of great contributor to science here>'s tremendous contribution.

how's that.
    Last edited by [RO]Claudiu; 23rd August 2012 at 10:45 PM.
    Watch and learn
    -Bernard Lietaer
    To overstate the argument deliberately, perhaps we are hallucinating all the time and what we call perception is arrived at by simply determining what hallucination best conforms to the current sensory input.

-V.S. Ramachandran
    “Alpha waves in the human brain are between 6 and 8 hertz. The wave frequency of the human cavity resonates between 6 and 8 hertz. All biological systems operate in the same frequency range. The human brain's alpha waves function in this range and the electrical resonance of the earth is between 6 and 8 hertz. Thus, our entire biological system – the brain and the earth itself – work on the same frequencies. If we can control that resonate system electronically, we can directly control the entire mental system of humankind.”

-Nikola Tesla

Safelist Member
    i don't even know why i try srsly, i'm out of this conversation

Quote Originally Posted by -Decay-
    i agree, and i also say that only dumb people believe in that shit anymore and those who believe could not bring ANY good to science. It's as simple as that
    [url]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Richard_Smalley[/url]
    [url]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carl_Friedrich_von_Weizs%C3%A4cker[/url]
    [url]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Allan_Sandage[/url]
    I could name more but this is enough

Safelist Member
    last post here since this one is missintepreted

we were not talking about ppl who believe in god we were talking about fanatics who believed in "believe and don't think"
    Last edited by -Decay-; 24th August 2012 at 12:27 AM.

I'm not stupid either are you,but we're both ignorant and i didn't read it carefully

Safelist Member
    I'm not stupid either are you,but we're both ignorant and i didn't read it carefully
    i wasn't refering to you as being stupid
    i see now that that could be interpreted, my bad i had a bad choice of words
    i was refering to the post and i dont even know why i wrote stupid....

edit: there, fixed, that's what i ment

i don't tend to insult ppl while i'm having a decent argument

Blog Entries
    Only spam here and bad manners.

Cern is not Chernobyl lol
    Jiggitup

old lol?
    Hidden Text click here to show

Banned I'm here for more than 1 year and I am banned! I'M SUCH A NO LIFE STUPID KID!

Blog Entries
    [url]http://vukajlija.com/reakcije/18415[/url]

when you remember what they are talking 'bout catholic priests
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeussssss View Post
    davide majka ti nije baterija ali je i dalje svi pune
    Quote Originally Posted by [^RawR^] View Post
    SS is dead now, maybe it's time for Slayzer to make some new league

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

<FROM: ChaoS-_-GuarD> cao ogi ajde dodji na cosak da se samaramo
    <FROM: CRO_ZEUS> prvo reci mami da ode sa istog

Click on the picture!

[url=http://eurobattle.net/threads/179778-Nutrition-and-how-it-influences-body-performance][/url]
    Watch and learn
    -Bernard Lietaer

-V.S. Ramachandran

-Nikola Tesla

I eat what I want
    Save the dramma for your mama.

oh claudiu i'm becoming addicted to your posts : ]

Page 285 of 336 FirstFirst ... 185 235 275 283 284 285 286 287 295 335 ... LastLast