Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Lane control guide by ^FEAR

Safelist Member
    Awards
    When i'm with a melee carry and have a hard time farming because of harras, I usualy intentionaly aggro creeps by right-clicking on enemy heroes to draw them closer to me and out of the harrasers's range.
    And you do what? His creeps start going at you for 2 sec, not attacking, in meanwhile your creeps attack and push lane, and the range hero just come in closer so he can hit u anyway ( in meanwhile, u play his game, so he get more creeps, as i said the hero with lower attack dmg and worse attack animation, should disrupt the normal creep fighting, not a melee hero with 60 dmg lvl 1 with uber good animation ).

Mirana can't rly do much vs obsi,there are just a few heros who can handle him.
    What u mean? Obsi is easy to handle hero, its hard to play vs him if u get a farming battle with him, as i mentioned before, if stay behind and try to lasthit/deny while on 1200 range from him, he's gonna rape u, if u keep yourself close, spam starfall from lvl 3 ( 2 x starfall + 1 leap ), he's gonna retreat very fast , and then u have rune control, a section where the obsi is very bad at.
    Last edited by Tito; 5th April 2011 at 08:16 PM.

And what about astral ?

Except it ruins your lh,its also burning your mana.

Maybe bottle could help potm,but if i am obsi i wouldn't leave all runes to her.

And yes tito,i am talking about 1v1 mid.

I dont see other way to stop obsi except mass ganks,but if your teammates cover you and ward good it would be rly hard.
    Znas kako se postaje sampion? Izađes na teren kada je najteze... i pobedis! ~

NIKAD PORAZ - samo lekcija! ~

Mozda ce me neko, nekad pobediti, ali ce krvariti. ~

Kad vise ne mozes, tad najvise moras! ~

To become the best, learn from best! ~
    retired dota legend
    ~XxX[Muerto]XxX

Safelist Member
    Awards
    astral is useless spell, more and more people are getting it only lvl 1, massing aura + orb, obsi go on lane with lets say two salve + tango, they will be gone if potm played good before obsi reach lvl 6-7, what means more salves buying, more obsi saying back running away from potm, even if not die, they will have even cs in best case for obsi ( potm got a great spamming spell - starfall, u hit range creep 2 times, wait till 2 creeps are " low " and cast it, ofc i am speaing when creeps are on your half of the hill and obsi can'teven think about hitting a creep without recieving 3-4 hits )

Well if i would meet that aggressive opponent i would change strategy and pick first skill.Its like playing vs viper.Astral is useless,because while you reach lvl 5/7 you would be owned by that poison shit(if not killed few times,then half cs of opponent's cs) and with first skill (forgot name :S ) you can respond on every hit you get and agressive style like that and maybe even take over control vs some heros since that frist skill has solid range.I know its not powerful,but its decent nuke and its growing and growing and growing

I didn't say that i always build astral,but it helps vs many heros.Or maybe i didn't meet enough ''smart'' players with good strategy vs destro.
    Last edited by mILOSbRE; 5th April 2011 at 08:52 PM.

retired dota legend
    ~XxX[Muerto]XxX

Safelist Member
    Awards
    I am just explaining that there is a way to beat any hero, with almost any hero, if u know what are u doing. When i said astral is useless, i meant is useless vs potm, cuz u mentioned astral gonna rape potm on laning stage of game, I didn't say obsi with orb is the right way to play vs potm

Thats all true,game play in hs leagues and competive dota is so developed that you can answer on any combo.

But there is a group of heros who dominate early,who have some advantage,you know when you play cm and argue with teammates ''ban this hero'' ''no no you must ban him'' and so on...Its not without reason,imo.

retired dota legend
    ~XxX[Muerto]XxX

Safelist Member
    Awards
    D

U get out of topic, bainning a hero has nothing to do with him being an imba laner, its mostly a hero that would perfectly fit in their lineup, example, they fped venge, then picked furion + zeus, banning clockwerk + spectre, would be the perfect idea, if those are banned mb get rid of tinker or rex.. etc

U don't ban a hero in cm mode because he's imba solo mid LANE DOMINATOR, u ban a hero because he can mess with your strat.

What are you talking about, obsi wins on lane vs potm. (Tito strategy lol)

With potm you can cast a MAXIMUM of 2 starfalls before you're out of mana, that's 1 starfall if u get astral spammed. You can't exhange hits with obsi because he's got more damage from stealing int and potm damage is crap anyway. Leap is 600 range. If obsi has boots, he will outrun you to runes with lvl 2 astral already... Leap + starfall on lvl 3 is 160 mana, you get astraled, he hits you 3 times and you're out of mana and on 60% hp. Unless he lets you get every single rune you won't win that lane
    KASSEL: urke looks like harry potter and frodo in 1 person: frodo potter

inb4 shitstorm
    <Tito> oni famous igraci
    <Tito> nisu nista bolje
    <Tito> od fiku
    <BaKisS> fika>famous

Safelist Member
    Awards
    ask to pick u obsi when i pick potm in ss game, i show u

I disagree that potm wins lane with obsi (she doesnt) and she cant easly kill obsi 1v1 without gangs.
    But her huge advantage is range, and on mid lane she can avoid astrals and when obsi chase her uphill also harras him a bit.

(obs ward on uphill solves^^)
    "First in, last out."
    the Bridgeburners

Quote Originally Posted by Uberpr0 View Post
    i heard stories that the ancient indians attached tAy to a stick and walked around pointing him to floor and when he started screaming CREEPS CREEPS! they'd find a gold mine?
    I can't hug anyone. I'm a bad person like that.

Ye but 1-2 ganks on obsi or one good rune can turn everything into potms advantage. (lvl + items i mean)

y 3 ganks can turn lane into troll favour vs sf
    <Tito> oni famous igraci
    <Tito> nisu nista bolje
    <Tito> od fiku
    <BaKisS> fika>famous

You should be 1 level behind when obsi is 4-5 too if he uses astral well
    KASSEL: urke looks like harry potter and frodo in 1 person: frodo potter

Safelist Member
    Awards
    I don't mean winning lane, 5-0 score + 60 creeps min 10, this was example of how to play against a hero with higher dmg and better attack animation then yours..

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast