Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Map Making Help Centre

alex_181993
    man not like that from way gates...youre solution is s simple one...i need it for way gates.
    And Venin what do you mean with you can not make the terrain?

[YT]
    I did not understand you question, alex, please contact me tho the game...
    [YT].

Vein - The hardest part is triggering and terrain, items+heroes is the easiest part.

BTW i'm making a tag
    Here's some pics:
    *I started it few minutes ago, and it's only the start of the terrain..

Vein
    Hmm....how to protect map?...is there any chances to do that?Iv seen many maps that r "protected"...

[YT]
    You HAVE to protect your map, so people won't steal it and say they made it.
    It happent to me when I published the unprotected version of Vampirism: BloodLust v1.03~1.04 and some "MISTER_Jupanu" came, changed the creator name, map description and loading screen saying "I am the real creator don't trust YT he stole my map."
    SO...I made a nice thing ;o
    [url]http://epicwar.com/maps/9942/[/url]

Ok...Lets see if i can cook something up....

Quote Originally Posted by alex_181993 View Post
    the question mark or what?
    oh and [YT]...or shadow wich one of you has ever made a hero arena because i have a question:
    1)wich is the trigger to win at a certain killcount
    Well lets see if this can help you (or just or just create a mess with triggersand lame comments et:

Deppends of if you use teams or only players....if you use teams than set the teams kills be syncronised with a shop each (each with a different shop xD) and than use a small chain of triggers...
    Event - Generic unit event-Unit dies
    Actions
    With If Than Else (multiples)
    Check from wich team is the owner of the killing unit ( im sure you know how to do it but im gonna type it anyways it might help some1 else someday )
    If (Booleran)
    Player - Player is in Player Group (cuz im sure you would make player groups for teams select the first team)
    Than
    Unit - Set Custom Value of Unit(the shop for the respective team) to Value of Unit (the shop we r tlakin bout) + 1 (thats how to do Team kills) Player kills are easier like if you use leaderboard is the easiest for players kills Team kills can be set like With a trig every 2 secs to set 1stTeam Value to custom value of the teams respective shop
    If you use teams kills than just for the end use a trigger
    Every 2 secs
    If (integer)
    Unit Custom value of (one of the shops responding to a teams kills) greater than or equal to the max kills u want
    Than
    Victory the winners and deffeat the others...
    Copy that If then else function by making the corrections for the other shops responding to another teams kills n so
    Or if you want check [URL="http://eurobattle.net/attachment.php?attachmentid=23849&d=1158410615"]this out[/URL] (its too old ver forgot to protect it unlike new edition) but has some triggers that can guide you unlike this (ill say it again) mess i wrote

2)wich is the trigger to blick acces in a way gate to a certain unit...

Last edited by ShadoWbg; 19th November 2007 at 07:47 PM.
    To contact me in the server: ShadoW.bg
    Hidden Text click here to show

Vein
    I want to make Peon a hero..how to do that??

alex_181993
    1)change the model file of a hero and the sound

PS [YT] post here the map you need help with and about
    messenger

PS im am working on a campaighn to continue WC3 who want to help just post here suggestions.Any suggestior will be put as a map maker.(in the map)
    Last edited by ShadoWbg; 19th November 2007 at 07:49 PM.

I have a question..
    How to put a hero to speak something on start of game.. I dont mean he to speak, but something to be shown down - text.. that he talks and the face of the hero on the left ( Like on campagins, but no need of sounds.. thx
    Yes and Hero to speak on end - if you win.. and if you lose..

Vein
    Hmm,i wasnt talking about map look(sincerly u didnt looked blizzard maps enough)...i was talking 'bout placing and those stuff...(map is blizzard edit xD),my maps really look pathethic(it has a tree and a rock,and another tree)...xD....

This is MY MAP(i made terrain..LOL)....so i think it REALLY REALLY SUCKS...:/...
    Last edited by ShadoWbg; 16th January 2007 at 10:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by No_NaMe_15 View Post
    I have a question..
    How to put a hero to speak something on start of game.. I dont mean he to speak, but something to be shown down - text.. that he talks and the face of the hero on the left ( Like on campagins, but no need of sounds.. thx
    Yes and Hero to speak on end - if you win.. and if you lose..
    Its easy you use the Cinematics
    For instance when you begin
    Event- Map Initialization
    Action
    Cinematic - Turn Cinematic Mode on for All Players (thats ONLY if you want cinematic mode)
    Cinematic - Transmission from [Here u have 2 options] 1.Unit
    2.Unit Type
    [Difference is that from unit: u have to have placed the unit on the map and wiht Unit-type u just need to know the unit-type of the speaking unit...either way it continues so..] You type the details and set the time for the cinematic...and than if u need more units to speak repeat
    if no than just do
    Cinematic- Turn Cinematic mode off for all players (if u used it)

For the end of your game its the same...but instead as
    Event- Map Initialization
    Use for event the Victory \ Deffeat conditions u set...
    or just make the cinematic be part of the trigger when u win\loose that easier
    Hope i helped a little at least

Quote Originally Posted by Vein View Post
    Hmm,i wasnt talking about map look(sincerly u didnt looked blizzard maps enough)...i was talking 'bout placing and those stuff...(map is blizzard edit xD),my maps really look pathethic(it has a tree and a rock,and another tree)...xD....

This is MY MAP(i made terrain..LOL)....so i think it REALLY REALLY SUCKS...:/...
    Well this one aint so bad either... a little 2 much space to be attacked from ... but still i wont let go of the things i said before
    And bout the placing i really can get what actually r u talking bout?
    And since its one of your first maps dont be 2 hard on your self
    After all if you checkout my think [URL="http://eurobattle.net/attachment.php?attachmentid=23939&d=1158498750"]this[/URL] is my 3rd map or so i can't say im very proud of it my-self... ,but hey "we all learn by our mistakes"et:

Quote Originally Posted by [YT] View Post
    Hmm 1 question..
    How to make an image like on DotA of the minimap (that on [URL="http://www.epicwar.com"]www.epicwar.com[/URL] you can see the image..)
    Thanks
    Hm... i dont remember someone answering to that one... or atleast dont see a post...even a deleted one...
    [URL="http://eurobattle.net/showthread.php?t=36823"]Hm..Nery made a topic thats bout minimap...[/URL]
    Im sure he saw it...but still it would be nice to give a link to it for sure....I couldn't see what he mentioned tho... maybe he had in mind something else... Well what ever it is we (at least i) wond understand it untill he gets back and tells it. I haven't seen him for a while... in here... Maybe now its his turn to not have internet for 2 weeks in a row lol
    Last edited by ShadoWbg; 19th November 2007 at 07:53 PM.

alex_181993
    i suggest you put a normal naga because a model that is immported messes up the icon next to the mini map and to adapt that you need a lot of triggers and i havent got a naga model btw i think i got it with the model editor

ok..hm... maybe if i tweak a naga or 2 with the model editor...for some purposes....hm...btw what do you mean by lots of triggers...i adapt a model just by simply putting it saving, changing few paths and "voila"...
    lol xD but yet i might have not understood you correctly..

alex_181993
    i mean to not make it show a foot and at the next selec tyou got the head and the body you know i needed 5 diferent triggers
    but nvm if youre thing works i will do it with model editor

Airry171

Deprotecting maps

Any1 has any idea how to deprotect a map???

ok i moved a post to this thread..but i dont know of any unprotecting ways....

Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast