Page 4 of 418 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 54 104 ... LastLast

Thread: What Are You Listening To

Ykc
    gogo skyrunner ... i dont listen metal much.... in fact i only like in flames and iron maiden so thumbs up on in flames

Djole
    Listening to Oforia-Return of the Machines

I like trance/dance/psy
    Especially Goa Trance which is very very cool ^^

Something about trance: As the name suggests, trance music aims for a hypnotic state with a combination of hard, up-tempo, four-on-the-floor beats, arpeggiated sequences, and euphoric, anthem-like refrains. While trance gained popularity at both underground clubs and raves, the movement proliferated in countries such as the U.K., Belgium, Holland, and Germany, in tandem with the rise of ground-breaking talent such as Art of Trance, Jam and Spoon, and Sven Vath. The style gained popularity and play in European clubs such as Ministry of Sound, Ibiza, and Cream. Meanwhile in India, in the coastal state of Goa, a form of electronic dance known as Goa, or psychedelic trance, arose alongside an international backpacking community. Live acts such as Infected Mushroom characterized the sound with abrasive, repetitive, 4/4 rhythms and winding acid loops. During the '90s, artists such as Sasha and John Digweed and hard-trance forefathers Pascal FEOS, DJ Scot Project, and Cosmic Gate helped trance diversify into different styles in the U.K., including progressive trance (synonymous with progressive house). New producers and remixers entered the fold of trance rather quickly with new forms and styles that embedded the melodic "epic" feel of the music style. Labels such as AM:PM, Manifesto, Perfecto, and Positiva Records championed the sound commercially and spawned the likes of U.S. producer and DJ Christopher Lawrence, who is today's leading U.S. trance DJ alongside trance empress Sandra Collins.

Notable Artists: Art of Trance, Sven Vath, Sandra Collins

FRG/10
    TranCe & RoCk

What do you listen of trance? Can I get your 10 favourite songs?

Yeah what kind of trance?

geralt
    so right now:Kamelot-March of mephisto, otherway hiphop and metal, hmm strange combination )

Dee Dee - The one (Driftwood mix).mp3

Quote Originally Posted by Djole View Post

I like trance/dance/psy
    Especially Goa Trance which is very very cool ^^

Something about trance: As the name suggests, trance music aims for a hypnotic state with a combination of hard, up-tempo, four-on-the-floor beats, arpeggiated sequences, and euphoric, anthem-like refrains. While trance gained popularity at both underground clubs and raves, the movement proliferated in countries such as the U.K., Belgium, Holland, and Germany, in tandem with the rise of ground-breaking talent such as Art of Trance, Jam and Spoon, and Sven Vath. The style gained popularity and play in European clubs such as Ministry of Sound, Ibiza, and Cream. Meanwhile in India, in the coastal state of Goa, a form of electronic dance known as Goa, or psychedelic trance, arose alongside an international backpacking community. Live acts such as Infected Mushroom characterized the sound with abrasive, repetitive, 4/4 rhythms and winding acid loops. During the '90s, artists such as Sasha and John Digweed and hard-trance forefathers Pascal FEOS, DJ Scot Project, and Cosmic Gate helped trance diversify into different styles in the U.K., including progressive trance (synonymous with progressive house). New producers and remixers entered the fold of trance rather quickly with new forms and styles that embedded the melodic "epic" feel of the music style. Labels such as AM:PM, Manifesto, Perfecto, and Positiva Records championed the sound commercially and spawned the likes of U.S. producer and DJ Christopher Lawrence, who is today's leading U.S. trance DJ alongside trance empress Sandra Collins.

Notable Artists: Art of Trance, Sven Vath, Sandra Collins
    That description is very outdated. First, Sven Vath now completely plays techno. Mark Spoon (from Jam and Spoon) died in January last year, and I wouldn't put Art Of Trance as one of the most notable trance artists.

Here's an article explaining the [url=http://www.trancepodium.com/articles/articles/the_history_and_different_subgenres_of_trance_musi c_21.html]history and the genres of trance music[/url]. Sorry for the self promotion

On topic: GMS - Juice (Requiem For A Dream)
    PBT!

Djole
    Quote Originally Posted by Hypnotic_MKD View Post
    That description is very outdated. First, Sven Vath now completely plays techno. Mark Spoon (from Jam and Spoon) died in January last year, and I wouldn't put Art Of Trance as one of the most notable trance artists.

Here's an article explaining the [url=http://www.trancepodium.com/articles/articles/the_history_and_different_subgenres_of_trance_musi c_21.html]history and the genres of trance music[/url]. Sorry for the self promotion

On topic: GMS - Juice (Requiem For A Dream)
    Hey man this was copy/pasted from wikipedia xD

Djole
    Btw i really like your site/forum it's very cool

edit: sry for double post

Then I guess wikipedia could use some updating

Thanks. You can join if you like it. I could use another member
    PBT!

UnNamed
    Nu Metal,melodic Death Metal,symphonic Metal
    Korn,in Flames,nightwish

Animate]dreaden
    now playing rage against the machine-testify ^^

[Dz]Scorpion
    who have a site where can i download the music (rap and hip hop )
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by _TerrorBlade_ View Post
    \\\Dimmu Borgir - Progenies Of The Great Apocalypse///
    its not bad but they have better songs.. video is awesome
    Quote Originally Posted by Djole View Post
    this song rules..

i listen to death/black metal and psy trance.. my bro listen hip-hop..

anyway song now on winamp.. Arch Enemy - Angelclaw

Page 4 of 418 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 54 104 ... LastLast