Page 311 of 314 FirstFirst ... 211 261 301 309 310 311 312 313 ... LastLast
Results 4,651 to 4,665 of 4697

Thread: Football !

modric was the best croatian player on the pitch yesterday, lol for not mentioning him

Šimunić was so good against Serbia he didn't feel the need to play the whole game to prove it.

Any comments on new transfers in the Premier League - Ozil, Fellaini, Navas, Etoo? What do you think was the most important transfer of this summer? And please don't let it be Bale.

Since I started working as a translator for a betting advice website I don't feel the need to discuss sports outside the office, so that's why I haven't posted the Chinese wall in a while...
    We must love one another or die.
    W.H.Auden

If you don't want a man unhappy politically, don't give him two sides to a question to worry him; give him one. Better yet, give him none.
    Ray Bradbury - Fahrenheit 451

Blog Entries
    Well navas isn't new transfer It's old 2 months
    And for sure it isn't bale. I think that most important transfer was kaka or ozil. Who knows my kaka returns to his old shape.. and about ozil. He assisted the most time to Ronaldo than anyone in his carrier. He was one of creators of reals game ...

Ozil best transfer in this summer..

Bale sux.. they have Di Maria Ronaldo, for what Bale? and after then they sell ozil.. without brain -_-
    Back in staff

Blog Entries
    Bale is good player, soon he will be good class , you can't win competion like Champions league with 1 name ( c.ronaldo ) They have great wingers now , di maria played good 2011-2012 but last season he sucked hard. Take notes qq , I think you don't know what your talking about

Honored Legend
    Awards
    The best summer transfer was prolly Ozil. Kaka was good deal for milan by getting him for free and lowing his wage, even tho it might take a little time till he gets in shape but he obviously won't be as fast as he used to be, so he'll prolly work more with the passing and assissting for goals.

Bale is great player but overpriced, he deserves 40-45 mil euros but nothing more.

Oh and yeah, don't forget Isco, he was good signing for madrid.

Honestly, I'm skeptical about Isco. I mean, OK, he did have a good season at Malaga, but it was only one season. And for him to push Ozil out of the team (because they have the same role in the team), it's really a risky judgement.
    Kaka isn't a risky move (since he was free) but I honestly don't think he will have the same impact he did when he left for Real Madrid. Too many years and injuries have passed since for him to be that player again. He will probably have Ronaldinho's influence - great from time to time, but not consistent in the long run.

Navas's transfer may be 2 months old, but it's still a summer transfer, nonetheless. Despite what people say, I think City did not do a great job this transfer period, at leas not in terms of covering the places they need. They sold 1 forward and got 2 back, both of whom are not guaranteed to be successful, they got yet another solid winger in Navas, but this wasn't exactly their weak spot, they tried to cover their defensive injury problem by getting Demichelis who, ironically, got injured soon after being signed (good job City physicians) and they got another midfielder enforcer whose creativity is overshadowed by his defensive features, which is also something they already had.

United's transfer period was a total disaster, but at least we got Fellaini, if nothing else.

Ozil to Arsenal would be a great transfer if Arsenal actually lacked midfield creativity, which most certainly is not the case. He's a good player, and he'll be a great addition to the team, but I doubt that's what they were missing all these years. A robust center-forward and another stable center-back would be far better reinforcements. The most important

I would put the following transfers among Premier League's most important, i.e. those that will probably make the biggest impact:
    Soldado to Tottenham
    Mignolet to Liverpool
    Eto'o to Chelsea;

and the following transfer as the most important in Europe:
    Mkhtariyan to Borussia Dortmund
    Cavani to PSG
    Higuain to Napoli
    Tevez to Juventus
    (Falcao to Monaco won't have much influence on the rest of Europe this season).
    W.H.Auden

If you don't want a man unhappy politically, don't give him two sides to a question to worry him; give him one. Better yet, give him none.

Arsenal and Ozil top and .
    Back in staff

I wish qualifications for WC starts now ... but those are just wishes, unfortunately for Serbia.

I was mostly criticizing our team, but after those two games i have reason to belive that everything will be better in the nearest future.I wouldn't underestimate game vs Wales, altho Serbia is more quality team no doubts in that, since we are the only team who scored more then 2 goals against them, amazing 9 goals in 2 games.

And about game vs Croats, i also have no doubts that we were better team that night, our players have shown a greater desire to win, they played pressing whole game which gave us control of the game and controlling great and experienced team as Croatian is big deal, especially for our young team. Now, someone will say that it was their team strategy to stay back and let initiative to opponent waiting their mistake for counter-attack and chance to score since our team is young and unexperienced which can be good strategy, but they started very offensively with 3 attackers which tell us something else And i am not mad on Simunic for what he did, he had no choice, he had to do it.The question is, did he had to be so rough ? But i don't really care since Sulejmani recovered and Simunic got deserved punishment.

About transfers, Soldado fits well in Tottenham, Mkhtariyan chose the best option for him and i am sure there is place for him in starting 11 in Dortmund, Napoli did a good job with bringing Higuain in team, same thing for Juventus with Tevez.Ozil is great player, very grateful. About Eto, i belive he needs to work alot to deserve place in attack before Torres and Demba Ba who playing long time in PL. And i don't like to see two super stars on one place, like Ibrahimovic and Cavani are.I am not sure how it gonna work . . .
    Znas kako se postaje sampion? Izađes na teren kada je najteze... i pobedis! ~

NIKAD PORAZ - samo lekcija! ~

Mozda ce me neko, nekad pobediti, ali ce krvariti. ~

Kad vise ne mozes, tad najvise moras! ~

To become the best, learn from best! ~
    retired dota legend
    ~XxX[Muerto]XxX

Blog Entries
    Nice matches yestarday. I enjoyed in Real's and UNiteds game. Ozil was really good in his first match with Gunners
    Anyways this week starts Champions league

Here, 10 minutes before matches start, my bets are :

City 2
    Olympiakos - psg gg ( both to score)
    Real Sociedad - Shakhtar gg ( both to score)
    Rangers 2 altho the odd is too big which makes me rly suspicious
    Bolton 1-1 and on other ticket Bolton to score in second half
    Bristol City to score in first half

all those tips are distributed on 3 tickets, its not only 1 !!

GL to me
    Znas kako se postaje sampion? Izađes na teren kada je najteze... i pobedis! ~

NIKAD PORAZ - samo lekcija! ~

Mozda ce me neko, nekad pobediti, ali ce krvariti. ~

Kad vise ne mozes, tad najvise moras! ~

To become the best, learn from best! ~
    retired dota legend
    ~XxX[Muerto]XxX

Ex-Administrator
    I'm only coming back to this thread every time City stomps United to check for Fatman's pulse.

City gg but ARSENAL win league this year guys...
    Back in staff

Quote Originally Posted by Xfire View Post
    I'm only coming back to this thread every time City stomps United to check for Fatman's pulse.
    Oh United are starting off this year rather poorly, but it's nothing new for United, especially after buying only Fellaini. United are in the period of transition and I believe the best thing for us United fans is to forget about any silverware for this season and if it comes great, but if it doesn't it's just a part of re-creating a new team. I'm sure Moyes's United will click eventually, but we've got to be patient.

City on the other hand have done a major overhaul this summer and have spent a truckload of money and then some and are still getting almost identically poor results as United (although I admit that defeat was not easy to swallow).

Arsenal will be no1. until some Stoke butcher takes out both of Ozil's legs and they lose 2-3 more players for 6 months during warm-up as they do every season.
    W.H.Auden

Ex-Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by fatman69 View Post
    Oh United are starting off this year rather poorly, but it's nothing new for United, especially after buying only Fellaini. United are in the period of transition and I believe the best thing for us United fans is to forget about any silverware for this season and if it comes great, but if it doesn't it's just a part of re-creating a new team. I'm sure Moyes's United will click eventually, but we've got to be patient.

City on the other hand have done a major overhaul this summer and have spent a truckload of money and then some and are still getting almost identically poor results as United (although I admit that defeat was not easy to swallow).

Arsenal will be no1. until some Stoke butcher takes out both of Ozil's legs and they lose 2-3 more players for 6 months during warm-up as they do every season.
    I honestly dislike United though I always respected them. And while I'd like to see them get no silverware this season, I cannot say that seeing a club falling apart (even if it's just for a season or two) would make me happy, no matter the adversity I have for them in the Premier League. Other than that, I genuinely rooted for them in Champions League, since I always do so for the English teams.

Nonetheless, Moyes' reign has just begun and he'll definitely not get sacked anytime soon. He has still to impose respect in the locker room and has made a few enemies since the start of the season, but soon he'll get things going on. I don't rate him as a great manager, but he somehow managed to stick Everton together during all those years; at United he needs to do more than that, sticking the team together is just the first step for him, since everyone expects United to go back to where they belong in the top.

To conclude, I honestly feel this will be a great, great BPL season, like we haven't had one in many years. Not just because Arsenal might finally win a trophy, but because there are so much more unexpected results than in the previous seasons. While some of them are lucky (see the likes of Liverpool, Aston Villa, Hull or Cardiff), others unlucky (City, Newcastle, Fulham or Norwich) and some great (Arsenal, Everton, Southampton) - the fate of the season will not be decided until the very last day, I believe. There will be some interesting transfers during the season break and things might turn around after the first half of the season.
    Last edited by Xfire; 5th October 2013 at 05:59 PM.

Page 311 of 314 FirstFirst ... 211 261 301 309 310 311 312 313 ... LastLast