Page 279 of 314 FirstFirst ... 179 229 269 277 278 279 280 281 289 ... LastLast
Results 4,171 to 4,185 of 4697

Thread: Football !

Banned I'm here for more than 1 year and I am banned! I'M SUCH A NO LIFE STUPID KID!

Blog Entries
    nice finish of the game City-QPR
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeussssss View Post
    davide majka ti nije baterija ali je i dalje svi pune
    Quote Originally Posted by [^RawR^] View Post
    SS is dead now, maybe it's time for Slayzer to make some new league

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

<FROM: ChaoS-_-GuarD> cao ogi ajde dodji na cosak da se samaramo
    <FROM: CRO_ZEUS> prvo reci mami da ode sa istog

Football, bloody hell...
    We must love one another or die.
    W.H.Auden

If you don't want a man unhappy politically, don't give him two sides to a question to worry him; give him one. Better yet, give him none.
    Ray Bradbury - Fahrenheit 451

Ahahahahahahahah WTFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF, 2 goals in 90 minutes, one of them in min 94 ?!?!?!?!?!?!?....I didn't saw the game but wtf is this, really, I can only say WTF?!...can't think of an arrangement cuz it's Premier League so...WHAT THE FUCK?!
    No comment, City champions.

Quote Originally Posted by fatman69 View Post
    Football, bloody hell...
    this is why english league will always be the best and most interesting league, doesn't mater if first plays against last it's always drama and goals

altho spanish league is stronger atm, it's not nearly interesting

premier league, a shining diamond in the world of football, thank you english fans, cuz you made it the way it is, always cheering for football 1st then for your team 2nd
    <Tito> oni famous igraci
    <Tito> nisu nista bolje
    <Tito> od fiku
    <BaKisS> fika>famous

Blog Entries
    LOL city is sHIT*
    and something is strange here.... to big (mins) for final
    United is 1st :>
    united for ever <3

Blog Entries
    It's just football luck.. look at Chelsea for example. They came into CL finals playing bunker, QPR on the other hand was not that lucky and lost.. football luck all the way.

Undefeated Mad Balls Arena champion

I saw it live and it was what da fuuuuck that games is why watching football at stadium is awesome! also QPR just broke itself after dzeko's goal. anyway, I don't like city, but congratulations on the way they won it

Blog Entries
    They actually deserved it more than United this season, I don't like either of them tho..

Undefeated Mad Balls Arena champion

Ex-Administrator
    Well deserved. I rooted for City the entire reason and finally it came to this. A shocking end, not for weak-hearted fans, but still, that's what makes English football so interesting. Balance, tension and emotions. Not in vain was the 11/12 season named the best in its 20 year history, since its 1992 inception ( in the new format ).

City played football, scored goals, entertained everyone and most importantly destroyed the Big Four myth that made BPL become so boring for the past 10 years. United on the other hand played poor, relished on City's failures ( when those occured ) and failed to look like a team that deserved to be champions this season. When City were 8 points behind I told myself that United could never lose that gap, with the experience they have from over the years. But I still hoped, and they proved that they deserve to lose the title. Excuses and mud-throwing is pointless atm, United lost it fair and square. And because of THEMSELVES.

The only thing I'm pissed atm is Lyon ruining my betting ticket. Got 13/14 correct ( again ), bloody hell.

Blog Entries
    Well, when you look united this season and season before... They aren't sow strong like before
    Next season is theirs

Quote Originally Posted by Cen View Post
    They actually deserved it more than United this season, I don't like either of them tho..
    United was simply terrible this season, as it was the season before. The only difference is that City had the composure this year, whereas in the previous season all teams imploded leaving United to win the season by default.

Quote Originally Posted by Xfire View Post
    Well deserved. I rooted for City the entire reason and finally it came to this. A shocking end, not for weak-hearted fans, but still, that's what makes English football so interesting. Balance, tension and emotions. Not in vain was the 11/12 season named the best in its 20 year history, since its 1992 inception ( in the new format ).

City played football, scored goals, entertained everyone and most importantly destroyed the Big Four myth that made BPL become so boring for the past 10 years. United on the other hand played poor, relished on City's failures ( when those occured ) and failed to look like a team that deserved to be champions this season. When City were 8 points behind I told myself that United could never lose that gap, with the experience they have from over the years. But I still hoped, and they proved that they deserve to lose the title. Excuses and mud-throwing is pointless atm, United lost it fair and square. And because of THEMSELVES.
    Yeah United only got themselves to blame for this season's flop; all injuries and stupid transfers aside, when you lose against Wigan and Blackburn, and draw at home after leading by 2 at the most crucial time of the season, you just aren't cut out to be the champion that year. Us United fans keep believing "next season, next year", but unless some serious players are brought I'm afraid this is all United will be in the years to come. I hear reports of new players that are on City's wishlist, and apart from a creative central midfielder, I really don't see them needing a player in any position. And still, they will buy more high-quality players. How on earth are you supposed to compete with that??

I'd just like to point out that it wasn't City that made the shift the Big 4, but Tottenham who broke into Big 4 two seasons ago. This also has to be attributed to Liverpool's amazing decline of the past several seasons despite the serious amount of money injected in their team. With this title, City have definitely shifted the balance of power in the PL, but the reality is that the old guard was getting old very fast, just look at Chelsea. I should just say that I still do not consider City to be the most bitter United's rivals (the strongest at this point, perhaps) as City were mostly a too shitty team to ever be considered a true rival, the history of rivalry with Liverpool and Arsenal is so much stronger.

Despite being a United fan, I believe some good things can come out of this:
    1. Competition is a good thing; maybe now that United were undone by their neighbors maybe they will finally splash out some money on several players, perhaps fuckin Luka Modrić and/or even Hazzard/Gaitan.
    2. The battle for the Big 4 becomes even more intriguing; from the original Big 4 to the Big 6 or even Big 7 if Newcastle somehow manage to keep themselves in the pot. Realistically, there will be 3-4 teams fighting for the no.1 spot, and 3 teams fighting for no. 3 and 4. And that is one hell of a league, if you ask me.
    W.H.Auden

If you don't want a man unhappy politically, don't give him two sides to a question to worry him; give him one. Better yet, give him none.

Ex-Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by fatman69 View Post
    I'd just like to point out that it wasn't City that made the shift the Big 4, but Tottenham who broke into Big 4 two seasons ago. This also has to be attributed to Liverpool's amazing decline of the past several seasons despite the serious amount of money injected in their team. With this title, City have definitely shifted the balance of power in the PL, but the reality is that the old guard was getting old very fast, just look at Chelsea. I should just say that I still do not consider City to be the most bitter United's rivals (the strongest at this point, perhaps) as City were mostly a too shitty team to ever be considered a true rival, the history of rivalry with Liverpool and Arsenal is so much stronger.

Despite being a United fan, I believe some good things can come out of this:
    1. Competition is a good thing; maybe now that United were undone by their neighbors maybe they will finally splash out some money on several players, perhaps fuckin Luka Modrić and/or even Hazzard/Gaitan.
    2. The battle for the Big 4 becomes even more intriguing; from the original Big 4 to the Big 6 or even Big 7 if Newcastle somehow manage to keep themselves in the pot. Realistically, there will be 3-4 teams fighting for the no.1 spot, and 3 teams fighting for no. 3 and 4. And that is one hell of a league, if you ask me.
    Yes, Tottenham were the first to break the Big Four, but despite that, they never won the PL ( neither did Liverpool in the new format, since '92, but they were a constant presence in champions league ). There was also Blackburn who won it in the '94-'95 season, but that was a simple fluke if you ask me, with all those transfers included ( Shearer & co. ).

This season should have been a good lesson for the Big Four. Time has come to start playing football once more, because City showed that money can indeed bring trophies. Imagine if there was a billionaire owner for each of the PL clubs, what a competition it would be. Even if a lot of people throw mud at City fans, saying that they didn't even know the team existed till a few seasons ago, that is bullshit. Every big club is built around money, and there is no exception in the whole world. We all saw what happened when money came into Chelsea and Arsenal. We all know that small clubs can never be good for more than one season, because the 'big sharks' will buy everything that is hot. So why would it be unfair when a small(er) club finally gets their hands on money and starts raising the competition level? It could've been anyone instead of City, even Wolverhampton or Rovers.

Back to the PL, and to Newcastle and Tottenham. As much as I like Newcastle, I think they will lose quite some players in the summer transfer window. Other than that, Newcastle is such an inconsistent team that it looks unreal. Winning 4-0, 3-0, 4-0 and then losing 0-4, 0-3, 1-5, then winning again. I for one am unable to understand a team like that. Tottenham on the other hand had a nightmare 11 game run with only 1 win after rumours spread out that Rednkapp might take the England national team for the Euros, so it's understandable. They got a formidable team, even though I believe they'll lose Bale and Modric in the summer. That could be compensated though by bringing a new goalkeeper ( seriously, papa Friedel has to get some rest and start thinking about what's his gonna do with his pension ). Other than that, I see Tottenham and Newcastle on the 3rd and 4th places at the end of next season if they can keep up a constant good form. There's no way Arsenal deserves a champions league spot more than them.

And United, well, all I can say is that Fergie got old. Old enough to step down, even though he doesn't seem to do that anytime soon ( he signed till 2015 if I remember correctly ). United had some injuries problems, including their captain, and bringing back retired players like Scholes really shows some signs of desperation in their camp. Other than that, I believe de Gea sucks ass. I can't really say what will happen next season with them, but I don't think they'll be able to beat City for the title. I see them coming close again, on the 2nd place.

Arsenal, Chelsea and Liverpool need to start rebuilding their teams from almost ground level. I do have some faith in Chelsea, since winning the CL will definitely boost their morale since they'll be playing in the CL in the next season as well, so their league performance might improve. Else, I see none of these teams doing anything till the '13-'14 season, unfortunately.

Another interesting team to look for is Everton. Huge respect for Moyes and what he did there. Amazing home record, good attacking value, will defo have a word to say in the next season top spots battle. We'll just have to wait and see though.

Funnily, the most exciting thing about this season is the next season. What a season will that be, oh God.

Blog Entries
    Well, Newcastle is every season better and better.
    Another hand Tottenham will lose Modrić this summer , I'm sure in that. He will go to Manchester United.
    Chelsea will win CL and Di mateo will be their coach .
    Next season will be more interesting and tensive:

I'm sorry but how the hell can you say chelsea will win cl?
    By all standards bayern has like 75% chance to win that and chelsea 25%
    <Tito> oni famous igraci
    <Tito> nisu nista bolje
    <Tito> od fiku
    <BaKisS> fika>famous

Quote Originally Posted by Xfire View Post
    Yes, Tottenham were the first to break the Big Four, but despite that, they never won the PL ( neither did Liverpool in the new format, since '92, but they were a constant presence in champions league ). There was also Blackburn who won it in the '94-'95 season, but that was a simple fluke if you ask me, with all those transfers included ( Shearer & co. ).

This season should have been a good lesson for the Big Four. Time has come to start playing football once more, because City showed that money can indeed bring trophies. Imagine if there was a billionaire owner for each of the PL clubs, what a competition it would be. Even if a lot of people throw mud at City fans, saying that they didn't even know the team existed till a few seasons ago, that is bullshit. Every big club is built around money, and there is no exception in the whole world. We all saw what happened when money came into Chelsea and Arsenal. We all know that small clubs can never be good for more than one season, because the 'big sharks' will buy everything that is hot. So why would it be unfair when a small(er) club finally gets their hands on money and starts raising the competition level? It could've been anyone instead of City, even Wolverhampton or Rovers.

Back to the PL, and to Newcastle and Tottenham. As much as I like Newcastle, I think they will lose quite some players in the summer transfer window. Other than that, Newcastle is such an inconsistent team that it looks unreal. Winning 4-0, 3-0, 4-0 and then losing 0-4, 0-3, 1-5, then winning again. I for one am unable to understand a team like that. Tottenham on the other hand had a nightmare 11 game run with only 1 win after rumours spread out that Rednkapp might take the England national team for the Euros, so it's understandable. They got a formidable team, even though I believe they'll lose Bale and Modric in the summer. That could be compensated though by bringing a new goalkeeper ( seriously, papa Friedel has to get some rest and start thinking about what's his gonna do with his pension ). Other than that, I see Tottenham and Newcastle on the 3rd and 4th places at the end of next season if they can keep up a constant good form. There's no way Arsenal deserves a champions league spot more than them.

And United, well, all I can say is that Fergie got old. Old enough to step down, even though he doesn't seem to do that anytime soon ( he signed till 2015 if I remember correctly ). United had some injuries problems, including their captain, and bringing back retired players like Scholes really shows some signs of desperation in their camp. Other than that, I believe de Gea sucks ass. I can't really say what will happen next season with them, but I don't think they'll be able to beat City for the title. I see them coming close again, on the 2nd place.

Arsenal, Chelsea and Liverpool need to start rebuilding their teams from almost ground level. I do have some faith in Chelsea, since winning the CL will definitely boost their morale since they'll be playing in the CL in the next season as well, so their league performance might improve. Else, I see none of these teams doing anything till the '13-'14 season, unfortunately.

Another interesting team to look for is Everton. Huge respect for Moyes and what he did there. Amazing home record, good attacking value, will defo have a word to say in the next season top spots battle. We'll just have to wait and see though.

Funnily, the most exciting thing about this season is the next season. What a season will that be, oh God.
    First of all, if all (or most) clubs in PL, or any league for that matter, were owned by billionaires it would be a disaster for football. Football goes beyond the realms of one country, and there isn't enough billionaires and their billions to sustain the whole of Europe. The situation in CL is unbalanced as it is today, I think pumping more and more money into football would eventually be its demise. These mega-offers for players are simply flooding the market, and there is no justification for any of them, or at least 99 % of them. Money IS needed to win the league, but had just one more shot by Aguero been off target, all the City's transfers of this season would be marked as a flop or at least a semi-flop. Had he missed the goal, money WOULDN'T be enough to win the league. I don't mind any clubs to be owned by some rich guy(s), if it adds to the quality of the legaue, but salary cap on European level MUST be determined, otherwise the gap between 5-6 of the richest clubs will just be too great and the system will just implode.

The CL final we are about to witness is a wonder, it is a miracle that the club with such conservative spending is able to appear in the finals. I fear this won't be repeated in a while if this irresponsible trend continues. Competition is what makes a league entertaining, pumping billions into 1-2 teams does not make for an entertaining league (cf. La Liga; Barcelona & Real Madrid); it rather makes a league a two-horse race.

Now, regarding Tottenham and Redknap, I think he has got to be the most overrated manager, as some of his players are too. He has two simple strategies, and two simple formations, he doesn't adapt to the opponent and he doesn't rotate the squad nearly as enough as he should and could. And he could, he has got Dos Santos rotting away on the bench, he has Niko Kranjčar to fill in for Modrić in several minor games but he doesn't do that, he has Sandro whom he introduces when he absolutely has to, he had an excess of wingers, and now that Tottenham have a shortage of them, he puts Modrić there. He has a squad that could easily, and I mean very easily, play the 4-3-3 system with Bale, Lennon and Dos Santosas attacking wingers. I mean Bale was born for that role. But do they play it? No, it's 4-4-2 and 4-5-1 as always. And they would be so great at it...

And I don't think Friedel is too old, even at his 41 years of age. When Van der Saar left last season, he left because he WANTED to not because he HAD to. Same goes for Friedel; as long as he can produce the way he's done this season, he's got a good couple of seasons in him.

Same goes for Fergie. Old, yes. Too old, definitely not. Tight transfer policy aside, not a lot of managers would achieve what he's done this season (compete for and almost win the top spot) with the squad at his disposal so plagued with injuries and the old guard fading away (cf. Rio, Evra and perhaps Vidić although to a lesser extent). If he could just get his hands on a good midfielder or 2, United would be much safer.

Regarding Everton, as fond as I am of these guys, there's no chance they would compete for top spots unless some serious money is invested in them. They can only buy players when they sell one of their own, and that is not the way you win the PL. And I really like them the way they are now - a small and relatively poor clubs, with rich history and tougher then the devil himself. It is clubs like them, Sunderland, Fulham, Stoke that add the spice to the league. You go to play against them and you take the game as a given, and you lead by 2 goals AND THE MOTHERFUCKERS SCORE 2 GOALS THAT COST YOU THE TITLE!! GODDAMN THEM AND THEIR FUCKIN COACH!!!!

But seriously, I'd be happy with them staying how and where they are (1 spot above Liverpool). And if United raid their ranks before next season, and get Fellaini, Baines and perhaps Jelavić, I'd be even happier with them.
    W.H.Auden

Page 279 of 314 FirstFirst ... 179 229 269 277 278 279 280 281 289 ... LastLast