Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6

Thread: The Ultimate Micro & Macro Guide

Awards
    Quote Originally Posted by Arbalest View Post
    agreed imc but if u think about it that way u'll find that its human that got the advantage of multi expo, he willl jus stay in his base and send tanks all over the map
    Once boc did it against me, he had something like 6 expos.
    when you have 3/4 wyrms with 3/3attack/armor you can destroy tanks like a coil lvl 2 kill a wisp.
    So he went girocopters, he lost because i had heroes lvl 10/10/10.
    Just creep creep and creep, the others will rush you.
    So you counter attack and finish that one, u'll have dk lvl 6 like np.

Quote Originally Posted by In.My.ConTroL View Post
    Once boc did it against me, he had something like 6 expos.
    when you have 3/4 wyrms with 3/3attack/armor you can destroy tanks like a coil lvl 2 kill a wisp.
    So he went girocopters, he lost because i had heroes lvl 10/10/10.
    Just creep creep and creep, the others will rush you.
    So you counter attack and finish that one, u'll have dk lvl 6 like np.
    yes i understand but human vs undead its like 2 faces of the same coin , the winner is determinated by few thing at start and middle game : for example who creep faster who got creepkacked, who lost his heroes during primal fight , the guy who scored the best will have the advantage in the long run, u as ud player u will say no so true ud> hu , another hu player will say the opposite , i would give both 50-50 credit and the difference will been seen at the gaming lvl of the players not races . at least its my opinion, cheers

Solo Guide for All Races

I. Table of Contents
    II. Introduction
    III. Humans
    IV. Undead
    V. Night Elf
    VI. Orc

II. Introduction
    This is for well experienced knowledgeable users who have a good experience in solo and other types of game play. Starting off, solo is a great way to improve your own skill after playing in 2v2 RT and getting a really bad percentage due to losses (ignore people calling you noobs) but rather pay attention to what the good players are getting.

III. Humans Solo Guide
    You probably want to thumbs down maps with bigger creeps that guard the gold mines like Gnoll Wood & MoonGlade. Starting off, ALWAYS get Archmage, water elemental is the greatest creeping tank ever made.
    Turtle Rock - Scout the area next to you. If there is nobody, I suggest you set rally point your footman near the Green Creeps on the side next to you. Summon an elemental on YOUR green, then send 3 Militia to your green and Archmage to the green on the base on the other side, giving you level 2 at the same speed as getting half a level, then having to go around to the other green. Zzz. I think it was a bit complicated on my explanation, but it works.

Be sure not to do this as often: Having all 5 peasants building the new expo at the same time - You want to have 1 or 2 Peasants building towers nearby the hall to defend it, then have them go back and help build the hall. Expoing drains your gold by a lot, so be sure to defend your expo well.

This will give you a good advantage. If you are able, at least 4 footies and 5 militia, hit the red under the green you just creeped.
    Always build an Arcane Tower. I'm guessing everyone here is a hacker, and you'd hate to see it if someone harassed your base and killed a bunch of peasants because you were off creeping some orange and leveling up. Tech before night, then when you hit Tier 2, build an Mountain King (Versus NE, UD, Orc) or get Panda (Versus Human) and quick build (2 on each) Arcane Sanctums to get 2 priests/Breakers/Sorcs. Always get Sorcs, they are the most annoying unit someone can make. Slow is a bitch. If you are expoing, be sure to tech 1/4th of the way through night, you don't want to be behind from the other player that much.

When expoing, have at least one arcane tower to start and an Arcane vault to buy heals for your footmen.

Versus Night Elf: You want to get sorcs/rifles, then Morts. It's a lethal combination. Remember that your sorcs w/archmage's brilliance aura outmanas the enemy dryads. Breakers are necessary when dealing with bears. If you have expo, I suggest getting Gryphons and all 3 heroes. (Archmage, MK, Paladin) Theres a simple strategy. Just tower up and go invisible morts with sorcs. This is annoying. Use the invisible Sorcs to kill main, and when he Tp's, get out. At least 6 Morts will get the job done relatively fast.

Versus Undead: The hardest challenge because most UD players who Fiend tend to have good micro and a good sense of style and tech. When expoing, don't let them find your expo, fiends and skeletons are a lethal combination to your units. So more towers is fine. Also, you want to get to Tier 3 ASAP for Knights to compete versus the Fiends the UD player has.

Versus Human: Mirror match is more fun, it allows you to mass spellbreakers, which look awesome and kick caster ass. Get Panda to Breath of fire the enemy footmen, and as third hero, get Mountain King, stormbolt is always good. Against an expoing human, hit his main base when he is expoing and tech, giving you time to get Tier 2 and annoy your opponent.

Versus Orc: Orc is simple, mass sorc. To avoid getting owned by demolishers, mass Summons with Beastmaster/Archmage. Beastmaster get quilbeast to range the demolishers and Archmage water elemental. You can always tower up and use AoE to annoy them and tech casters. Orc can get annoying if they use Spirit Walkers, so be sure to use spellbreakers and focus fire the walkers to stop their dispel from hitting the slow you have casted.

Remember, if you have expo, don't be afraid to use all your gold on upgrades. Watch your upkeep. 50/50 is good, but for a few minutes, don't let it go over or you'll only be getting 7 gold per Peasant mining gold.
    IV. Undead
    ALWAYS GET SHOP. SHOP = Rod of Necromancy. SHOP = Statues for heal. SHOPS = Destroyer upgrade (which is the only quick anti magic on Undead).
    Undead is the only race that can stand up to a good human on a large map. Only issue for UD is mirror matches, they are a bit harder to decide what to do. ex. Lich and ghouls? ex. DK and fiends? ex. CL and fiends? ex. DL and ghouls? Don't let this bring you down, I can give you some choices. ALWAYS get altar before zig, quicker Altar = quicker hero, even if zig finishes a bit late.
    Undead has the most powerful used Tier 1 unit. The only reason I consider them stronger then grunts is because they are ranged and ALWAYS win if the user has a good micro. If you have ever wondered why you have to wait for gold after building a graveyard/crypt to start off and prep for fiends, its because your starting with 2 acos building on your necropolis. Start with one. This allows you to make both the graveyard and crypt at the start of the game with no delay.

Expoing for Undead: The only reason you'd want to expo is if you get a good chance to distract your opponent / your opponent has already expo'd and you need to catch up. On echo isle, versus human you can hit the green under your base, then the orange, then send and aco to the orange (gold mine) and start making an expo and hit the humans expo (hopefully you were fast enough and it's still building) Kill the weak units and hopefully get level 3 while your at it. Provide a good micro and focus fire peasants and footmen and ignore the elementals. If the Archmage gets weak, Coil it with level 2 coil for a good finisher.

Versus Human: Get fiends. Fiends own footmen with skeletal support. Beware of Mountain King as first hero, most people don't get it, but storm bolt is lethal as water elemental is annoying. Watch your fiends. If they get weak due to Human focus fire, back them off and keep shooting. On maps like Twisted Meadows, they are sure to hit the big orange ones by the Goblin factories first, so ambush them. Humans tend to get casters, so have a really quick tech to destroyers. Level 3 DK is the first thing you want to get. Don't creep the really big ones if you aren't sure you can survive it or not. Focus fire the creeps for quicker creeping.

Versus Undead: Get stuff? Undead is hard to counter when you have no clue what your opponent is getting (unless your hacking.) Basically, if they are going Dreadlord, get Lich, it bombs then off with ghouls and a good amount of gargoyles. Rush before the user can get Wyrms. Versus DK and fiends: Get CL and fiends, the beatles are a good melee support army against the DK. CL has better creeping cababilities due to the beatles, still remember to get skeletons early on for more creeping tanks. Versus Lich and ghouls: get Lich and ghouls, out mass out nuke for the win. Expo fast versus another UD and tower up the expo with the sacrificial skull for quick zigs at your expo.

Versus Night Elf: On a map like echo isle, simply go DK and mass ghouls and hit with a good micro. Bring Rod and Dust of Appearance for full effect. Most of the time this kills the opponent. If not, keep rushing to keep him down and secretly tech up your base to tier 3 aboms. On a large map, get fiends, because of your DK and skeleton, the manage to kill archers pretty well. Also, to kill Dark Ranger, just get Orb of corruption on a lich as fast as possible for the -5 armor effect, which is the most powerful orb in the game.

Versus Orc: Always get fiends versus orc with a quick tech. Orc tends to get Far Seer so you want to get your nukers out as soon as possible. Orc techs fast but normally doesn't go to tier 3 so the only thing you'll have to worry about is surprise Wind riders if you don't have web. Watch out for batriders, they are a good way for orc to counter Undead. So have fiends/webs support when using destroyers and wyrms. Keep your hero alive at all times. If you can't beat an army with a raider in it, GET OUT. Raider's ensnare will kill your units one by one, it's dangerous when you have a small army and can't compete with the opposing orc.
    Undead is a very powerful race in solo because of it's fiends. Don't expect someone to be a noob when they are getting fiends in solo, they will most likely own you in a battle. Counter the fiends well, and for counters, see the other sections of the guide.
    V. Night Elf
    Night Elf is composed of some of the most quick units in the game. Spread your base out, and if you are up against orc/human, be sure to block your wisps with the altar/well so only your wisps can get through, no enemy units can get through to damage the wisps. Night Elf has fast expo capabilities because they tend to be able to just click and make a new tree of life and never notice it when it finishes.
    You should make an Ancient of War to creep big ones early on as a tank, be sure to eat tree so it doesn't die. Make sure you don't forget to get a Hunter's hall during tech because after finishing the tech, if you don't have a hall, theres no lores, and if theres no lores, you can't get dryads/upgrade for bears. If you are going Druid of the Talons though, you should have a better composed base for defense because those units require a bigger micro then bears/dryads.

Versus Human: Now, Night Elf is very weak against Human. Human can go around the map expoing everything and Night Elf will be sitting doing nothing as his opponent has mass towers and tanks. If you notice that they are going to tower, start massing asap and hit asap. Get bears, they own the human units because of the huge size, and many dryads to dispel slow when you need to. Don't let your Demon Hunter die, it is everything you need to win. Beware: just because you have a level 6 Metamorphosis, doesn't mean Human can't level 3 Stormbolt and mass your demon hunter.

Versus Night Elf: Mirrors are the best, get Priestess of the Moon and mass hunts. Upgrade your hunts and get glaives, and hit. If your opponent gets archers their dead. If your opponent does damage to your hero and you hide, their dead. If you overwhelm them early, their dead. During the hunt transition period, be sure to rush with your Priestess to distract him/her from your base so you can get your hunts. They shouldn't be able to get to Tier 2. If they do get to tier 2, get more glaives versus the dryads. If you are creeping, creep the gold mine and expo and tech and prepare to get bears. You should not have to tech if you manage to kill your opponent fast enough.

Versus Orc: Get Druid of the Talons. They work great, Cyclone all your opponents units and go Demon Hunter/Beastmaster and use summons to kill your opponents units. Be sure to expo and if it gets rough, always go bears. Watch out for the tauren Chieftain's Stun and Shockwave, at level 3 it can do some rough damage to your Druids. Harass while they are creeping, and get archers versus windies, piercing kicks Light armor ass.

Versus Undead: its always hard most of ud players make ghouls and rush elfs town kill wisps moon wells , for this case its about ur choice (1st beast master,2nd panda) others pick (demon hunter 2nd panda and sometimes pit lord) whatever u picked the difference between wining or losing in ur micro get get ur heroes surround make moon well near aow shop etc in a way they don't get focused and u can make 1 tower 1st to prevent ud tower rush from progressing into ur base if he did it and 2nd to cover from upcoming gargs the main idea survive the rush and with it u'll get extra lvl for ur heroes and the rest it shouldn't be a problem, if the game goes for long its ends in elfs favor , so gl and improve ur micro

Remember, Ancients can attack and can be used as offense, they can be built in an opponents base while you are on the attack and do massive damage to enemy units. They are also just as good as any tower you are up against so be sure to use them. 9+ Wisps on Trees for quicker Lumber so you don't have to delay your bears when you hit Tier 3.
    VI. Orc
    Orc, the most powerful race in the game! Arggh, not really. Orc is definetly the most annoying race, especially if your hacking. Blademaster jumps behind the unwary unit and death! If you use orc, Thumbs down all big maps, orc is a rush race and you don't want to be versus a massive army like tier 3 humans. Orc always only techs to tier 2, because of an expected victory. ONLY tech to tier 3 if you manage to get an expo.

Blademaster/Shadow Hunter is the best combination in the game. (it would be Kotg Blademaster, but Kotg is Night Elf. Shadow Hunter's Hex is also the most dangerous spell. At level 3, 45 second hex just disable a unit for the rest of the battle. With a mana Potion, your opponents whole army is down before you know it and you win.

Versus Undead: On a small map, I suggest you get Blademaster to Creep jack. On a larger map(consider Turtle Rock), go Far Seer because wolves kill fiends fast and are able to annoy and harass while your opponent tries to get level 3 and you are able to stop them. Go Tauren Chieftain as your second hero with Aura to support your army as a tank. Basically, always get Grunts, Raiders, and windies for surprise early on, then move to only Raiders and Kodos. Raiders net down and kodos eat. Don't let Undead get to tier 3, Orb of Corruption is the end. Focus fire the main of the Undead if you know you can kill it and get out fast enough.

Versus Human: Most annoying when it comes down to a big map. Human WILL expo, WILL get big units to get you. Get an expo to compete ASAP and annoy your opponent with your quicker tech as orc with 2 heroes. If they don't get towers in their main, mass raiders and attack his or her main and destroy the main base. The expo will usually have more towers because they need it as a most likely ground to be attacked. Casters are annoying, counter with Spirit Walkers Dispel and since they can attack, aim for the footies. Never get bloodlust unless you guarantee the human player doesn't have an Arcane Sanctum to counter with Spellbreakers.

Versus Night Elf: One of my favorite matchups, especially when I figured out: "If an UD player can win with mass ghouls, why not use bigger and stronger grunts?" So I got mass grunts and rushed on their wisps, early leavers are gone. Once you hit tier 2, mass net their units so they can't get away. Sometimes Demon hunter forgets to buy a TP = Dead with hex and net. Blademaster is always the choice versus a Night Elf because the other heroes don't cut it versus mana burn. I experimented on countering the Druids with Mirror image and it works. Mirror Image/Critical Strike isn't so bad, but you have to watch out for the possible Chims the Night Elf player will most likely use.

Versus Orc: FAST Altar to start, earlier then opponent and burrow. Faster Tech wins. Hit when you are about to finish tech and attack the in-building opponent Beastiaries. Build your own WITH a Spirit Lodge for walkers. Walkers Link owns all the time. Another quick win is get Far Seer, Creep to level 3 and hit Tier 2, make kodo beasts and bring peasants for tower and get firelord as a second hero for mass summons and lay siege on your opponents base. Sometimes it backfires if your micro isn't good enough though. Watch out for the enemy Blademaster. If your using a Blademaster on Blademaster though, the spirit link will provide massive tank units versus your opponent. Hex when they are weak and keep the opposing blademaster down with Ensnare so he can't attack and annoy you.
    Last edited by Arbalest; 26th October 2009 at 02:12 PM.

Versus Undead: Harass Harass Harass, before they are able to creep with DK. If you see Ghouls coming at you, get 2 Ancient of Wars for defense, they also work great against towers. Some people go Dark Ranger Archers, but I don't think it works, so go Demon Hunter and use Mana burn on the Death Knight. Get bears during your harassing time and go back to creep after you have bears, (creep the big ones). I mostly get Pitlord as my second hero because of rain of fire versus fiends, but in conditions versus ghouls get Breath of Fire for the Panda Brewmaster to kill ghouls mass.
    I like this. Nice.

Quote Originally Posted by TBK.Goldy View Post
    I like this. Nice.
    xD ROFl 2 paragraphs got mixed i'll fix it
    glad to see u're reading what i'm writing
    Last edited by Arbalest; 25th October 2009 at 04:01 PM.

lol most of those guides must be removed to humor section especialy night elf guides

must be? why? you know better strategies? share with us?

Nah i'm too lazy beside i'm nab i could make just few points for FFA
    hero choise..demon suck in ffa except in small maps best 1 hero choise are DR or warden 2 hero...personaly i always pick panda cause of mass damage 3 hero ..well depends of map other races ans what strat you wanna to play best choises are potm ..great scout extra damage for chims if you pick her cause of starfall...delete w3 almost most cases it's interupted or just focused by other player and dead..kotg good focus and lvl 6 is great,goblin alchemist extra amount of cash after lvl 5 Chemical rage,
    Acid bomb usesfull too.pit works Howl of teror is so anoying
    units ...well probably you have only 1 choise chims and hippo +always 1 bear for roar.
    and what i found funny>? it's long..elf is probably 2 or 3 strongest race ..no mixing bears and chims simply cause chims kill your own units ''bears''
    vs orc if you don't have DR to silence the bats you are gone most of the time or try to kill them-sacriface them for the hippos
    Vs und you win most of the time only problem is dread lord cause of the aura and mass scrolls so your hippos are dead so be ready to have 18 -24 hippos
    vs hum the only problem is if he is hoarded and he have great gold advantage
    beware of tanks dig yourself good 4-5 awos and and few towers right and don't forget nature's blessing upgrade
    vs elf lol microing 12- 24 hippos i really wanna see that..
    tips : never rush .bears suck in ffa-always make 1 for roar,make 1-2 drayasd almost most of the games they are usless i mean making more than 1-2 drayds exept in case when only 1 elf is left,if someone rush you be sure he is noob and he'll lose probably , buy a lot of scrolls,scout is 1 of most important thing in FFA.never mix bears and chims.
    GL

Warcraft 3 tft items guide :
    Part I :

Scrolls : Scrolls are essentially consumable items that can be used to heal, teleport, etc.

Scroll of Town Portal:

This is used to teleport to a selected town hall/main of your choice. It can be double clicked for quick teleportation to a hall, or you can click on it, then click on the position near the hall you want to teleport to. This will prevent your units from getting trapped if your building placement is blocked in or otherwise.

Speed Scroll:

This item increases all units in an area to the maximum movespeed available in ladder, can be purchased from the Voodoo lounge for 50 gold. It's effective in engaging/escaping enemies when you are slowed or otherwise.

Scroll of Healing:

This item restores 150 hp to nearby units when consumed. It consume 250 gold, but is an effective item most effective view : using in as an elf talons user vs tc wave.

Scroll of Regeneration: [img]http://img228.imageshack.us/i/scrollofregenerationgre.gif[img]
    This item restores 225 hp over 45sec and can be purchased from the Human Arcane Vault. It can also be used effectively in combat to restore units that are damaged, but aren't being hit. (getting hit cancels the salve effect)

Scroll of Protection:

The Scroll of Protection is effective in giving your army extra armor for a short duration of time(+ 2 armor last 30 sec, to all nearby units and allies if there is any). It can be easily disenchanted by wisp detonation or AoE disenchant though. Its an affordable 150 gold item from goblin merchants.
    Scroll of Mana:

The scroll of mana is a rare item to encounter in ladder, it gives your units 100 mana when used.

Scroll of animate the dead:

This is basically the Death Knight's ultimate that can only be used once. It is effective for a short period of time, but the Scroll of Ressurection is still more effective, considering it completely raises units.

Scroll of Restoration:

This item restores 300 hp and 150 mana to non mech units in a nearby area. This item very powerful, its a "greater heal scroll", as someone might call it. Very effective your army is large.
    Scroll of resurrection:

This item ressurects six dead units from a corpse in a nearby vicinity. This is essentially the Paladin's ultimate that can only be used once.
    Scroll of the beast:

his item gives your nearby units 25% bonus damage for a short duration. If you have bears, this should be sold for the 200 gold. Bear roar is much more effective and 200 gold is certainly more then the 100 mana the bear uses.

thats it next time coming up Part II: Tomes.
    Last edited by Arbalest; 30th November 2009 at 04:55 PM.

wc3 items : Part II

Tomes:
    Tombs are dropped items that can be picked off to gain extra stats/exp.
    Tomb of Agility:

Raises agility by one when picked up. (thats it.) There is also a Tome of Agility +2, which obviously increases your agility by two. (duh)

Tome of Intelligence:

This picked up item gives you permanent +1 int bonus, their is also a +2 version of this item that gives your a +2 int bonus.

Tome of Strength:

1 Strength, +2 if its a Tome of Strength +2.

Tome of Knowledge:

Increases all your heroes stats by one when consumed, thats pretty much it.

Tomb of Experience:

Also known as the tome of "gg" because of its effect to gain experience really fast. This item is a MUST pick up. Getting a tome of experience jacked will hurt you, alot.

Tome of Retraining:

Allows your hero to retrain your skill points to different skills.

Coming up part III : consumable items which contain 60% of wc3 items.

nice

Comment

Nice introduction to all who are not so conversant to 1v1 games, and for those skilled who forgot some of what u said, sounds fine.

nice ty

Versus Human: Now, Night Elf is very weak against Human.
    This is funny xaxaxaxa

its not, he said the truth, even in 1.24 rifle + priests + naga push was rly strong, now rifle has 30 more hp, and archers/drys have more problems with them now, and u must play without mistakes and do somehow fast bears + dh lvl before the push, not to mention tower rush alongside that ;D

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6