Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: The Ultimate Micro & Macro Guide

PhoenixEuyun
    Agree ^^
    unarmored vs siege? O.o

W3TFTD1E
    To kill all workers, wisps peasants peons and acolytes, you use normal attack cuz they have medium armor. Elf Hunters do a good job
    Movement speed also! You know what happens with mass Drayads??

very nice advice but i play hard fight every battle like its my last and i dont play the run around ting but i do run. i cant find the replay anywhere again it was on replay section but u guys shud look at it was spirit_moon vs for_death hardcore match running around, tp abuse, terrain use, item sell man every fucken ting u spoke of above watch it. if a pole vote was ever open for best replay ever that replay would win!! its got my vote.
    EDIT:Replay removed!U got replay section for replays!By --pRiMe--
    Last edited by pRiMe; 15th October 2007 at 09:20 PM.
    全てをファックよ。

1. Shades can't block (100% tested for fun, not now, ages ago)
    2. About losing units... I also played LvL 40+ guys and not losing one unit... I lost all of them. ^^
    3. About armor class... very important to know what works on what.. It takes ages to kill a tank with normal attack but raider can kick his ass in seconds. (Siege) ^^

TnGhost
    i got somthing to add too these 2 pdf can help in understanding w3 sadly 1 of them is in frensh i could make english i hope that some speak frnsh or u can always translate it xD anyway enjoy reading

Good job ghost but i think 50% xpam players don't understand french
    Last edited by pRiMe; 5th November 2009 at 10:35 PM.

By the way them playboy rings
    my mother stole from you
    well Nate finally got em back sh-t
    it must have been at least 16 years ago
    well I put em in your cask ahhh
    moving past it, it still aint registered yet
    but you can bet you’re legacy they’ll never forget
    the motor city mo-town
    hip hop vet, hip hop shop, dreads
    it don’t stop there
    yeah, as difficult as it sounds
    RIP Big Proof

TnGhost
    thx dude hope u understand some frensh caus its of a great help

There are some sites that can translate things for you.Google them.Cheers.

"Liked by <insert unimportant value>,hated by <less important value>,respected by <everyone>"
    Smurf ®™

DeadManWalking
    LoL google translators dont work right...check smurfs sig atm -.-
    DeadManWalking says : I think Keka is tîmpit. A face tu? I folos traducător pentru this thing.Don't a traduce pe el this bine?-By a translator i googled -.-
    Sux -.-

Beyond the great forest of Kobior in the center of Tychy
    hey is there english version of this (french language)tutorial coz it looks like very advance stuff and probably I'm not only one who wuld like to read and learn all of this ?

I LOOK FORWARD TO KILLING YOU SOON !

slackogamer
    Can you tell us more on how to pull of a "Goblin Zeppelin Harassment" ?? Any replays to go with ?

Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by slackogamer View Post
    Can you tell us more on how to pull of a "Goblin Zeppelin Harassment" ?? Any replays to go with ?

Cheers
    Well, these videos do not show a goblin harass, but you can learn how to avoid getting your units killed by getting them aboard your zeppelin.

[url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?gl=DE&hl=de&v=Ds-n3JRgebY[/url]

[url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x0BpPnxh5qU&feature=related[/url]

[url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yuugycc71Pw[/url]

As for the last video, you must have insane skill to manage it. So don't try it at home Good day, my friend.

People live their lives bound by what they accept correct and true. That's how they define reality.
    But what does it mean to be "correct" or "true" ? Merely vague concepts .. reality may all be a mirage.

ahhahahha n1 way to revive thread ?D with 1 yr late response =)

Blog Entries
    awesome guide i guess high five for guy who wrote it

General tips:

At the start of each game it's very good to know what you are going to do. If you want to rush, you have to prepare for it and build the buildings you need first. Maybe you decide to expand, do so quickly, and remember that your opponents can catch you when you least expect it, before you have the chance of building up troops. Also, let your ally/allies know what your up to (if you have any).

Let summons take the beating when you enter any combat with creeps. If you summon up a Wolf, Treant or a Water Elemental and then let your summon enter the combat first, the summon will take all the damage, and you won't hurt your own troops. If you do this you will save a lot of money, when you don't have to spend it on new troops.

The Hit-and-Run tactic can be a very effective part to win. It works by running in with a small force (maybe just the heroes), then attacking the opponents base. Before or when the enemy arrives, you get the hell outta there. The point of this tactic is to disrupt the enemy by forcing them to run back, or use a scroll of Town portal (which costs 350 gold). This can be very annoying and disrupting to the enemies. You can also get a small gruop of units, which are great at destroying buildings (seige damage) and run in with.

Think about what you upgrade, first off, what units are currently training? Secondly, which units do you want to use? Don't bother upgrading unit armor and weapons which you're not going to use. If you don't spend the money on unecessary things, you can spend them on better stuff, like frisbees.

Creeping is a very important part in WarCraft III, unless you're rushing or have another plan to win. Each level may make quite a difference when facing other heroes. Often it's also good with multiple heroes instead of one really strong. Since the Heroes need less experience at low levels, you will have aquired more levels with 2 Heroes, than with only 1, and will therefore have more abilities.

Control group important buildings (#+ctrl) such as your unit producing building, so you can train new units while you're out creeping, or quickly go back to the base. Then, you don't need to scroll the screen up to the base. It's also often a good idea to set a rally point to your Hero, then your units will walk directly to the place where they probably are needed.

Chase down opponents if they're retreating, don't let them go easily, even if you may think of healing and rebuilding your troops. Use Hero and unit abilities to stun or slow the running units and then take them down. Some skills that work well for this is: Esnare (Wolf Rider), Storm Bolt (Mountain King), Ethereal Form (Blood Mage), check out more abilities that slow down enemy units. But remember; if you play teamplay, there may be other players who comes to aid and surround you, then the hunter, becomes the hunted.

Sometimes it's not good to mass a specific type of unit. Variation to your army can be very effective, especially when you have abilities that are used automaticly (since it can be hard to use all abilities in the heat of battle). Most spellcasters do only use 2 food, having 2 spellcasters will then take only 4 in food cap (im teh math genious). Lets say you have 2 Shamans, with full mana(400), they can cast berserk 10 times each(bererk cost 40 mana), giving 20 of your units berserk (further proof that i'm teh math genious). When 20 of your units has been improved with 40 % attack speed and 20 % movement speed, your armys strenght will increase greatly. But there's other spellcasters with great abilities, theres many good combinations to use with your own force...

Buying the orb at the player built shop is something i almost always do. Each race has it's own special orb. Each orb can be bought when the third tier at the town hall is built. Human race can purchase Orb of Fire. The Orcs can obtain the Orb of Lightning. The Undead shop sells the cursed Orb of Corruption. And, finally, the Night Elves can posess the Orb of Venom. Here's more detailed Information about the Mysterious Orbs.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast