Thread: NEED Eurobattle.net Support for OSX Installer (New Warcraft 3 for Mac OSX)

NEED Eurobattle.net Support for OSX Installer (New Warcraft 3 for Mac OSX)

**I am creating this thread for all future readers to use this as reference for instigation.**

I have been an avid user of Eurobattle.net since 2009, and I really enjoy this server's community, compared to the general Battle.net server. For Dota, comparing lagabuse.com to ENTgaming.net, I can already see that lagabuse.com is far more advanced and has a better community than its competitor.

The problem that I see with Eurobattle.net is that it does not support capabilities for Mac. There is the traditional route of running bootcamp or OSX parallels to run Windows and install the Eurobattle.net client.

With the release of the warcraft 3 for the OSX platform in 2016, Blizzard has brought back old users and also gained a lot of new users, who are stuck playing on the general Battle.net server, because they have either never heard of Eurobattle.net or do not want to go through the hassle of installing bootcamp or OSX parallels.

The purpose of this post is to request the developers of eurobattle.net to create a ".dmg" Eurobattle.net installer, so that these Mac users can also join in on this awesome community. I think that this development will be a good investment for the future, as Blizzard intends on creating a remastered Warcraft 3 version, which will hopefully bring in a LOT more new players.

Eurobattle.net is missing out on a sizeable demographic. And with the way that ENT is running their bots, these new people will soon grow tired and ditch warcraft 3 for good.

Thank you...

Blog Entries
    Just use wine.

Undefeated Mad Balls Arena champion

The problem with wine is that you cannot install the launcher along with the patches itself via wine. Directories on Windows and OSX are not the same.

If Blizzard released an OSX client for Warcraft 3, why not expand the Eurobattle.net installer to OSX as well is my question.

New User
    Installing both Warcraft III and the Eurobattle Launcher via wine as noted by Cen is possible.

A good guide for installing the Windows version of Warcraft III on a Mac can be found at the following link:
    [url]https://www.hiveworkshop.com/threads/warcraft-iii-on-wineskin-mac.257050/[/url]

That can be used for both the installation of Warcraft III, and the Eurobattle launcher.

All files created by wineskin (wrappers) are stored in the following location
    /Users/YourUserName/Applications/Wineskin

The directories are setup within the wrappers themselves, and can be accessed by right clicking the wrapper and clicking "Show Package Contents", and from there it's located under Resources/drive_c, and the usual suspects for folder locations.

You'll need only one wrapper, and recommend making it for the EuroBattle Launcher.

When installing Warcraft III, you need only to download the 1.28.5 installation provided by EuroBattle, and drop it in the appropriate location in the wrapper.

When you're working on installing the EuroBattle Launcher (use link above for a guide), when prompted, you need to navigate into the package contents of the wrapper, and select the Warcraft III folder. It will then detect the version installed, and install from there.
    • You may require targeting the xpam.exe by navigating to the wrapper, right clicking to "Show Package Contents" and launching the Wineskin app in the root folder. From there, select the xpam.exe.

After, it should all work as intended by opening the wrapper located under
    /Users/YourUserName/Applications/Wineskin

You can also place it on your hotbar if necessary.

Blog Entries
    I use Linux on my second laptop and have absolutely no problems running our client and wine W3. I can't imagine it is any harder on Mac OS.

The reason we don't port to mac os is:
    -too much work (port client, gproxy, w3l)
    -not enough people

It's a waste of my time to be honest. it might actually be impossible due to in-memory dll patching by w3l.. way out of my knowldege scope

Undefeated Mad Balls Arena champion