Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: State of the union - 2018

1.30 is out.

This is what awesome looks like Silver.'s Avatar
    Awards
    Quote Originally Posted by camban View Post
    1.30 is out.
    Shock horror.

If you mean the patch, yes it's absolutely a fail, idk why blizzard rolls out such garbage.

Quote Originally Posted by camban View Post
    If you mean the patch, yes it's absolutely a fail, idk why blizzard rolls out such garbage.
    your mean wc3 is garbage ??
    if your mean this better dont play wc3 anymore and play other games.
    you know why blizzard create new patchs for wc3 ? because wc3 is Popular and still have many player playing this game in the every day...
    wc3 one of best Strategic games for ever !!
    Last edited by mehrdad2015; 15th August 2018 at 03:41 PM.

Alone_MonaX
    Quote Originally Posted by mehrdad2015 View Post
    your mean wc3 is garbage ??
    if your mean this better dont play wc3 anymore and play other games.
    you know why blizzard create new patchs for wc3 ? because wc3 is Popular and still have many player playing this game in the every day...
    wc3 one of best Strategic games for ever !!
    They are making the game more pay-to-play'like, like a paid service. Like most companies do. There is almost nothing about players loyality.
    Have fun playing paid maps soon :-)
    Last edited by Alone_MonaX; 15th August 2018 at 05:06 PM.

what I said and what you understood. It is garbage because of the many bugs they did not care to think about, to few people play pg, most of us play dota legion and other maps, the lighting is terrible and many others. that's why it's garbage, go make warcraft 4 not stupid updates for a 100 year old game that noone plays. And I do play, I play only on ent. So stop being a kid. The point is I wanna play here because I have been here since 2006 . That's what I mean loyality.
    Last edited by camban; 15th August 2018 at 06:40 PM.

Honored Member
    It is true that they broke many maps but mostly those which used hacky optimization, same as 1.28 broke all memhack maps. They simply can't consider all of the 10000 maps which were made by people who were sure warcraft 3 will never get any more updates. Such maps can still be played here though

Safelist Member
    10k, pretty sure there are more than that cause at one point I had 6k maps in my war3 folder, that was 25gb something

long time ago (7 month) but still 1.29 patch not release??
    when comming ??

This is what awesome looks like Silver.'s Avatar
    Awards
    Quote Originally Posted by mehrdad2015 View Post
    long time ago (7 month) but still 1.29 patch not release??
    when comming ??
    Priority was cross-patch, so people are able now to play custom maps & Dota 6.88.

As for 1.29, the project is fresh, as you are aware blizzard is moving up to a new patch that will render host bots null. Below Cen's statement about 1.29

Quote Originally Posted by Cen
    1.29 support
    Eurobattle.net is a PvPGN server which relies on w3l loader to make some changes to W3 executable and allow the game to connect to our server. Unfortunately there were some major changes in the way W3 executable is built by Blizzard in 1.29 and loader needs quite a bit more work than usual. Project is hosted on GitHub.

Unfortunately the main developer did not yet commit to update the loader and we can't update the server to 1.29 before loader is ready. If nobody ports the loader we will have to do it ourself and since it's not the nicest piece of code we don't know how much time that would take us.

1.29 support is therefore on hold until we find the time to start porting the loader and is second in priority to 6.88 support. However, if loader gets ported by someone we will update the server ASAP.

Blog Entries
    Since new w3 patches will probably break hostbot compatibility we are quite less enthusiastic about supporting 1.29 but I think it might still be worth doing to support big game lobbies (pretty much the only good thing 1.29 has vs 1.28). We will try to add the support but right now it's not a priority anymore.
    Last edited by Cen; 10th October 2018 at 11:59 PM.

Undefeated Mad Balls Arena champion

Quote Originally Posted by Cen View Post
    Since new w3 patches will probably break hostbot compatibility we are quite less enthusiastic about supporting 1.29 but I think it might still be worth doing to support big game lobbies (pretty much the only good thing 1.29 has vs 1.28). We will try to add the support but right now it's not a priority anymore.
    if they break support for bots then the 1.26 patch must be the main xpam patch.

a question you already start work on loader for patch 1.29 or waiting for main developer to update the loader ??

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2