Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: 1.28.2 public BETA testing

Blog Entries

1.28.2 public BETA testing

Hello

Please read these instructions carefully.

The following steps will get you to W3 1.28.2+eurobattle+ability to connect to a BETA PvPGN server (beta server is completely empty, is missing user accounts and is seperate from main server). Create a server account on battle.net login screen. You will then be asked to activate your account. Post your account in this thread and we will activate it manually. After activation you will also receive access to a bot that resides on bots channel and has all the needed maps to test.

There are also some pre-made accounts already on server which you can use: bot1, bot2, bot3, bot4 (pass: 123456)

1. Backup your current Warcraft 3 folder. Copy it somewhere safe.

2.0 If you have official W3 copy, update to 1.28.2 by joining battle.net

2.1 If you do not have an official W3, get WVS from the torrent attached to this post. Version switching takes around 20seconds on an SSD, make sure the progress bar finishes after double click. WVS is huge because 1.28.2 replaced whole game archives for unknown reason.

3.0 Run installer v8: [url]https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B0glACajmi8tT1pOdjYyNEx3NGc[/url]

There are 2 different scenarios we need to test so if you do one or some of these combinations, please let us known in the post below:

Patched via official Patched via WVS
    Used installer Worked/Didn't work Worked/Didn't work

Post results in the table shown above.

One extra info on 1.28.2: now your Maps, Replays and other writable content are placed in your Documents/Warcraft III folder. Our client will automatically ask you if you want to move your folders from W3 folder to Documents/Warcraft III folder if you patched using WVS. To easily switch between 1.27 and 1.28 you can copy all maps back to W3 and have them in both places.

Also, please seed the WVS torrent for some time so other testers can download faster.

The more testers the sooner the better.. so we can update main server as soon as possible.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Cen; 20th May 2017 at 10:25 PM.

Undefeated Mad Balls Arena champion

Patched via VWS/Used installer: Worked.
    Although i had problems with client or client update for first time, the total delete of client helped only. Then this installer v8 worked finally.
    Bot3 is online in beta server now
    Im trying to use entgaming thru entconnect now, so i can see how 1.28.1 works.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Naftalin View Post
    Patched via VWS/Used installer: Worked.
    Although i had problems with client or client update for first time, the total delete of client helped only. Then this installer v8 worked finally.
    Bot3 is online in beta server now
    Im trying to use entgaming thru entconnect now, so i can see how 1.28.1 works.
    Can you tell in more detail what problems you encountered with client update?

edit: we experienced w3 crash on dota game startup so if possible, try joining a game with someone else
    Last edited by Cen; 2nd May 2017 at 12:49 PM.

Mainly my own stupidity: earlier problems with wrong directories of client plus anti-virus blocking system...
    The startup crash occurs anytime before when 1.27 player connects to 1.28 lobby. I cant tell you more now, cuz i cant connect to entgaming lobbies with this 1.28.1
    Quote Originally Posted by Cen View Post
    Can you tell in more detail what problems you encountered with client update?

edit: we experienced w3 crash on dota game startup so if possible, try joining a game with someone else

Quote Originally Posted by The_Naftalin View Post
    Mainly my own stupidity: earlier problems with wrong directories of client plus anti-virus blocking system...
    The startup crash occurs anytime before when 1.27 player connects to 1.28 lobby. I cant tell you more now, cuz i cant connect to entgaming lobbies with this 1.28.1
    maybe becuase still entgamings bots not add to eurobattle yet its take some time for sure...

Blog Entries
    Yeah forget about entgaming and beta server, there are no external bots on beta server unless someone will specificaly add them there. This server is just for testing. There is one bot on channel bots and that should be enough to play a few games.

so you said mr. cen we dont install this wc3 beta patch and waiting for final ver him??
    my mean this file torrent size 1.73GB...

Hi Cen, can you please activate user "VFG-HostbotTEST"? We will add the connection to our bots for testing with joining games. I've also successfully patched EuroBattle to 1.28.1 using the official Warcraft III with the installer_v8 provided from the google drive. I am able to connect fine to the server using 1.28.1. My cd keys also weren't altered and have been left unchanged.

Regards.
    Last edited by pingaring; 2nd May 2017 at 03:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cen View Post
    Yeah forget about entgaming and beta server, there are no external bots on beta server unless someone will specificaly add them there. This server is just for testing. There is one bot on channel bots and that should be enough to play a few games.
    mr.cen please add ent games too please...
    i want really playing at ent games with eurobattle 1.28.1...

Quote Originally Posted by mehrdad2015 View Post
    mr.cen please add ent games too please...
    i want really playing at ent games with eurobattle 1.28.1...
    EuroBattle 1.28.1 is currently setup on a test server used for testing purposes only. Once all bugs are ironed out the official EuroBattle connection server will be updated.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by pingaring View Post
    Hi Cen, can you please activate user "VFG-HostbotTEST"? We will add the connection to our bots for testing with joining games. I've also successfully patched EuroBattle to 1.28.1 using the official Warcraft III with the installer_v8 provided from the google drive. I am able to connect fine to the server using 1.28.1. My cd keys also weren't altered and have been left unchanged.

Regards.
    Should be activated.

i dl this wc3 too but when try normal run wc3 said need cdkey its a problem!
    only could enter to wc3 with gproxy and cant without gproxy enter its another problem!

Blog Entries
    Yes, only gproxy gateway works for now, it changes server IP to beta server. So that is fine. CD-key issue should disappear after running the installer.

Honored Member
    Please activate kja13

I also patched through official and used the provided v8 installer, seems to be working fine for me

The keys weren't replaced
    Last edited by luke; 3rd May 2017 at 04:21 PM.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by kja12 View Post
    Please activate kja13

I also patched through official and used the provided v8 installer, seems to be working fine for me

The keys weren't replaced
    Done

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast