Thread: Suggestion - A system against leavers

Suggestion - A system against leavers

I don't find a suggestions section so hopefully I may just drop this here.

Although I am new to your server and still figuring how things work, I've experienced many many games with leavers and the system we were running on our South African servers which allowed for better quality games / players worked as follows:

Each game you played, you gained experience and your account levels up. Experience is only added when you were in a game for at least 26 minutes with 5 or more players. Some time after the game has ended you would be notified "You gained 78 experience for game -sd EU" Levels can reach 100 or more and takes longer to level up the higher your level.

So lets say your account is currently level 10, if you host a game -sd EU then it will be hosted as "[10] -sd EU" and only players level 10 or higher will be able to see this game.
    If you want to set a lower access level, so you can get more people to join your game, you would use a command /setal 0 (set access level 0) which means new accounts will be able to see this game.
    You can also see players levels by doing /level player and you can also see how much experience you still need for your next level when using that command on yourself.

Punishing quitters.
    During a game if someone quits, players could vote him to be punished, which will add +1 punishment to his name and removes a certain amount of experience. 6/10 votes are required to get a player punished and can only be used after the game has detected a player leaving the game.
    Also, people who are punished in game can appeal their punishment to be removed and their deducted experience restored (If he supplies proof of a timeout or game crash or w/e). Players can see the amount of punishments someone has received by using /getquits and you can also see the amount of times you've been punished by using /punishments.
    "Punishments for GhostHunteR 3" or "GhostHunteR has been punished 3 times."
    This will be good for hosts as they can easily identify quitters and kick them if their punishments are too high.

If people are going to host through the bot, they would have to do !pub 5 -sd EU, so the bot can host a [5] -sd EU game. If a player just does !pub -sd EU then the game will be hosted at whatever level his account is.

Hope this makes sense and thanks for reading!
    Last edited by GhostHunteR_ZA; 26th April 2017 at 05:44 AM.

Blog Entries
    Players are already banned for leaving on leagues like lagabuse, but in unofficial games anything goes.

Undefeated Mad Balls Arena champion