Thread: random fps drop

Safelist Member

Lightbulb random fps drop

I ve searched up and high, long and wide, and have not found a solution for my problem, so I ve decided to post here, maybe someone has had this problem before, or someone can help me.
    As the title says it, I encounter sudden fps loss. Usually when a hero or more show up on my screen. Doesn t even matter if they cast spells or not. I can be involved in a team fight with invoker and kunkka and enigma and you name it, and have a constant 60 fps, or some Weaver can show up on my screen, and drop to 25-30 fps.
    I have tried messing with the direct x registry, game options, open gl, rollback driver, you name it. Nothing seems to work. And I also play dota2 with an average of 86-90 fps, sometimes more, sometimes less. But never underneath 70 fps.
    I will upload some archived tests I made with OCCT, as someone suggested on a forum, but hasn't replied since, for I am not able to understand the results, or figure out what is the problem.
    Meh, direct attachment doesn t work. Maybe the archive is too big ( 3.9 MB) or the format is not allowed ( 7zip). I ll upload somewher and share the link here.
    [url]https://www.dropbox.com/s/9d0cv0uf4vodqq7/OCCT.7z?dl=0[/url]
    I almost forgot. My pc spec are:
    Attachment 180130
    Edit :
    Also, my colleague has an i3 laptop, I don t know exactly what brand, and uses the onboard vga, and his warcraft runs alot smoother than mine, barely going under ~55 fps at times.
    I have tried to use my onboard vga as well, but to different results, with the latest video driver available ( i run windows 10, and the video driver is still in beta, maybe that s why).

I could provide game screenshots if necessary, but I m pretty sure it won t help.
    If you need more info, let me know. I ll do my best. Cheers and good luck helping me! )
    Last edited by rapboy; 7th March 2017 at 08:58 PM.

Blog Entries
    1. Invalid attachement
    2. What were the "different results"?

Undefeated Mad Balls Arena champion

Safelist Member
    1. Pc specs. If you need something more detailed, let me know.

2. It ran smoothly in menus and battlenet, but in-game the max fps were 57 or so, and oscilating alot, dropping up to 20 fps. So I decided to stick with the nvidia.

And a recent PS :

Had another one, when I was alone in the fountain and had 30fps, but failed to capture it properly. But anyway, you get the point.
    Halp ?! I m looking at you Cen )
    Last edited by rapboy; 10th March 2017 at 01:54 AM.

Safelist Member
    I ve got 99 views ( problems), and no replies;
    Don't care about 98, just 'bout this one!

Blog Entries
    Just for the lolz did you try lowering video settings? And did opengl switch do nothing at all? How about playing in borderless window, tried that?

Safelist Member
    Didn t even notice these features in the client LUL
    I ll try openGL in a few mins, then edit with results. Should I check both openGL and windowed, or try them one at a time?

Edit: it seems that running in OpenGL solves the issues. I m not completely sure. I ve only played 2 short games, and I the first one I forgot to trigger the fps command. But I haven t noticed any stuttering with the naked eye. Might be the beers tho. Will update in the following days.
    Thanks for now.
    Last edited by rapboy; 11th March 2017 at 02:03 AM.

Blog Entries
    One at a time and at the same time. It is hard to play in windowed mode so google for "borderless window" programs that hide the frame.

Safelist Member
    Haven t tried to lower the settings. I would probably just quit if that was the solution.
    None of the options worked. Tried them separately and together.
    Last night was the beer )

Blog Entries
    I am out of ideas. You are a lost cause rapboy.. :/