Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Installer v6 installation instructions (2016)

Blog Entries

Installer v6 installation instructions (2016)

Installation instructions for v6:
    1. Install operating system updates Service Pack 3 for Windows XP or Service Pack 1 for Windows 7 if you don't yet have them. No update needed for Windows 8 and 10. Running installer on non updated XP or 7 can be problematic due to some missing libraries.
    2. Install C++ Redistributable 2015 x86 [url]http://warden.eurobattle.net/downloads/file/20[/url]
    3. Installer [url]http://warden.eurobattle.net/downloads/file/19[/url]

Current known problems:

Error with simple download: Network access is disabled.
    This error is in process of being fixed but it could take a while. We suspect it appears if you run the client after your PC wakes up from sleep. Try to do a reboot to see if that solves the problem. If not, the only option at the moment is to use installer v5 instead.

If you encounter problems which you can't seem to solve, use installer v5. Both installers will be supported until all bugs for v6 are fixed.
    Last edited by Cen; 10th February 2016 at 01:15 AM.

Undefeated Mad Balls Arena champion

I can't install Visual C++ redist. 2015 x86 on my Windows 7 (without SP1).

I have tried placing msvcp140.dll in the same folder as the installer, but it still does not work.

The installer fails to start, reporting that api-ms-win-crt-convert-l1-1-0.dll is missing.

Blog Entries
    Can you try to find api-ms-win-crt-convert-l1-1-0.dll online? I think the "without SP1" is the problem. I think Microsoft prevents installation on unpatched Windows (same story for XP below SP3). I am not entirely sure what would be the best way to solve this issue.

Blog Entries
    The only issue left so far is:
    Error with simple download: Network access is disabled.
    We are investigating what the problem could be.

Short answer:

Install the latest Microsoft .NET Framework 4.6 first, then Microsoft Visual C++ 2015 Redistributable.

Hope this helps (it helped me).

Long answer:

The problem i had was i was receiving the following message when launching several programs:

"The procedure entry point ucrtbase.abort could not be located in the dynamic link library api-ms-win-crt-runtime-l1-1-0.dll."

After a quick search it is easy to find that this error is somehow related to Microsoft Visual C++ 2015 redistributable missing, so i went on to download it. The problem is that it would not install, giving me an error of "setup failed".

This is what i did and managed to install Microsoft Visual C++ 2015 redistributable (x64 - although i dont think it matters anyway):

I am in Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit.

1) I installed Service Pack 1 first (i am really not sure if that helped or not).
    2) I installed the latest Microsoft .NET Framework 4.6
    3) Installation of Microsoft Visual C++ 2015 redistributable worked !

The problems with the "The procedure entry point ucrtbase.abort could not be located in the dynamic link library api-ms-win-crt-runtime-l1-1-0.dll." error dissapeared.

PS: It all started after an installation of the new Microsoft Office 2016 which after a quick search is known to cause issues with Microsoft Visual C++ 2015 redistributable.
    Last edited by Vex; 8th February 2016 at 02:37 PM.
    GLUPI RIKI !

Hidden Text click here to show

Blog Entries
    From what I managed to gather form google it seems that this is a Qt bug in the version I use and it appears when you come out of a sleep on your laptop/desktop. Can you test whether a pc reboot changes anything?

I'll probably need to downgrade to an earlier version of the library or wait for a new release.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Vex View Post
    Short answer:

Install the latest Microsoft .NET Framework 4.6 first, then Microsoft Visual C++ 2015 Redistributable.

Hope this helps (it helped me).

Long answer:

The problem i had was i was receiving the following message when launching several programs:

"The procedure entry point ucrtbase.abort could not be located in the dynamic link library api-ms-win-crt-runtime-l1-1-0.dll."

After a quick search it is easy to find that this error is somehow related to Microsoft Visual C++ 2015 redistributable missing, so i went on to download it. The problem is that it would not install, giving me an error of "setup failed".

This is what i did and managed to install Microsoft Visual C++ 2015 redistributable (x64 - although i dont think it matters anyway):

I am in Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit.

1) I installed Service Pack 1 first (i am really not sure if that helped or not).
    2) I installed the latest Microsoft .NET Framework 4.6
    3) Installation of Microsoft Visual C++ 2015 redistributable worked !

The problems with the "The procedure entry point ucrtbase.abort could not be located in the dynamic link library api-ms-win-crt-runtime-l1-1-0.dll." error dissapeared.

PS: It all started after an installation of the new Microsoft Office 2016 which after a quick search is known to cause issues with Microsoft Visual C++ 2015 redistributable.
    Yes, SP1 on Windows 7 needs to be installed for vs 2015 to work properly.

Quote Originally Posted by Cen View Post
    From what I managed to gather form google it seems that this is a Qt bug in the version I use and it appears when you come out of a sleep on your laptop/desktop. Can you test whether a pc reboot changes anything?
    Not. I was installing this on my desktop PC, on a fresh installed Windows, nothing to do with sleep in my case.
    I also had C++ Redistributable 2015 x86, but even with it installed it didn't allow me to unistall saying that mvs....1000 is missing.
    After i installed C++ red 2010 x86 it did let me, which was also weird that it didnt work with 2015 one. You can look into that c++ versions might be causing the bug :O

btw my windows i win7 64bit
    Last edited by ballin; 17th February 2016 at 05:41 PM.

Try doing the upgrade to pack your windows.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ballin View Post
    Not. I was installing this on my desktop PC, on a fresh installed Windows, nothing to do with sleep in my case.
    I also had C++ Redistributable 2015 x86, but even with it installed it didn't allow me to unistall saying that mvs....1000 is missing.
    After i installed C++ red 2010 x86 it did let me, which was also weird that it didnt work with 2015 one. You can look into that c++ versions might be causing the bug :O

btw my windows i win7 64bit
    Yes, probably because v5 needs 2010 but v6 needs 2015

Blog Entries
    Installer v6 was temporarily removed. It will be re-released when Qt 5.6 is officially out which solves the network bug.

Hi

Can u share with me some links? I mean instalation link, patch and eurobattlenet client. I'm askgin because link in a first post doesnt work. Pleease help, I've gotta a few days of break and I rly want to play

Blog Entries
    [url]http://warden.eurobattle.net/downloads[/url] v5

Thanks
    Do you maybe have game link?

Blog Entries
    no

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast