Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Problems with the ghost++ hosting bot

Question Problems with the ghost++ hosting bot

I have managed to make the bot log into this server and respond to my commands,I also added it to my friend list.There is a problem though,the bot creates the games I tell him to but I cannot join them.When I type the name of the game in the Game Name bar all the options grey out for a while and the game gets listed under the ''Available Games'',after that the name of the game dissapears from the list and it gives me that ''game not found'' error.Also,because the bot is on my friends list the server tells me when it joins or leaves games and it does indeed join the games he creates.Why can't I join the games?
    Also;I don't know if this is related but I am using a wireless network connection.

Blog Entries
    1. Did you port forward?
    2. Try [url]http://wiki.eurobattle.net/index.php?title=Tutorial:Ghost_unjoinable_own_game[/url]

Undefeated Mad Balls Arena champion

I'm going to look at that link you gave but what do you mean by "port forward"?I used 6113 for the hostport.

Blog Entries
    Do this test with no bot [url]http://eurobattle.net/threads/196679-How-to-check-if-your-port-forwarding-worked-or-not[/url] and if it fails it means you have closed ports on your router.

Doing what that guide you gave me in your first reply says causes my internet to stop working.

I went through the guide you provided in your second post but canyouseeme.org gives me a "connection timed out" error and says that they cannot see me.Also after going through that my internet connection still works,when I did the first guide it stopped working.
    Last edited by Cadellidon; 22nd December 2014 at 11:52 PM.

Blog Entries
    Ok so you defenetly need to port forward: [url]http://wiki.eurobattle.net/index.php?title=Tutorial:Portforwarding_Router[/url]
    And disable Loopback for now.

I did that guide and now canyouseeme.org tells me they can see me but I still cannot join games created by my bot,the games appear on the list,other people can join them but when I try to join all the options grey out for about 20 seconds or so,the game appears on the available games list and then I get a ''game not found'' error and it dissapears from the list.

Blog Entries
    Hmm then it's defenetly loopback thing. CHeck this guide in case our wiki is wrong for some reason: [url]http://www.codelain.com/wiki/index.php?title=Frequently_Asked_Questions#Everybo dy_but_me_can_join_my_games.21[/url]

Or google for ghost++ loopback adapter there are some youtube videos

Both the skyshook and loopback adapter links in that guide no longer work,I will try to find either of them on google.

Putting my external IP in the loopback adapter like that guide tells me causes my internet to stop working and I cannot find any working skyshook download links.

Registered User I'm waiting for the email confirmation :(

Unable to join game

I can't join my own game. i created a loopback adapter from cmd as ghost one instructed, and it shows my own ip in ghost GUI...

- solved, checked that guide link and used my external ip in ivp 4 adress + subnet mask 255.255.255.0 , leaving gateway empty. Seems to work fine now.
    Last edited by nebunu; 23rd December 2014 at 09:05 PM. Reason: problem changed

Blog Entries
    Can you tell me if anything is wrong with our guide so I can correct it?

Are you talking to me?Well first up none of the guides solved my problem and most links used there are outdated or no longer work.

Registered User I'm waiting for the email confirmation :(

Quote Originally Posted by Cen View Post
    Can you tell me if anything is wrong with our guide so I can correct it?
    [url]http://www.codelain.com/wiki/index.php?title=Frequently_Asked_Questions#Everybo dy_but_me_can_join_my_games.21[/url] I used this link. First part of it solved it :

1 Download the Loopback Adapter
    2 Find the appropriate IP address to use:
    1 Ff GHost++ is running on the same computer where you play you need your external IP address
    2 Ff GHost++ is running on a computer on the same LAN you need your internal IP address
    3 Go to the newly created adapter and do right click -> Properties
    4 Click on Internet Protocol (TCP/IP) -> Properties
    5 Choose Use the following IP address and fill in the IP address from step 2
    6 Fill in 255.255.255.0 as Subnet mask
    7 Click Ok twice

I'd only mention that at point 4. it should be more specific : Click on Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4) - > Propreties, since I got also IPv6. And after point 6. subnet mask, should be point 7. Leave Default Gateway blank

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast