Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: DotA 2 - Kick Start

Awards

DotA 2 - Kick Start

Hello guys,

Feel free to share your questions, suggestions or anything else related to DotA 2 in this topic.

If you have any specific discussion to bring, you can also create your own topic in [url=http://eurobattle.net/forums/810-DotA-2]this section[/url].

Cheers,
    Eurobattle.net Staff

Awards
    Seems nobody feels like sharing/chating anything around here u_u

This color is only for nabs!
    Awards

we should make d2 league which can be leaded from this forum...room for players and ladder should not be any problem. also we could move safelist league on d2. ladder can be the same as its here, league room can be on topaz, IRC or any similar program or even some private program for those leagues made by bnet programers (stefos-gr-noob). i dont know how much is it possible but i like idea...stuff like this could make server and forum much more popular..
    so what you guys think about this?

RayAllen: aledati je bio dobar igrac ali onda se poceo druziti sa noelom...

.igic._legend._: jel aledati trial?

IMC noob, Ale for president!

GG

Awards
    Quote Originally Posted by Aledati View Post
    we should make d2 league which can be leaded from this forum...room for players and ladder should not be any problem. also we could move safelist league on d2. ladder can be the same as its here, league room can be on topaz, IRC or any similar program or even some private program for those leagues made by bnet programers (stefos-gr-noob). i dont know how much is it possible but i like idea...stuff like this could make server and forum much more popular..
    so what you guys think about this?
    Can you please explain more about your idea?
    Here we have a bot that counts statistics but in Dota 2 we have to create everything manually.
    Please add more words to your idea.

Thanks, AP
    "As time Stops for me ,i become immortal. so Ancient that u will all want my wisdom."iCe®©
    My power grows with any second passing.

Awards

Quote Originally Posted by Ancient Priest View Post
    Here we have a bot that counts statistics but in Dota 2 we have to create everything manually.

Thanks, AP
    Quote Originally Posted by Ancient Priest View Post

Thanks, AP
    well i dont know have you ever played any old league on irc like ldhl, eedl, anubia, ru.int-exl league. i was voucher in 2 of those leagues which are rly old and they were leaded from IRC channel and private forum that doesnt even have anything with dota or warcraft 3. its simple, if u have room for league on irc, u make it private that can join only ppl who have access and access u getting for room over vouch request on this forum maybe. signing players for game can be made in same channel in this case its irc channel or any other simple programs such like topaz, or even bnet euroloader which have ss channel with great bot named Guard. everything u need is simple bot for room/access/signing-reserving slots etc.
    games in those old leagues were created private on garena or rgc by any reserved player or neutral player who will be observer. later it was difficult to make players change server cuz someone played on rgc and someone on garena so soon admins choosed garena as server for games and they got private room with password which was necessary cuz that room was nothing else than place for reserved players to come and play their game, which can be any room rly doenst metter but this problem on d2 nobody should have cuz its unique server and created games are automatically with bot-great.
    after players finished their game, they report winner (ex. r1 ,(sentinel/radiant won), or r2 (scourge/dire won) on league-room with bot who is programed to register that command, (6+ reports on same side is final report to bot, means ex. 5 winners+1 looser, must report...or 5 loosers+1 winner which never happened xD fucking kids were reporting as they are winners even they lost, players like those kids were banned for not respecting league). so bot on that way noting stats of players, (kills/deaths/assists/cs/ were impossible and wasnt in stats), and making auto ranks such like psr is.
    so did this help you?

Awards

forgot to say, bot register r1/2 command only from players that are in games (reserved players with specific game name that is in lobby). once bot recive 6 same results game is closed and stats are added ofc. this was about that players who are not in games or not picked cant fuck up with results or if u have 2+ games in lobby results cant be mixed cuz of game name with reserved players.

Awards
    Well it's pretty hard to track games between the teams just by waiting for them to submit the victory. What if 5 of them say win although they lost and one of the other team says lose. The winning team would get a lose right?
    There's a huge problem in calculating points for such games just by winning and losing. I'd create a private matchmaking ranking with private points so that game stats can matter.
    Thank you for the suggestion.
    "As time Stops for me ,i become immortal. so Ancient that u will all want my wisdom."iCe®©

Awards

Well it's pretty hard to track games between the teams just by waiting for them to submit the victory. What if 5 of them say win although they lost and one of the other team says lose.
    10 players that were in same game reporting result, they can all report but 6 is enough for bot. if sentinel won then players should report as r1. any player of that game who won or lost game should report as r1 cuz sentinel won.
    there is no command such like rloose or rwon, its r1 and r2 and even if u lost or won game there is always same r. and if players who lost report game like they won, example: scourge won, players should report r2 but few players from team which lost wanna report game like they won, voting as r1. they did nothing cuz they need 6 votes (in this case wrong votes) for their win and i believe nobody will be dump from winning team to help them and vote wrong and give them win maybe and yes the winning team get a lose. actually this never happened in those leagues and i believe this should not be problem cuz it worked for long time in those leagues.

There's a huge problem in calculating points for such games just by winning and losing. I'd create a private matchmaking ranking with private points so that game stats can matter.
    Thank you for the suggestion.
    at the start u get 1000 points, max points ingame can be 30. if all players have 1000 points they play for +15 points if they win and -15 if they loose. if point equal of first team is bigger than opposite then they play example for +7 and -23 (also that means second team play for +23 / -7 ofc) and last option is if point equal of one team is much much bigger than opposite such like 95%-5% then points will be like this +1 / -29.
    30 is const.

Awards
    I don't like this points option you've posted. In my opinion points should be counted based on the whole game, based on ur statistics with the hero picked ( if carry etc.. , if support check words etc ).

Anyway do you know what a lvl upper is ? What you said that there's no1 dumb enough to say the other team won even though the first one won, trust me is wrong. What if 10 friends join a game, quit in 2 min and report a win, do they take points?
    These manual things can't be brought up together,trust me.

Awards

well u dont have to trust me but many league worked like this and many of them had 300+ players online in room at the same time and over 10 games in lobby. at the start we will be league with low population but with time league will grow up for sure. at the start if u have 20-30 players , 5-6 of them will be in staff for sure so that means every game has one player from staff and still observers are free in d2 case in unlimited number.
    What if 10 friends join a game, quit in 2 min and report a win, do they take points?
    how u mean??? even if they do this only 1 team will take points and other team will loose points cuz 6 votes are needed, so agree has to be to give other friends win for pts....thats foolish...

I don't like this points option you've posted. In my opinion points should be counted based on the whole game, based on ur statistics with the hero picked ( if carry etc.. , if support check words etc ).
    i am not saying we have to be totally same league like those old ones were...anything is possible but they didnt count carry/supports stats and i liked that a lot cuz players didnt fight for kills just for stats...all is important is win and thats point of dota game isnt? i never saw 2 good clans fighting for kills cuz stats in divisions have nothing with kill/death stats, only rankings.
    this means support will be rly support cuz sometimes carry players in league will play support and if he play in league that count kill/death stats ofc he will try to steal kill from carry, and thats problem of detail stats in leagues we have on this server right now.

also carry and support rankings can be by voting on public forum such like safelist had (even with detail stats) and IHRL, check it, if u cant find i will post link here.
    Last edited by Aledati; 10th February 2014 at 08:30 PM.

Let's DO IN HOUSE ! !

New User
    I just want to say, if you guys would make either a Dota 2 league or make one of your own, I'd totally jump in. I've been around since early 2000s as madrigirl and I know the community is kind, awesome, supportive. Less bullying those days too. Go for it guys.

I tried playing dota but there are so many short cuts and by the time i would try to figure things out how they worked i would get killed also the players are not that friendly if you join random groups. But now i am thinking of giving it a go again.

[url]http://www.dota2.com/leaderboards/#europe[/url]

Is this Swiftending from xpam?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast