Thread: Api or class to interact with gproxy/eurobattle/warcraft

Question Api or class to interact with gproxy/eurobattle/warcraft

Hi,

Is there an api or framework to interact directly with gproxy/eurobattle/warcraft?

I want to do multiple things:

- Get Notified when gproxy is ready(i.e. when I can launch eurobattle)
    - Write commands in the eurobattle chat (like !pub !min 1500, etc) without bringing warcraft in focus
    - Get notified when a game is full
    - And so on...

It can be in any languages but java is preferred .
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    At the moment, no.

I am preparing a new version right now so if you think this would be useful to implement we can talk.

Undefeated Mad Balls Arena champion

Yes, I do think it would be useful to implement. There are a few key features I feel are missing from eurobattle and a way to directly communicate with it would enable me and others to implement those features. What did you have in mind?
    (a dll, a whole class, etc.?)

Blog Entries
    Some of the things you mentioned above will actually be solved. For example, Gproxy and W3 will be automatically launched by the client and gproxy will only run in the background. Writing commands will be solved with a chat integrated in the client.

For reading the gproxy status I guess the easiest thing to do would be to open a local UDP socket and echo a status code in there.

That said, I don't think it'll be finished by the end of this year because it's a lot of work and I have little time.

Quote Originally Posted by Cen View Post
    That said, I don't think it'll be finished by the end of this year because it's a lot of work and I have little time.
    That's kind of the idea. If you make it easier to interact with gproxy, I'm sure more developers will come up with their own ideas and implement them as separate programs with different functionalities. When those programs become popular, they can be integrated directly into gproxy.

Quote Originally Posted by Cen View Post
    Some of the things you mentioned above will actually be solved. For example, Gproxy and W3 will be automatically launched by the client and gproxy will only run in the background. Writing commands will be solved with a chat integrated in the client.

For reading the gproxy status I guess the easiest thing to do would be to open a local UDP socket and echo a status code in there.
    Is there a documentation page for the status codes?

Blog Entries
    No, I was just thinking out loud.