View Poll Results: What do you think of this idea?

Voters
4. You may not vote on this poll
  • I like it

2 50.00%
  • I hate it

2 50.00%
  • I don't care / It is useless

0 0%

Thread: Crazy stupid idea

Smile Crazy stupid idea

As far as I got it, euroloader.exe is just a rebranded w3l and on top of that, we have gproxy for dota players. Why not to add additional launcher, which would combine both euroloader and gproxy? (Play Ladder – Play Dota on the picture above). At this level, it is also possible to add some eye-candy like eurobattle.net Information/Announcements RSS reader (so no one would miss news, even guys who are not visiting forums).

In addition, we can check if player’s IP is banned or not and report it in a simple Text Label. This would minimize a little amount of frustration when player cannot login or whatever happens to banned ppl.
    This little thingy also could start listening on port 6112 before game’s launch and report if port 6112 is closed or opened. It should help to people playing in public areas and should help in process of troubleshooting wrong firewall configurations. Some service like canyouseeme.org may be used.

As an advanced feature, it is also possible to implement anti-cheat at this level. When player hits a button launcher minimizes and resides in the memory, scanning it for unwanted processes like namespoofer or maphack or whatever else. If player tries to close the launcher during game – the game closes as well.

Oh yeah, almost forgot. It should also be capable of fixing wrong/missing W3 registry entries on first launch, so no registry fixer would be necessary.

This approach is often used in many popular gaming platforms And even blizzard uses it. Their StarCraft 2, Diablo 3 and WoW launchers are working as patch-managment tools, anti-cheat, news reader and so forth.

So guys, what do u say?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	launcher.png‎ 
Views:	75 
Size:	341.8 KB 
ID:	175030  

It's nice,eb had a idea like that [url]http://eurobattle.net/threads/163482-Test-server-client-(Beta)[/url] but i think it failed when MD(MusicDemon) left or he was busy can't really remember.I would also suggest a sign in(though it would be a bit harder) so basically you don't have to type your acc and pass over and over + there could be a new label: Account status:Banned/Not Banned

Blog Entries
    The project never failed, it is being finished by MusicDemon and will be released with a new version of gproxy in near future. It's just that anti-hack needs a lot of work..we don't want hackers to find bypasses in a few days.

Undefeated Mad Balls Arena champion