Thread: W3-RoC Campaign on Hard, last mission

Blog Entries

W3-RoC Campaign on Hard, last mission

Did anyone of you finish last RoC mission on hard? I tried like 20 times so far but always get raped. Only one time I actually survived infernal wave in Jaina base which is fundamental (I think) but I didn't do a save after that.. I honestly do not know what units to use against mass infernals.

Also, if someone can share a save file on hard because I formatted my pc and took an old copy of w3 and I lost all the progress.

Undefeated Mad Balls Arena champion

WhosYourDaddy

Ex-Administrator
    I guess most of the older players have been able to finish that mission on hard without any cheat codes. Have been ages since I've done it, so even if I had a save, it wouldn't work with the current patch, I believe ( correct me if I'm wrong, of course, and I shall do my best to find one ).

About the mass infernals, I know for sure that mass dryads is the answer you're looking for. Even though, if I remember correctly, 'Abolish Magic' does not autocast on summoned units, which is pretty annoying, if you got good micro, it takes about 4 of those to kill an infernal from full hp. The effort is well worth if you ask me. Another aspect to bear in mind is fighting them outside the base, and not inside, to try as much as possible to keep them at bay ( whether we're talking about the human base or the orc one, even though you will eventually lose the human one, but that allows you to defend in the orc one which is by far the easiest to defend and best to fight at ).

Blog Entries
    Fighting them in base is actually easier because some of the units focus buildings and it's easier to handle them like this.

I think Infernals are summoned by the Dread Lord so it is possible that my Dryads didn't autocast. I'll check it out.

Undefeated Mad Balls Arena champion