Thread: your scaring away the players!

Angry your scaring away the players!

are you freaking aware that people leaving automated bots on for !!! 3 months !!! is scaring away every single new player on euro battle.net? when i first joined eurobattle it was buried and lively with people who play battleships and battletanks.. all versions! now with errisponsible bot hosts, only a single game per day!!

its even driving the dota users away! i would know cause i MADE .a (period ALPHA not fucking 'defense of the ancients')'s base map!.

and i heard you guys did a legal shutdown against playdota.eu (WHAT THE HELL) those guys were PROVIDING low lag methods for peoples to host games who otherwise behind firewalls cannot. I CANT HOST ANYMORE CAUSE I NEED MY FIREWALL

also some bots are now demanding the use of gproxy.. that means non-super-elite users running macintosh sparcos, hand helds, touchpads and etc and many variants of linux AND mac users CANNOT PLAY DOTA you need to MAC ADDRESS BAN THOSE BOTS

the bots hosting battleships and battletanks have DRIVEN AWAY the used to be MANY custom games players. empty unmanned rooms even with the force start command ,,, they are OMINOUS and FOREBODDING. in other words.. it scars noobs away even more than players who were ALREADY on the server.

let me rephrase my statement... hosting bots are OK. hosting bots are NESSESARY people who leave bots on always make them hack targets - so that professional idiots (aka trolls) can lag kick and votekick out the remaining good players you HAD.

this servers gunna DIE if you let this crap happen.
    mac ban the bots, mac ban the users that put those bots, and leave bots that are there only when players are there.. the HELL ALONE.

i would love to go back to playing gemtd and dota. and banning people cause they are NOOBS is no longer allowed, because that illiminates the remaining players that would actually pay to keep your site going. more like mac address ban assholes who kick people... period.

Blog Entries
    It seems that you confused a lot of things.

First of all, we didn't shutdown playdota. They just got renamed into lagabuse.com after they lost their domain. They still exist and host most of the dota games, so that's that.

Second thing, how many people actually play here on Mac? Nobody. The loader does not work on Mac. There are a few linux users which I guess were left behind but is it really worth to spend days to develop a seperate version just for like 10 players? I mean I'll try to do it in the next version but let's be serious here.
    The only reason gproxy was enforced was to bring down the number of hackers which are the real cancer of today's Warcraft. And they still are.

Now as for the autohosts.. I do kinda agree with you. Those games which get autohosted and rehosted for 1000 times per day do not really help the server in any way. Especially because they require full slots for a battleship game/vamp fire etc.. those games just don't ever get full or don't need to be full to start. So yeah, autohosts are a fail but should we just lock their accounts? I am not sure.. it is something that should be publicly discussed. The only bad thing they do is filling the game list but they don't really break any rules.
    Last edited by Cen; 18th December 2012 at 07:53 AM.

Undefeated Mad Balls Arena champion

i would suggest putting a pole vote whether to ban permabots or not.. but i have a very good suspision the answers yes

Registered User I'm waiting for the email confirmation :(

Typo

However sad it may be, I agree that the perma-almost-never-used-hostbots should be stopped.

Reason being: Fills the game list with useless games, decreasing the chance of noticing a potential game with people in it. Nowadays almost every game I join, which has people in it, is one which was hosted from a different realm which IS SAD.

I am not sure whether lagabuse.com has the .dlmap function enabled or not... I know that Clan IDEA does, but only clan members who registered on their forum can use that, which is fair enough to kinda prevent spammage on the bots.

I think a good thing to do would be to set up a thread maybe for a good public bot where people can request maps to be added. Anybody could use that bot, like lagabuse.com and the maps they want to play could be added via the thread.

I do understand that some, if not all, of my suggested ideas have already been implemented in some form or another.. But they are just that.. Ideas thrown out to be discussed.

Eurobattle.net Backer
    Since I am the owner of Clan IDEA bots (which is currently autohosting a few maps), I guess I'll say a few words.

To start, our bots have only been autohosting for a few days now (three, I believe). Results? Over 100 games a day resulting ONLY from the autohosts (most popular being Burbenog TD).

Clan IDEA currently has the upload function disabled, just as SpiritFryer said. This is because I found I had made a huge mistake when creating the uploader, and the client-side script would allow them to upload virtually ANY file. I found that out when some douchebag uploaded a 500mb file.

We are open to suggestions for maps to autohost. Currently all of the bots have a set limit for autohosting (the higher being Burbenog TD with up to 5 games max), the limit being 2-3 on most of them.

At the moment we also allow every user to host games on our bots, the limit being that only 15 bots are available for public use, including the autohosts (allowing minimum 5 bots for our clan at any given time). But as it was previously said, the map uploader isn't working right now so you can only host the maps currently on the server. I expect to have the map uploader up and running by tomorrow.

Our bots barely have any people banned, most being for hacking (confirmed hacking only), major trolling and other things. They are pretty much ready for heavy community-use, with a 1gbps connection for each 10 bots, allowing for 100% lag free gaming. We currently have 50 users banned. The only people able to permanently ban a user are me and the shamans of Clan IDEA. Every admin on our bot at the exception of us can only ban for up to one week, and I may remove this power from a user who abuses it.

As of now, some maps were not popular enough, only the following (out of the 10 previous) autohosts remain operational: Burbenog TD, Element TD, X Hero Siege. The following were removed from our autohost list: Pimp My Peon, Pudge Wars, 101 Rounds, Legion TD, Green Circle TD Mega, Uther Party, Mad Balls Arena.

@SpiritFryer, as soon as IDEA's map uploader goes live anyone will be able to host without any limits.

@Cen, if you want just say the word and I will take down the remaining autohosts on IDEA. We don't win anything by making the server smaller and making players leave, so we'll help in whichever way we can.

@ironman, although I do understand why you're angry, I must agree with Cen on basically everything he said. Also, those who play on Linux can use WINE to run GProxy. I do not own a Mac, and probably never will, so I can't say anything in regards to that.

All this being said, I'll keep checking this thread at least once a day.

Happy holidays,
    Kelthar
    Last edited by Kelthar; 24th December 2012 at 12:03 AM. Reason: adding bold sections

kelthar, chill out m8, I think clan idea is one of few decent channels that have left on this server.

btw authost legion td again pls.

I SIMPLY DONT GIVE A F..K
    RAGE MODE ENGAGED

Quote Originally Posted by mrniceguy View Post
    kelthar, chill out m8, I think clan idea is one of few decent channels that have left on this server.

btw authost legion td again pls.
    +1 on this.

Hidden Text click here to show

Just watch the game, first 15 minutes... Zeus knows everyrhing. Whole game he was blinking exact spot where we were. Btw he is TR.
    Btw he is TR.
    posted by Dota94

Honored Legend
    Awards
    Well, clan idea was surely one of the best things that ever happened here with over 5 years of existence and with 100 clan members.

I don't really know much about your current situation since I've been inactive lately but, from the old times that I remember (when the original chieftain LMjai was the leader), Island Defense was the official map of Clan IDEA where people were playing ID 24/7, and it's kinda sad that ID is not being hosted nowdays since there are still players who want to play this map (I'm one of them).

Anyways, for autohosting bots part, most of the bots are connected here from other serves, which are flooding the lobby and it makes way too hard to find the game that you're looking for. Some autohosted games are completely empty all the time like for example: >>>>{}{} BATTLE TANKS/\/\/\{{}<<<<

Eurobattle.net Backer
    There are several bots already hosting Legion TD that's why I disabled it. Re-enabled Legion TD and Green Circle TD Mega

@mrniceguy Haha I am, just felt like giving a serious answer and serious info.

@jeandarc Yeah, most of the ID players have disappeared. Some come back now and then, but there's no group of ID players atm.

Cool

Hello! I introduce United Bots! And i want say my Bot version is Ghost++ not GhostOne which is rehosting severals seconds or min. Our Bots are 100% works well and people join with thier hope that lobby isn't full.
    1) We are not Lobby spammers, as i see some people say.
    2) We are Big Community which try make Good Bots and autohost maps which are filling in seconds.
    3) Also from EuroBattle on United Bots play over 500 users.

Our Bots connect to EuroBattle like almost 1 year and we like this server as new server for making United Community bigger. We know and hope continue EuroBattle is the best and be allways the best PvPgn Server.

If you have questions to me , write here! Hope you already played on our Bots!

Note: BTW if you see GameNames with [UcW] - that is not mean that Clan UcW [UcW- United Clans of Warcraft]
    Autohosting Bots are from each Clan of United Community.
    For more information about us you can visit our website ucw.ucoz.net . Thanks.

Save your time and play with United Bots! (Assasin_WEST)

Couple of your admins (admins of UCW bot) are cocky and rude, so if they continue to act like that we will be forced to ban your bot from our server.

RAGE MODE ENGAGED

Dude, we need names and reason and of course replay.
    We try give admin and also tell guys about abusing and be fair.
    If you know or have list please share so we do action.

Well I dont have autosave replay, but I have played legion 2 days ago and a guy was imba cocky, can u give me list of admins or link where I can see it, and I will remember wich one is.

Or if u have list of games played, I will find the one I played with him.

RAGE MODE ENGAGED

Let me show u next time, because i havent access atm to tabel list. Sorry.