View Poll Results: Should we try to make something like this?

Voters
21. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

16 76.19%
  • No

5 23.81%
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Dota league

Dota league

I've already made a thread like this on moderation section, but since I don't have access to it anymore gonna post it here. I think it would be great thing if we could make something like old pick league was on dota-league. RDL showed that there are more than enough teams to create at least 2 divisions with decent games. And I am pretty damn sure there are a lot of teams that are still playing Dota 1 and are seeking for some clanwars, since the CW room on RGC is empty we could get decent amount of teams if we advertise properly. I am 100% sure this can work fine, if managed properly.

Way pick league worked:
    5 divisions, starting from division 1, each other had twice more sub-divisions (example: 2a,2b,3a,3b,3c,3d etc).
    Top teams of each division would advance to next level, while best placed would have to go through playoffs.
    16 teams per sub-division, one season last for 15 weeks(we can cut this, make it shorter) every round was scheduled for Sunday 19h different week. Though teams could re-arange their games and play on the different date if they agree. System was bo2, which means winner gets 3 points, loser gets 0, in case of draw both teams get 1 point.
    Aranging games was done on forum, as well as submitting replays/screenshots.

This is really easy to make, you only need a channel with few decent hostbots and some space on forum, thats it, give each teamcaptain lvl 2 so they can host. We don't even need ladder for this, it can be done manually. In addition there was I believe Smurf's bot that was used to spam for clanwars, when a Chieftan would spam a "searching for a clanwar" msg, it would go to all the Chieftans currently logged. Just with a small change, that we would use teamcaptains instead of chieftans.

I really think this could work if given a chance. Would like to hear your oppinion.

Hidden Text click here to show

Just watch the game, first 15 minutes... Zeus knows everyrhing. Whole game he was blinking exact spot where we were. Btw he is TR.
    Btw he is TR.
    posted by Dota94

You want to make a new dota league or some kind of tour?

P.S: I'm a bit tired
    Last edited by eSsex; 28th August 2012 at 05:30 PM.

RDL didnt prove this
    RDL proved people gather teams, or briefly switch platforms, when there are money involved

Blog Entries
    @El.Grande.Oso;
    Yours sincerely,
    MusicDemon

Retired: Technical supporter / EuroBattle Programmer.

My blog
    PvPGN Supporter (=Server software EBNet is using.)
    Warcraft III/TFT Supporter
    New Eurobattle.net pre-loader client.[
    My interview

Made my day (Last update: 03-09-2012):

yes, its 32 slot just because they play for dosh of bux.
    If it wasnt for money, it would be like regular small nightcup.
    If u want we can make clan war tour, for 8-16 teams i guess....

Eurobattle.net facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/eurobattle

Blog Entries
    w3 is dead deal with it

if u no pay dollarz no1 will play

I don't think that's true, there weren't any awards for country dota tour nor Balkan tour and both tours gathered many teams.
    Check dotacommetanries tournament they managed to get 70 teams without any awards.

Just watch the game, first 15 minutes... Zeus knows everyrhing. Whole game he was blinking exact spot where we were. Btw he is TR.
    Btw he is TR.
    posted by Dota94

Safelist Member
    safelist will also arange a tour shortly after the ro one ends and we will try to get as many teams as possible

making ANOTHER league for this kind of thing is just pointless
    it would be like saying "dota1 is still a very competitive game", which it is not. ppl only play dota1 because they like having fun and they like the atmosphere some leagues provide

None mentioned making new league mate.
    What I am proposing(in case you didn't read first post).
    Is making channel for clan wars.

Btw he is TR.
    posted by Dota94

Well yes, Efko there wouldn't be too big difference between nightcup and this, just small difference in organisation, and ofc it is much easier for teams to play 2 games per week on the time they can chose than on Sunday evening. Not to mention time difference and all the other staff.
    I am 100% sure this could work and I know there are more than enough teams to make it.

Btw he is TR.
    posted by Dota94

u cant say that this is dead game, activity decreased but this game is here for long time. E.g. quake 3 is older game and i play quakelive and servers are full.
    Yes there is dota2 but some players returned from dota2. But still there will be players who will play w3/dota (1), mby on xpam mby elsewhere.
    How many years will be alive Call Of duty games? [url]www.youtube.com/watch?v=eE_msAKWdOs&t=40s[/url]

Slayzer , balkan is dead, bot is rotting in channel. so u can arrange clan war there

Eurobattle.net facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/eurobattle

Safelist Member
    nobody said dota1 is dead, i just said COMPETITIVE dota1 is dead

Efko, I think Slayzer has a point here. The most important thing that makes our community better than the other platforms is that we have the "original" clan system. We should encourage players and help them performing a new clan or arranging some competition between them. I remember the old days when the most important and enjoyable thing on this server were the clan wars.

@Decay
    That isn't true, in Europe there is no competitive dota 1 tournaments because of sponsors and teams changing to Dota 2, however it is true that there are still more teams that play Dota 1 than Dota 2. In South-east asia there are still big tournaments ONLY for Dota 1. There is no GEST for the Dota 2, and mineski is their only team playing D2.

@Efko
    I am mod on Balkan for few months and I still have no access to mod forum, anyways Noel closed Balkan during the summer break and he will re-open it in September. However I do believe it wouldn't be big of a trouble to open new channel with few bots or even only with a guard for annoucing some important msgs.
    Personally if I was to arange it I would allow players to use any bot as long as both teams agree on it. And use tourhost only when both teams can't agree on hosting.

@Eternal
    Exactly the point is in making more interesting games to play, however I don't think it would be right call to involve clan system in it. We did try something like this once (with clan league) and it created a lot of mess. Simply because many people didn't care about having clans for such a long time. It would be much better to make a "season" last for one month than after that new teams can sign.

Btw he is TR.
    posted by Dota94

suport 100%
    Baja_cro_techies_pro

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast