View Poll Results: Should we try to make something like this?

Voters
21. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

16 76.19%
  • No

5 23.81%
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: Dota league

Blog Entries
    Okay. I'll lay down two scenarios;

Scenario #1: Higher ups support the idea;
    • Low percentage chance that they will add icons. (Unless already made and it's proven that the project has potential.)
    • Medium chance we will get the bots of one of the staff members for use. (Not sure if this staff member is still active and thus can make progress for the project.)
    • Quite low chance that the project will get a place on this website. (Maybe dotabot.net)

Scenario #2: Higher ups don't support the idea;
    • The project will have no in-game features. (Maximal a private channel with guard.)
    • The project will have to get his own server for the bots, storage of the scores and the display of the scores.
    • The project will not grow since there's no announcements made directly on the server itself.

So, my advice is; Show us that you have serious potential and Jean 'd Arc and I will whisper cen in his ears.
    Yours sincerely,
    MusicDemon

Retired: Technical supporter / EuroBattle Programmer.

My blog
    PvPGN Supporter (=Server software EBNet is using.)
    Warcraft III/TFT Supporter
    New Eurobattle.net pre-loader client.[
    My interview

Made my day (Last update: 03-09-2012):
    Hidden Text click here to show

Banned I'm here for more than 1 year and I am banned! I'M SUCH A NO LIFE STUPID KID!

Listen this project would fit good in xpam , ss is just trying to get more people , they use every kind of tour / league everything for that , but would be nice to have xpam's own cw system... i'm telling you , if you do this right , from the begining , you might do smth rlly big for dota 1... it's all about the organisation... you will find 16 teams who will play 2 games every week , i bet on it...it/s just u admins , only u can make this project work , not #ss league not any other league , just some initiative from you and everything will be ok .( my last ideea here)
    Originaly Posted by Lemnyshor (Lemn).
    Cel mai probabil daca ma injura careva o sa fac dagon si o sa-i fur toate fragurile pana isi taie venele. (Disclaimer: nu pot fi tinut responsabil pentru eventualele sinucideri ale jucatorilor romani si nu am am niciun contract activ cu posturile de televiziune.

Honored Member
    Blog Entries
    Its very nice to see you coming with good idea and enthusiasm to do something big. Moment for this is perfect since for the first time we have no real competition. Faith proved that with his tour. Also timing is well to bring all those teams who played in RO tour to it. Wish you luck with it.

I forwarded my support to administration.

My biggest suggestion is to keep thing as simple and clear as possible. Dont make things look complicated and boring. Make it your key priority! About name i guess Xpam Dota League is most suitable.
    Last edited by eXtasY; 2nd September 2012 at 01:45 PM.

Safelist Member
    Awards
    I didn't understand a thing. EDIT oh lol, I thought this is a single page thread ) REEDIT: I was right, nvm.

And yeah, no, you can't find 16 teams who gonna play every day of the week. If you talk about making some kind of tournament such as dota weekly nightcup, held every sunday and keeping the scores of those games, doable. But I don't see the point of it, since many players play for many different teams, you're gonna have to keep score of the players, not the teams. ( what does not AT ALL improve the dota skill level at xpam and is not at all doing something " big " for dota1 )
    Last edited by Tito; 3rd September 2012 at 02:06 PM.

Safelist Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Tito View Post
    I didn't understand a thing. EDIT oh lol, I thought this is a single page thread ) REEDIT: I was right, nvm.

And yeah, no, you can't find 16 teams who gonna play every day of the week. If you talk about making some kind of tournament such as dota weekly nightcup, held every sunday and keeping the scores of those games, doable. But I don't see the point of it, since many players play for many different teams, you're gonna have to keep score of the players, not the teams. ( what does not AT ALL improve the dota skill level at xpam and is not at all doing something " big " for dota1 )
    What he;s trying to do is , PICK LEAGUE , from the old dota-league .. season of dota, and games you can play anytime of the week, when the teams agree, or sunday 20:00 CET ( let's say) default time, 2 games .. so you can have 1-1. geddit ?!

^Exactly. Guys really this can work but we need all the support possible, we got the bot and we have a guard.
    Everything we need for now is a space on forum and someone that can use announce from time to time to keep people in touch with what we are doing.

Just watch the game, first 15 minutes... Zeus knows everyrhing. Whole game he was blinking exact spot where we were. Btw he is TR.
    Btw he is TR.
    posted by Dota94

Who will be representing the staff?
    Suffering succotash, I leave you suckers sufferin'
    Huffin' and puffin', at last!

Banned I'm here for more than 1 year and I am banned! I'M SUCH A NO LIFE STUPID KID!

Blog Entries
    AcaSrb aka xmany
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeussssss View Post
    davide majka ti nije baterija ali je i dalje svi pune
    Quote Originally Posted by [^RawR^] View Post
    SS is dead now, maybe it's time for Slayzer to make some new league

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

<FROM: ChaoS-_-GuarD> cao ogi ajde dodji na cosak da se samaramo
    <FROM: CRO_ZEUS> prvo reci mami da ode sa istog

Safelist Member
    Awards
    What the fuck you mean " we need all the support possible ", creating a subforum is no harder than sending a msg to someone who can do it and there are like 10 ppl who can /ann durring every time of the day..

As I said, playing in a " team " together for more then 2 days a week, takes more than just 5 " skilled " players together, so we'll see lots of team shuffling etc, and if changing team is not alowed, many teams will drop out ( at first place, every team will play with standinS every match, the chance is a player from another " team " because there aren't as much " skilled " players at this server as one would hope so ).

The second problem is, when you got " arranged " match, it kinds feels like work, so it takes the joy of the dota.

Tito,u mad bro?
    Suffering succotash, I leave you suckers sufferin'
    Huffin' and puffin', at last!

Tell me when it's done and hopefuly i can bring some guys also.

Originally Posted by Light_of_Hell
    U noob not know how to play LEVORIC
    u buy sange (it a slows), at lvl 4 LEVORIC criticals roshan, than aura and gg, also u can buy RADIATOR cuz looks cool in LEVORICS arm, BUROOZIA for perma critical and BATTLE FURKY for caveing enemy

Blog Entries
    Pain, you voted against the idea...
    Yours sincerely,
    MusicDemon

Retired: Technical supporter / EuroBattle Programmer.

My blog
    PvPGN Supporter (=Server software EBNet is using.)
    Warcraft III/TFT Supporter
    New Eurobattle.net pre-loader client.[
    My interview

Made my day (Last update: 03-09-2012):

yes it was created

dota subforum:
    [url]http://eurobattle.net/forums/736-XDL[/url]

also channel ingame: XDL

Eurobattle.net facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/eurobattle

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4