View Poll Results: Should we try to make something like this?

Voters
21. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

16 76.19%
  • No

5 23.81%
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Dota league

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Slayzer View Post
    The thing is, the key for this to work is forum, not the hostbots, players should be allowed to host their games anywhere, and we keep few bots in channel for example "Clan War" just in case.
    I meant that... I understand from the second bolded text that you want to allow people from other servers to participate as well. If so, it would mean that XPAM website will become a gathering place for people who are not even connected in any way to the server.
    Yours sincerely,
    MusicDemon

Retired: Technical supporter / EuroBattle Programmer.

My blog
    PvPGN Supporter (=Server software EBNet is using.)
    Warcraft III/TFT Supporter
    New Eurobattle.net pre-loader client.[
    My interview

Made my day (Last update: 03-09-2012):
    Hidden Text click here to show

No what I meant was that they can host their games using any bot avaliable such as SS,Balkan,RO,CZSK etc...

Just watch the game, first 15 minutes... Zeus knows everyrhing. Whole game he was blinking exact spot where we were. Btw he is TR.
    Btw he is TR.
    posted by Dota94

This is getting weird I'm out

https://www.youtube.com/user/DrG2bad >>>>>>> Check out Pubbing with DRG and some game casts. Like subscribe & enjoy !

Blog Entries
    Okay, misunderstanding there. So, how do you plan doing the scores?
    Yours sincerely,
    MusicDemon

My blog
    My interview

Very simple, unless someone has a better design solution I'd use League table generator, there are few to be found on net.
    [url]http://bluebones.net/2009/09/league-table-generator/[/url]
    I believe this wouldn't be so hard to use for our coders if they decide to make some fancy looking ladder.

As for results we'd gather those from threads after each game teams would have to provide replay and screenshot to prove their victory.

Just watch the game, first 15 minutes... Zeus knows everyrhing. Whole game he was blinking exact spot where we were. Btw he is TR.
    Btw he is TR.
    posted by Dota94

Blog Entries
    Okay, that's for the displaying part... How do you want to occupy 'a' database with the information... That was actually the thing I was asking...
    Yours sincerely,
    MusicDemon

My blog
    My interview

I don't get what do you mean.
    Look mate I gave an idea, I didn't intend to do it alone I think this thing could be very important for XPAM and thus should involve whole tournament staff. If none wants to bother with this, than ok I will do it alone, there are already people who contacted me and offered help but unless bnet crew agrees on this and gives green light there is really nothing we can do. I don't even know what would we have at dispose when it comes to technical stuff, my personal opinion is that we should keep it as simple as we can, others might not agree, or it can even be wrong that's why I opened this thread, if you have advice,solution,future problem that you want to point out write it here pls.

Btw he is TR.
    posted by Dota94

Blog Entries
    Okay, as far as I see it now; You'll be needing your own bots - and thus a server. I really doubt that there's someone with a spare server around... Nor am I sure if "we" have a spare server which could do that.
    But, still. It's an idea but, no plan.

Except for having people saying yes, get yourself a crew as well and check what they can do. I know you've already said that people stood ready but, I suppose none of them can help with the most important thing; Technical stuff.
    Yours sincerely,
    MusicDemon

My blog
    My interview

Mate, I am not requesting a private league for myself, dear God. I didn't even intend in first place to get ahead of this project, just wanted to see if anyone from staff would like to take charge of it, tourmods should be those who should comment it, and hopefully take care of it.
    If none of those wanna take charge than ok I will.
    You are trying to make it look like we are making an Eiffel tower, while in reality the only thing we need is a section on forum, and someone that can "spam" announcements from time to time.

Of course it would be nice to have separate channel for this kind of tournament/league or whatever you wish to call it, just to avoid mess in w3-tour(which happened so many times when there were w3/pg and dota tours at same time).
    I mean if you want me to pay for server and bots plus involve my time and effort to make something that would boost XPAM and get nothing in favor than you are really out of mind.

Btw he is TR.
    posted by Dota94

Blog Entries
    I'm just trying to help. And, maybe you didn't notice since you take everything personally, I'm pretty much planning it out together with you...

I'm pretty sure that you'll get more support if you collect names of players on the server. It's known that the forums are poorly used by most of the people. This means that the staff can't really count every vote.

As for the bots; I'm pretty sure that there can be a guard placed in a channel... So, we'll be needing;
    - Bots
    - Database
    - Website

So, in the very total we would need;
    - A few teams, let's say minimal 6.
    - Possibly a server for;
    - - Bots
    - - Database
    - - Website
    - A crew to verify the scores.
    Yours sincerely,
    MusicDemon

My blog
    My interview

I have everything but bots, as I said earlier I think it can work without it, but it would be nice to get those, if you can get it that would be great.
    As for people that's my concern, I have at least 100 active players on skype and all the contacts from the currently active teams that might play on XPAM if called(40-ish). Also I intend to invite few more teams from RGC but I don't think they will join unless they see we have some serious organisation.
    The time is the key thing here, RDL tournament will finish soon, there is an upcoming SS tournament we can use those tournaments to gather info about players and their teams. I think there are at least 10 teams that would gladly join any team based league or tournament regardless of awards or anything, just for the sake of better games. So basicly I can handle "people" thingy, also I have few names on my mind for staff members but I wont name them in public as some of the admins might not want them in staff.

Required stuff:
    *Moderated channel
    *Someone with moderation power over that channel
    *Subforum at Defense of the Ancients
    *Some icons as award, preferably midas
    and thats it.

Those things you mentioned would be nice to have, but aren't necessary for project to work. And knowing ebnet staff it could take really long time before we get it. Again time is key factor here, Immortal.Faith gathered 32 teams for his tournament and only 2 teams failed to show up, have in mind that this tournament was almost as instant one, so players had to play few games every day during 4 days. If we manage to get at least half of those teams we can form a decent division.
    I would like it to start as soon as possible, so we can have time to write down all the stuff invite as many teams as we can. Hopefully if we get forum section in next few days to start announcing so we can start it on, let say 15th September or so, though not before SS tour finishes.

Btw he is TR.
    posted by Dota94

Not even 10 team would sign for this so stop wasting ur time n breath ktnxbye
    KASSEL: urke looks like harry potter and frodo in 1 person: frodo potter

can some1 warn this [^RawR^] guy,his posts are so annoying,he tries to sabotage everything that tries to revive dota1 ,he did it in ss subforum , he did here couple of times. i mean its ok if he shifted to dota2 , have fun with game you like and stop telling people how dota1 is dead and we all should switch to dota2.

sincerely yours jOLPA(cant log in from my account)

edit] total support for idea

Banned I'm here for more than 1 year and I am banned! I'M SUCH A NO LIFE STUPID KID!

yes , tbh u can gather alot of teams it's a good ideea imo as slayzer said , few teams like 2/3 didn't played in rdl , and like 10 played for the money , alot of them just wanted to play , i know that beacuse i talked particulary with every single captain...

it's a good project , do it
    Originaly Posted by Lemnyshor (Lemn).
    Cel mai probabil daca ma injura careva o sa fac dagon si o sa-i fur toate fragurile pana isi taie venele. (Disclaimer: nu pot fi tinut responsabil pentru eventualele sinucideri ale jucatorilor romani si nu am am niciun contract activ cu posturile de televiziune.

Ok guys, we are close to making this work, in few days you will see much more detailed info.
    Now we would like you to make a suggestion for league name. Try to think of something that would represent good old times of dota 1 but in same time something that is short and simple.
    So far we have this options:
    Elite dota league
    Xpam dota league
    Oldschool dota league

Btw he is TR.
    posted by Dota94

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast