Thread: Nutrition and how it influences body performance

Nutrition and how it influences body performance

It's a fact, you are what you eat and what you eat is either nutritional or it could disrupt the chemical reactions in your body to the extent where you would be considered dead.

This topic is all about nutrition and how it may enhance or decrease the performance of your body. Nutrition can be considered fuel for the body, the fuel is delivered to the cells where it combusts and creates energy.

Step 1 - Educational documentaries:

• [URL="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r4DOQ6Xhqss"]Food Matters[/URL]
    • [URL="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5eKYyD14d_0"]Food Inc.[/URL] - more about the american food industry but i included it because they have a significant influence in Europe as well.
    • [URL="http://documentaries.about.com/od/populardocsubjects/tp/Food_and_Nutrition_Docu.htm"]Documentaries about nutrition[/URL]

Step 2 - What to eat and what not to eat.

• [URL="http://www.freebookcentre.net/medical_text_books_journals/nutrition_ebooks_online_texts_download.html"]Free E-books about nutrition[/URL]
    • [URL="http://www.motleyhealth.com/diet-and-nutrition/the-bruce-lee-diet"]Bruce Lee's philosophy on nutrition[/URL]
    • [URL="http://www.schwarzenegger.com/fitness/post/carb-back-loading-step-1-breakfast"]Arnold Schwarzenegger tips on nutrition[/URL]
    • [URL="http://www.naturalnews.com/030074_Happy_Meal_decompose.html#ixzz23itZWPnJ"]Article on McDonald's hamburgers as to why they do not decompose[/URL]
    • [URL="http://nutritiondata.self.com/"]Nutrition online[/URL]
    • [URL="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LEZ15m-D_n8"]Industrial poisoning of the drinking water made legal and delivered to your home for consumption[/URL]

*Note that poisons don't necessarily kill you on the spot, there are poisons that kill slowly or don't kill but damage your body over time.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	181240_323199141098222_665349500_n.jpg‎ 
Views:	80 
Size:	41.1 KB 
ID:	169311   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	252789_475440902483962_1673219615_n.jpg‎ 
Views:	91 
Size:	61.4 KB 
ID:	169312   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	418869_10151089387657436_847150884_n.jpg‎ 
Views:	85 
Size:	43.4 KB 
ID:	169313   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	428819_10151057750152436_448925079_n.jpg‎ 
Views:	90 
Size:	76.2 KB 
ID:	169314   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	480618_272086266229794_2036839315_n.jpg‎ 
Views:	95 
Size:	127.0 KB 
ID:	169315  

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	536861_377755882277694_2104806337_n.jpg‎ 
Views:	92 
Size:	39.7 KB 
ID:	169316  
    Last edited by [RO]Claudiu; 24th August 2012 at 04:19 PM.
    Watch and learn
    -Bernard Lietaer
    To overstate the argument deliberately, perhaps we are hallucinating all the time and what we call perception is arrived at by simply determining what hallucination best conforms to the current sensory input.

-V.S. Ramachandran
    “Alpha waves in the human brain are between 6 and 8 hertz. The wave frequency of the human cavity resonates between 6 and 8 hertz. All biological systems operate in the same frequency range. The human brain's alpha waves function in this range and the electrical resonance of the earth is between 6 and 8 hertz. Thus, our entire biological system – the brain and the earth itself – work on the same frequencies. If we can control that resonate system electronically, we can directly control the entire mental system of humankind.”

-Nikola Tesla

Honored Legend
    Awards
    Can you make one guide about what food should I eat to become a better dota player? :D

Nice nutrition guide.

Blog Entries
    i eat food

so i am FOOD ? !@?!@?

Quote Originally Posted by jeandarc View Post
    Can you make one guide about what food should I eat to become a better dota player?
    I would recomend spirulina, it does wonders to the brain. You can buy Spirutila tablets from a local pharmacy. Also keep your brain oxigenated so inhale deep during a game. In addition, filter your tap water because it may contain fluoride and chlorum and these will make you uber dumb if you ingest them for a long time.
    Quote Originally Posted by vks.Eternal View Post
    Nice nutrition guide.
    tnx
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaikiss View Post
    i eat food so i am FOOD ? !@?!@?
    Think of the DNA as a blueprint for what to do with the food once it reaches your body, once the food gets in your body, what is needed stays to become assimilated and what is in excess or harmfull is excreted. edit: found something interesting. In case you were wondering what gummy candies are made of, here it is before you - the 'ingredients' of GELATIN.

some more info:

Top 10 genetically modified foods

1. Corn - Corn has been modified to create its own insecticide. The U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) has declared that tons of genetically modified corn has been introduced for human consumption. Monsanto has revealed that half of the US's sweet corn farms are planted with genetically modified seed. Mice fed with GM corn were discovered to have smaller offspring and fertility problems.

2. Soy - Soy has also been genetically modified to resist herbicides. Soy products include soy flour, tofu, soy beverages, soybean oil and other products that may include pastries, baked products and edible oil. Hamsters fed with GM soy were unable to have offspring and suffered a high mortality rate. Canola

3. Cotton - Like corn and soy, cotton has been designed to resist pesticides. It is considered food because its oil can be consumed. Its introduction in Chinese agriculture has produced a chemical that kills cotton bollworm, reducing the incidences of pests not only in cotton crops but also in neighboring fields of soybeans and corn. Incidentally, thousands of Indian farmers suffered severe rashes upon exposure to BT cotton.

4. Papaya - The virus-resistant variety of papaya was commercially introduced in Hawaii in 1999. Transgenic papayas comprised three-fourths of the total Hawaiian papaya crop. Monsanto bestowed upon Tamil Nadu Agricultural University in Coimbatore technology for developing papaya resistant to the ringspot virus in India.

5. Rice - This staple food from South East Asia has now been genetically modified to contain a high amount of vitamin A. Allegedly, there are reports of rice varieties containing human genes to be grown in the US. The rice will create human proteins useful for dealing with infant diarrhea in the 3rd world. China Daily, an online journal, reported potential serious public health and environment problems with genetically modified rice considering its tendency to cause allergic reactions with the concurrent possibility of gene transfers.

6. Tomatoes - Tomatoes have now been genetically engineered for longer shelf life, preventing them from easily rotting and degrading. In a test conducted to determine the safety of GM tomatoes, some animal subjects died within a few weeks after consuming GM tomatoes.

7. Rapeseed - In Canada, this crop was renamed canola to differentiate it from non-edible rapeseed. Food stuff produced from rapeseed includes rapeseed oi (canola oil) l used to process cooking oil and margarine. Honey can also be produced from GM rapeseed. German food surveillance authorities discovered as much as a third of the total pollen present in Canadian honey may be from GM pollen. In fact, some honey products from Canada were also discovered to have pollen from GM rapeseed.

8. Dairy products - It has been discovered that 22 percent of cows in the U.S. were injected with recombinant (genetically modified) bovine growth hormone (rbGH). This Monsanto created hormone artificially forces cows to increase their milk production by 15 percent. Milk from cows treated with this milk inducing hormone contains increased levels of IGF-1 (insulin growth factors-1). Humans also have IGF-1 in their system. Scientists have expressed concerns that increased levels of IGF-1 in humans have been associated with colon and breast cancer.

9. Potatoes - Mice fed with potatoes engineered with Bacillus thuringiensis var. Kurstaki Cry 1 were found to have toxins in their system. Despite claims to the contrary, this shows that Cry1 toxin was stable in the mouse gut. When the health risks were revealed, it sparked a debate.

10. Peas - Peas that have been genetically modified have been found to cause immune responses in mice and possibly even in humans. A gene from kidney beans was inserted into the peas creating a protein that functions as a pesticide.

etc for more pictures and facts follow this link -> [URL]https://www.facebook.com/RawFoodRevolution[/URL]

and [URL]http://www.celestialhealing.net/[/URL]
    Last edited by [RO]Claudiu; 10th September 2012 at 04:19 PM.
    Watch and learn
    -Bernard Lietaer
    To overstate the argument deliberately, perhaps we are hallucinating all the time and what we call perception is arrived at by simply determining what hallucination best conforms to the current sensory input.

-V.S. Ramachandran
    “Alpha waves in the human brain are between 6 and 8 hertz. The wave frequency of the human cavity resonates between 6 and 8 hertz. All biological systems operate in the same frequency range. The human brain's alpha waves function in this range and the electrical resonance of the earth is between 6 and 8 hertz. Thus, our entire biological system – the brain and the earth itself – work on the same frequencies. If we can control that resonate system electronically, we can directly control the entire mental system of humankind.”

-Nikola Tesla

7 health benefits of cashews:

1. Cancer Prevention
    Cashews are ripe with proanthocyanidins, a class of flavanols that actually starve tumors and stop cancer cells from dividing. Studies have also shown that cashews can reduce your colon cancer risk. Their high copper content also endows the seed with the power to eliminate free radicals and they are also good sources of phytochemical
    s and antioxidants that protect us from heart disease and cancer.

2. Heart Health
    Cashews have a lower fat content than most other nuts and most of it is in the form of oleic acid, the same heart-healthy monounsaturated fat found in olive oil. Studies show that oleic acid promotes good cardiovascular health by helping to reduce triglyceride levels, high levels of which are associated with an increased risk for heart disease. Cashews are wonderfully cholesterol free and their high antioxidant content helps lower risk of cardiovascular and coronary heart diseases. The magnesium in cashews helps lower blood pressure and helps prevent heart attacks.

3. Hair and Skin Health
    Cashews are rich in the mineral copper. An essential component of many enzymes, copper plays its part in a broad array of processes. One copper-containing enzyme, tyrosinase, converts tyrosine to melanin, which is the pigment that gives hair and skin its color. Without the copper cashews are so abundant in, these enzymes would not be able to do their jobs.

4. Bone Health
    Cashews are particularly rich in magnesium. It's a well-known fact that calcium is necessary for strong bones, but magnesium is as well. Most of the magnesium in the human body is in our bones. Some of it helps lend bones their physical structure, and the remainder is located on the surface of the bone where it is stored for the body to use as it needs. Copper found in cashews is vital for the function of enzymes involved in combining collagen and elastin, providing substance and flexibility in bones and joints.

5. Good for the Nerves

By preventing calcium from rushing into nerve cells and activating them, magnesium keeps our nerves relaxed and thereby our blood vessels and muscles too. Too little magnesium means too much calcium can gain entrance to the nerve cell, causing it to send too many messages, and leading to too much contraction.

Insufficient magnesium leads to higher blood pressure, muscle tension, migraine headaches, soreness and fatigue. Not surprisingly, studies have demonstrated that magnesium helps diminish the frequency of migraine attacks, lowers blood pressure and helps prevent heart attacks.

6. Prevent Gallstones
    Data collected on 80,718 women from the Nurses' Health Study demonstrates that women who eat at least an ounce of nuts each week, such as cashews, have a 25% lower risk of developing gallstones.

7. Weight Loss
    People who eat nuts twice a week are much less likely to gain weight than those who rarely eat nuts. Cashew nuts are indeed relatively high in fat, but it is considered "good fat." This is attributable to the ideal fat ratio in the nut, 1:2:1 for saturated, monounsaturated, and polyunsaturated, respectively, which is recommended by scientists for tip-top health. Cashew nuts contain less fat than most other popular nuts, including peanuts, pecans, almonds and walnuts. They are dense in energy and high in dietary fiber, making them a very valuable snack for managing weight gain.
    Watch and learn
    -Bernard Lietaer

-V.S. Ramachandran

-Nikola Tesla

Claudiu, you should make a living with this.

Bad idea
    Suffering succotash, I leave you suckers sufferin'
    Huffin' and puffin', at last!

Too bad I'm a carnivore...

aren't they bad to... (easy explaining in engrish ) it's hard to shit if you eat many of them?

Blog Entries
    cool story bro..

Undefeated Mad Balls Arena champion

@ making a living out of this: i know this stuff to help myself, my family and my friends. i'm just posting here cause it doesnt take me time to do it and because i can't stop supermarkets by myself. No man ever accomplished anything by himself. In order for the supermarket industry to fail all consumers must be made aware of the dangers it represents for human health. If its just me that stops buying, that won't make even the slightest difference in their worldwide - profit making - health degrading scheme to get people addicted to their products.

Quote Originally Posted by Mladenus View Post
    Too bad I'm a carnivore...
    too bad why?

edit:

A Russian government watchdog agency has called for the suspension of a [URL="http://www.monsanto.com/Pages/default.aspx"]Monsanto[/URL]-developed corn after a controversial French study, published last week, said lab rats that ingested the corn developed tumors and died prematurely.
    read more about it here -> [url]http://www.stltoday.com/business/local/724f0fb6-075b-11e2-bf8b-0019bb30f31a.html?utm_source=@freepresss[/url]
    Last edited by [RO]Claudiu; 26th September 2012 at 02:13 PM.
    Watch and learn
    -Bernard Lietaer

-V.S. Ramachandran

-Nikola Tesla

New User
    Nutrition can help out to improve athletic routine. An active standard of living and routine work out, along with consumption well, is the most excellent method to stay healthy. Intake of a high-quality of diet can assist to endow with the power you require to come to an end a race, or just enjoy a casual sport or activity.
    [URL="http://www.daynighthealthcare.com/product/vitamin-c"]
    vitamin c online
    [/URL]
    Last edited by JohnWharton; 18th June 2015 at 09:59 AM.