Thread: Problem installing 1.26a patch

Problem installing 1.26a patch

I've spent over 4 hours today installing and reinstalling warcraft 3 and patches, downloading different versions besides the original one that i suspected was damaged, trying to figure out why the errors.

The problem was when after installing reign of chaos and the frozen throne, I got an error while trying to update game to 1.26a. When I was running ''War3TFT_126a_English.exe'', I was getting this mesagges:

''The program was unable to find a file required for patching.File name: D:/games/game files/warcraft 3.....Error: The system cannot find the file specifiedIf u are unable to contact this problem, please contact Blizzard Technical Support''

After pressing ok to this message, I was getting a 2nd message:
    ''An error occurred during the patch process. Please try reinstalling the game and re-applying the patch. If this error occurs again, please call Blizzard Technical Support.Please press 'OK' to exit or press 'Show details' to see more information about the error.''In the end I've manage to finally apply the patch by chance, I mean by running it from a location that doesn't have a long path: by running the patch from C:/desktop instead of D:/Alan/games/game files and kits/old/warcraft 3/...................

Now I don't know for sure if the long path was the problem, but if that minor thing was the cause of 4 h of swearing, I need to understand why did it happen ? Is it the patch's fault or it has something to do with windows 7 ? Or something else ?
    Last edited by rexxar_bear; 11th August 2012 at 08:15 PM.

Blog Entries
    try to use version switcher