Thread: PG is broken

PG is broken

And fix it please!

I'm not elite player there, nor am I total fool. But I can't play nice games on PG. Because it is flooded with noobs. Terrible noobs. Like people who would get their ass whoped by Computer[Normal] in no time. They had 10 years to learn basics of this damn game but they still come online without basic knowledge of game?!

That shouldn't be tolerated. Its frustrating. I rage quit every time I get some genious with 0-0 stats. And its VERY often. I tried disabling my host port to get DC with them. Didn't work out good: I still sometimes get connection with noob but with player of my skill D/C. I can't get better at this game as I don't have anyone to practice with, PG become useless waste of time.

But I will not only criticize. I also have suggestion for solution.
    What I propose follows:

Upgrade PvPGN to allow those with 10+ level be matched only with those with 8-10+ level. Those with 8 level only with 6-8+ level. Or some similar system. Argoument will be that very high level players (20+) will never get matched; that can still be fixed by defining that everyone with level 15+ can be matched with level 15+. It makes perfect sense. And I'm suuuuure it CAN be done. And must be done. Because what we have now is UNusuable and terrible waste of time!

Thanks for reading, kthxbye.

Upgrade PvPGN to allow those with 10+ level be matched only with those with 8-10+ level. Those with 8 level only with 6-8+ level. Or some similar system. Argoument will be that very high level players (20+) will never get matched; that can still be fixed by defining that everyone with level 15+ can be matched with level 15+. It makes perfect sense. And I'm suuuuure it CAN be done. And must be done. Because what we have now is UNusuable and terrible waste of time!

Thanks for reading, kthxbye.
    then everyobe would spent 3x more time searching for a game. ....

Its random, sometimes u get good ally, sometimes bad one.....

Eurobattle.net facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/eurobattle

If now takes 5 sec to get in game, 15 sec doesnt sound that bad for a good game. Also, was writing with 1v1 in mind, 2v2 is two clicks away and that eliminates at least 50% of noobs who just like to (mis)click shiny crossed swords icon.

Blog Entries
    This is very possible and is default by PvPGN... The actual reason why this has been changed is unknown to me. As far as I know, it's indeed rather rare to find a good opponent.

What I could suggest is a "private systematic" - This means that if a user loses three times in a row, he's banned for a month from the bot/system...

There's a but. Creating this would take pretty some time... And thus I do not know if there will be anyone creating this.
    Yours sincerely,
    MusicDemon

Retired: Technical supporter / EuroBattle Programmer.

My blog
    PvPGN Supporter (=Server software EBNet is using.)
    Warcraft III/TFT Supporter
    New Eurobattle.net pre-loader client.[
    My interview

Made my day (Last update: 03-09-2012):
    Hidden Text click here to show

Quote Originally Posted by MusicDemon View Post
    This is very possible and is default by PvPGN... The actual reason why this has been changed is unknown to me. As far as I know, it's indeed rather rare to find a good opponent.

What I could suggest is a "private systematic" - This means that if a user loses three times in a row, he's banned for a month from the bot/system...

There's a but. Creating this would take pretty some time... And thus I do not know if there will be anyone creating this.
    Losing 3 games in a row isn't a big deal, but banning for that it's a retarded thing, anyway I agree with the idea of an update to our PG system.

Blog Entries
    Well, it was an example of course. But, as said, the system I suggest is outside PvPGN (Like PD). This means that we either need a new server or that PD will cooperate with us which, I suppose, will not happen.
    Yours sincerely,
    MusicDemon

My blog
    My interview

Banning for losing is cruel and unprogressive. There is already level system that works fairly well and losers (with low level) should get matched with losers accordingly! Its win-win situtation for everyone. Noobs that are just learning game are gonna get chance to learn with them alike (there will be problem with many d/c-s between them as noobs tend (but its not rule!) to have unconnectable host port but thats minor thing and not issue of this thread). Better players will get chance to play with better players and not just waste time on someone who clicked sword icon by accident. Also isn't that actually a point of whole level system? Because I dont see any other practical use of it (except the e-penis thing, he-he)...

To continue on my previoius post: I believe I'm here not talking only for myself but for majority of PG players who feel that are not yet good enough to participate in PG tours (to compete with 'elite', we all know who they are...) but appreciate games with similar skilled players. We wouldn't mind to search PG for say up to 10 minutes if that would guarantees us good matchup. But I believe it would in reality average to 0-5 mins depending what time of day it is, which really isn't much; also wc3 tends to autofocus whenever match is found so alt tabing while PG searching isn't problem (at least thats how is for me, hopefuly its not anomaly but rule). And there is like 3.5k players online in this moment on xpam... Upgrading/setting better options for PG to be more usable then today would surely popularize it more.

Also,
    Its random, sometimes u get good ally, sometimes bad one.....
    the way you say it one could get impression that there is 50-50 chance of getting noob/notnoob in pg. Thing is - I wouldn't even mind if its like that, but its more like 1-10. One in ten games will be worth of playing, and that ratio is exactly why I created this topic and why I don't like to search PG in its current state.

- editing core of our pvpgn system would take 2-3 years, considering things like server icons/forum awards take years to get working... I dont know if it would be easy or hard job since all i can code is "hello world". But i head even years ago admins were trying to fix bugs in pg etc.
    - there is 18 lvl gap (or around 18) in solo and players who are above lvl 20 or so, cant find game for days....There are just few pg players and dividing them would bring even bigger decrease imo. I think bugs are much bigger problem than this. I think i never heard complaint about this.

-
    Dude i lost 3 times in row yesterday..... What would help i think would be "equation system" like highest level will play with lowest level etc so levels 15,13,7,10 will play 15+7 vs 10+13 or due to % of wins. But it wouldnt be "random" anymore, since u know "omg that noob is searching, he will be again with me"

imba. wrote 10km post and pressed back by mistake. no way i'm rewriting that shit. I hope iv been clear enough in my posts above and hoping for a change, at least consider it in your admin circles or something like that . . ..

as i said, there will be barely any change made. It took 2 months to make ladder reset. Its like "hi Barrack Obama, lets stop war in the world", is that possible?

no

Blog Entries
    To be realistic, efko, there were made changes to the ladder games during the time that people complained that there was a waiting time over one minute... Last year, or before that one... Anyhow, banning is indeed a bit over the top...

Just remember, the more people there play, the better the balancing...
    Yours sincerely,
    MusicDemon

My blog
    My interview

Ex-Administrator
    That takes the fun away from the whole game. Back in the days, I could get matched with a lvl 1 ally against rank 1 and rank 2 RT, imagine the luxury..

It is like this in all games that involve teaming up, back from SC, to WC3, to SC2. I suggest you try to improve your gameplay to make up for your ally's mistakes, or try to help him out. In the worst case, you could politely ask him to leave, so you can control his units as well and have a greater chance of winning. Unless it's a teamkill, banning for being a noob has no real or logical fundament.

Years ago, when I was battling with dozens of very good players on the RT ladder, I would often rage and throw lightning bolts too, especially when losing a game meant I had to win about 5 others to make up for the lost xp. But looking back now, I realize it was just a game, so take it that way.

Regards,
    X.