Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Slayzer's EURO 2012 review/predictions/thoughts

Blog Entries
    Well look history btw Portugal and Denmark.
    Portugal always had problems vs Denmark like Croatia vs Ireland or Netherlands vs England.
    You're write. Portugal played good vs Germany but they didn't score ....
    Ronaldo wasn't seen all game.. only one shoot from him on goal which Noyer had big problems with that shoot.
    I'm sure that Portugal will win Denmark.
    And that Group is DEAD ROAD.

Matchday 2
    GROUP A
    Name:  rus.png
Views: 202
Size:  840 BytesRussia 4
    Name:  cze.png
Views: 197
Size:  993 BytesCzech Republic 3
    Name:  pol.png
Views: 200
Size:  835 BytesPoland 2
    Name:  gre.png
Views: 195
Size:  1.0 KBGreece 1

Name:  gre.png
Views: 195
Size:  1.0 KBGreece 1 - 2 Czech RepublicName:  cze.png
Size:  993 Bytes
    [4-5-1] ....... [4-3-2-1]
    Pre game prediction: X
    Game review
    From the very first minute it was obvious that Greece has some big problems in defense with 3 of their main players missing. Czechs scored 2 goals in first 6 minutes and defended for almost whole game. Samaras was forced to play more in the midfield than in attack, Greece did score in the first half but it was disallowed(doubtful-imo it should have stood). Not much to talk about in the second half Greece were trying to do something with long balls eventually scoring one after Peter Chech's mistake but it wasn't enough to gain a draw. I don't think Greece deserved to lose this and this defeat might knock them out of EURO. Normally Greece should be able to get a win versus Russia, but I don't see it happening Greeks lost too much energy and nerves in this game and I doubt they will be able to consolidate and get what is needed in their 3rd match. On the other hand if Rosicky doesn't recover for the game versus Poland, with fans attitude to Milan Baros I think co-hosts have great chance of advancing.
    Man of the match: Theodor Gebre Selassie[CZE]

Name:  pol.png
Views: 200
Size:  835 BytesPoland 1 - 1 RussiaName:  rus.png
Views: 202
Size:  840 Bytes
    [ 4-2-3-1 ]... [ 4-3-3 ]
    Pre game prediction: 2
    Game review
    I am extremely happy at being wrong with a prediction for this match! Russians stared as expected they were dangerous in the final third which finally paid off when Alan Dzagoev scored his 3rd goal in tournament. Poland tried to get some from counter attacks deploying their balls to Lewandowski but they couldn't reach the target, Russia however had their chances through Kerzhakov and Arshavin but both of them were selfish and supercilious as if they already won the game. That attitude could prove more costly than it was, Poland scored their equaliser through Błaszczykowski's stunning strike. If Poland play like they did in second half they have very good chance of advancing to the next round.
    Man of the match: Jakub Błaszczykowski[PL]

Hidden Text click here to show

Just watch the game, first 15 minutes... Zeus knows everyrhing. Whole game he was blinking exact spot where we were. Btw he is TR.
    Btw he is TR.
    posted by Dota94

If Poland play like what ? Poland is shit man,they also deserved to lose from Greece.They are just lucky bastards^^It was obvious deal between Poland and Russia that the game ends X.Everyone who watched the game could see that Russia in the second half didn't show any desire or will to go forward and do something in attack..Even when they tried to go forward they would simple pass the ball to the opponents,without idea what to do in attack or some pointless solo action which ended without any danger for Poland keeper.They barely moved on the field,their lines weren't connected as they were in first half so Poland had too much space for counter-attacks,any other team would punish that kind of acting from Russian team but not shitty Poland.Is that play what we use to see from Russia ?
    That's why i doubt it was settled to be X,it wasn't 1:1 because Poland is amazing team for sure.

God damn,forgive me on my english
    Last edited by mILOSbRE; 13th June 2012 at 12:46 PM.
    Znas kako se postaje sampion? Izađes na teren kada je najteze... i pobedis! ~

NIKAD PORAZ - samo lekcija! ~

Mozda ce me neko, nekad pobediti, ali ce krvariti. ~

Kad vise ne mozes, tad najvise moras! ~

To become the best, learn from best! ~
    retired dota legend
    ~XxX[Muerto]XxX

Match day 2
    Name:  den.png
Views: 190
Size:  1,012 BytesDenmark ? - ? PortugalName:  por.png
Views: 203
Size:  1.1 KB
    Pregame prediction: X
    DenmarkName:  den.png
Views: 190
Size:  1,012 Bytes
    Denmark are a good side, their main problem however might be in defense as their central backs are strong but slightly slower than Portugal's attackers. In their past matches Denmark conceded 4 goals but none of them from the great Portugesse actions, 3 were direct consequences of their mistakes and one great goal by Ronaldo from a free kick. What I like on the Denmark side is the way they play in the attack, very simple and very productive 1-2 passes and a shoot. Krohn-Dehli is a great player Roben-like perhaps with a bit less skill but very dangerous when given space(which he should have versus Portugal), in this particular match I expect more from Bendtner. Denmark won't be disappointed with a draw and trust me Portugal won't be either.
    PortugalName:  por.png
Views: 203
Size:  1.1 KB
    Portugal has to fear Denmark they qualified ahead and pushed Portugesse into play offs. Once again they have to play versus strong defense and a team that doesn't make too many mistakes. Their biggest advantage is in pace but I doubt Denmark gonna give them space to use it. For Portugal to win Ronaldo has to shine he should have few chances for long shoots. It will be much easier for Portugal if they played versus Holland in 2nd round as that is a team they can beat with counter attacks.
    Key man to watch:
    Bendtner[DK]
    Ronaldo[PT]

Name:  ned.png
Size:  916 BytesHolland ? - ? GermanyName:  ger.png
Views: 193
Size:  911 Bytes
    Pregame prediction: 2
    HollandName:  ned.png
Size:  916 Bytes
    Last game is not the only one in past few months that saw Netherlands struggling to score, they have some big problems in team and they are far from the form they had in WC 2010. It will be interesting who is Marwijk going to place in starting 11, Roben is playing really bad in recent times, Van Persi didn't do much versus Denmark, Sneijder and Van der Vaart were the only bright spots in their opening game, not enough to beat team like Germany. This game will depend more on the coach skill to rise team after defeat than on the individuals.
    GermanyName:  ger.png
Views: 193
Size:  911 Bytes
    Here is the difference between big teams and decent teams, don't expect Germany to do what Russia did in the 2nd round, they will fight they won't give Netherlands anything and I expect them to win. Even with a second line up Germany can dominate game without much sweat, however for Holland to get anything out of this will have to get possession. If they get chances, they will score, simple as that.
    Key man to watch:
    Sneijder[NL]
    Schweinsteiger[GER]

ps. I can't express how sorry I am that I won't be able to follow first match live due to exams

Just watch the game, first 15 minutes... Zeus knows everyrhing. Whole game he was blinking exact spot where we were. Btw he is TR.
    Btw he is TR.
    posted by Dota94

Well, as safe as your predictions are Slayzer, I don't see either of them happening.

Firstly, I expect Denmark and Portugal to play an even match, with Portugal scoring the goal and probably edging it. Denmark has more team-quality, but I think Portugal has to shine at one point, and this should be theirs.

Same goes for Ger-Hol game. I mean, Holland played good against Denmark, they just lacked a bit of luck. I think they could easily beat the Germans, as good as Germans are; the offensive quality of the Dutch team is bound to show.

[EDIT] I'd like to add that I expect Holland to win by at least a 2 goal margin
    Last edited by fatman69; 13th June 2012 at 08:04 PM.
    We must love one another or die.
    W.H.Auden

If you don't want a man unhappy politically, don't give him two sides to a question to worry him; give him one. Better yet, give him none.
    Ray Bradbury - Fahrenheit 451

fuck I put 10 euro on holland : (
    <Tito> oni famous igraci
    <Tito> nisu nista bolje
    <Tito> od fiku
    <BaKisS> fika>famous

Blog Entries
    it is gg for holland

Blog Entries
    Hmm, if Holland beats Portugal and Germany beats Denmark in next round, who is second??

Undefeated Mad Balls Arena champion

@Cen that would depend on goal difference. In that case only scores between those 3 teams(Holl/Port/Denm) will be counted and the goal difference in matches between themselves will decide. (Excluding matches with Germany!)

ps. I'm very tired so more predictions/reviews of tonight's matches coming tomorrow.

Btw he is TR.
    posted by Dota94

Blog Entries
    Croatia - Italy 1?

slayzer we want analysis, where the fuck are you
    <Tito> oni famous igraci
    <Tito> nisu nista bolje
    <Tito> od fiku
    <BaKisS> fika>famous

Sorry was extremely busy with exams, well no more exams for June so I will have more spare time

Name:  ukr.png
Views: 111
Size:  965 BytesUkraine ? - ? FranceName:  fra.png
Views: 113
Size:  881 Bytes
    UkraineName:  ukr.png
Size:  965 Bytes
    Urkaine were lucky to win their first match, where Sweden deserved at least a point. Ukraine has a good team and if they manage to cope with France in midfield they can hope of achieving something. Milevsky should play in this game instead of Schevechenko despite evereything.
    FranceName:  fra.png
    France have performed extremely well in recent matches they outplayed England with ease and I expect them to win versus Urkaine and secure spot in the knock-out phase. The only weakness lies in their defense.
    Key man to watch:
    Franck Ribery[FRA]
    Andriy Voronin[UA]

Btw he is TR.
    posted by Dota94

keep up with predictions m8 , ^^

Awards
    Quote Originally Posted by Slayzer View Post
    Sorry was extremely busy with exams, well no more exams for June so I will have more spare time

Name:  ukr.png
Size:  965 BytesUkraine ? - ? FranceName:  fra.png
    UkraineName:  ukr.png
Size:  965 Bytes
    Urkaine were lucky to win their first match, where Sweden deserved at least a point. Ukraine has a good team and if they manage to cope with France in midfield they can hope of achieving something. Milevsky should play in this game instead of Schevechenko despite evereything.
    FranceName:  fra.png
    France have performed extremely well in recent matches they outplayed England with ease and I expect them to win versus Urkaine and secure spot in the knock-out phase. The only weakness lies in their defense.
    Key man to watch:
    Franck Ribery[FRA]
    Andriy Voronin[UA]
    learn how to proper spell his name..

Safelist Member
    Awards

Quote Originally Posted by Cen View Post
    Hmm, if Holland beats Portugal and Germany beats Denmark in next round, who is second??
    if holland win two goals differences and germany win denmark , holland is second

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast