Thread: Eurobattle.net bot

Lightbulb Eurobattle.net bot

Hello people. I have suggestion regarding Eurobattle.net bot.
    First I want to say that Eurobattle + playdota is the best solution for good games.
    But what happens when one of two doesn't work? All the players are forced to use Garena with a lot less satisfaction. Since that playdota didn't worked for 6 days in last 2 weeks I thought that it would be good idea for eurobattle to make its own bot. I really don't know the difference between server and bot, but how hard could it be? If you made free server for so many ppl to enjoy dota and other games, bot must be kinda easier task to do.
    If you think that this task isn't possible than can you at least fix "create custom game" in the lobby. Cause it doesn't work for me and all the ppl I know. But if you do decide to make a bot, needless to say what makes good bot. It's no lag, ban list and rating chart.
    Thank you for considering my suggestion.

Blog Entries
    Eurobattle.net already have bots for leagues ( RO , CZSK , TR , Balkan ) you can join another leagues like DotaLeague

Thank you for your suggestion. Creating bots is not the problem. The problem is the maintenance of the bots/community.

Let me explain...

You will need a lot of people to make sure everything stays up to date, from coders to hacks/forum moderators. You will need to pay for the bots to host them somewhere. All the staff members of eurobattle.net have a section to take care of, this means that creating a new bot league will need a lot of dedication and a team to succeed.

If you are ready to use your time to do such a community, no one is stopping you. Playdota.eu is independent to the eurobattle staff. PD has its own staff just like eurobattle has its own staff. Think of it like a football league. We are the league, and PD is the team... This also means that we (eurobattle staff) have no idea what is happening with them and their bots. Of course, if they need help and support, we are here for that.

I hope I made the subject clearer to you. Mr.baby gave you names of a couple of leagues that run on the server, maybe some might be convenient to you. Check them out. You can find the links in our main forum page.

I am not going to close this thread. Feel free to ask any questions or suggest something else.

Good luck & have fun.
    Last edited by Taz.; 25th April 2012 at 04:14 PM.