Thread: WC3 Commentary?

WC3 Commentary?

Hi guys for few days I've tried to make a commentary of WC3, and found out that its not as easy as I thought. (I've done dota commentaries earlier, although they are much longer the thing is that at some point I have nothing to talk about in WC3 commentary.) So I was thinking if any of you guys is interested in making dual commentary please contact me on forum/server acc: TemS.Slayzer or eurobattle teamspeak: Slayzer.

Would be good if you have knowledge from Undead and Orc point of view.
    Last edited by Slayzer; 24th November 2011 at 05:31 PM.

Hidden Text click here to show

Just watch the game, first 15 minutes... Zeus knows everyrhing. Whole game he was blinking exact spot where we were. Btw he is TR.
    Btw he is TR.
    posted by Dota94

And what exactly shall you comment? Observing games etc.? PG and dota?
    Save the dramma for your mama.

Well I thought it would be nice to have some commetaries on winter PG tour, last time we only had live stream but although there were high quality games lack of comment made it a bit boring to some less skilled players, so I was thinking it might be interesting for people to have commentaries of PG.

About dota, well I've done few commentaries year ago but the problem is that dota games last for at least 50 minutes(those that are interesting for viewers) which means that FRAPS-ed files take at least some 120-150gb which is not so healthy when it comes to my PC It takes ages to upload it to YT which again has to be in pieces of 15mins due to youtube restrictions. Although since I have slightly better internet I might give it a try once more, spoken of which I won the first Dotacommentaries competition (on MistiQue) account.

Just watch the game, first 15 minutes... Zeus knows everyrhing. Whole game he was blinking exact spot where we were. Btw he is TR.
    Btw he is TR.
    posted by Dota94

Quote Originally Posted by Slayzer View Post
    FRAPS-ed files take at least some 120-150gb which is not so healthy when it comes to my PC
    why don't you convert it to normal size?

Ofc I convert it but you need that space to be able to record it at first...

Btw he is TR.
    posted by Dota94

but how u record teh sound, since fraps has creepy recording?

So far I did it with fraps, I'm not the expert in the technical part of making a commentary

Btw he is TR.
    posted by Dota94

Blog Entries
    Don't you think live commentary on stream would be better?

Undefeated Mad Balls Arena champion

Banned I'm here for more than 1 year and I am banned! I'M SUCH A NO LIFE STUPID KID!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by cen View Post
    don't you think live commentary on stream would be better?
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeussssss View Post
    davide majka ti nije baterija ali je i dalje svi pune
    Quote Originally Posted by [^RawR^] View Post
    SS is dead now, maybe it's time for Slayzer to make some new league

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

<FROM: ChaoS-_-GuarD> cao ogi ajde dodji na cosak da se samaramo
    <FROM: CRO_ZEUS> prvo reci mami da ode sa istog

@Cen, ofc but I would like to make it like weekly so we have something to entertain users not only during tournaments. Anyways I said that main goal would be to get those games on tour but that's not up to me, so I was hoping to make few commentaries so those who are responsible for tournament can tell us what they think, who knows maybe there are better casters than me(we) are.

Btw he is TR.
    posted by Dota94

Blog Entries
    I don't think commentating on random games (non tour) would interest a lot of ppl.

Live stream comm is rullz. F ya !

https://www.youtube.com/user/DrG2bad >>>>>>> Check out Pubbing with DRG and some game casts. Like subscribe & enjoy !

Blog Entries
    if u only did this 5 years ago when w3 was still alive

Quote Originally Posted by Cen View Post
    I don't think commentating on random games (non tour) would interest a lot of ppl.
    Well I don't know how much you know about WC3 community on our server but there are instant tournaments almost every day, and there are always at least 2 more than decent games that have a potential to go over average level(not only on ebnet). I think it wouldn't be much of a problem to find 1-2 games a week and cast them(we don't always have to comment new games). And of course there is a Replay of the week thread which is limitless source of quality replays.

Btw he is TR.
    posted by Dota94

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Slayzer View Post
    Well I don't know how much you know about WC3 community on our server but there are instant tournaments almost every day, and there are always at least 2 more than decent games that have a potential to go over average level(not only on ebnet). I think it wouldn't be much of a problem to find 1-2 games a week and cast them(we don't always have to comment new games). And of course there is a Replay of the week thread which is limitless source of quality replays.
    Obviously it's not a problem to have 1-2 streams a week since there are 2x more various tournaments a week.

If you want to stream some tours you should talk with the moderator who organises it, to let you obs and do a shoutout over tour-guard for you.

Major events such as winter tour on the other hand will be handled by myself, at least the ending important games. I always ask if someone wants to join over TS and commentate but only 1 person decided to do so far.. from 10 or so streams.