Thread: Anti-hack war

Anti-hack war

in regards to this: [url]http://eurobattle.net/showthread.php?t=156448[/url]

I have received the question a couple of times by now (well ok, 4), am sure other crew members did as well.
    "Does the EB crew really want to perma ban SO MANY people? All the hackers? It seems there is no one to play against anymore".

And the simple answer is, YES.

There is some reasoning to it, of course. We could "avert our eyes" a bit, give a pardon here and there; but why. Do you agree to play with cheaters and hackers for the sake of playing? It is a difficult question...
    Could it happen we "kill" the place like this, that we fall into extremes here (noone hacking but 5 people online?)
    On the other hand, maybe we can get more people from other places in this way to join us? But will we, if there are 4 out of 5 war3 players out there using hacks?
    I honestly do not know It is a bit of a gamble, but more a difficult decision taken.

Discuss.

Well, it is a difficult question, but I would prefer be 1000 users, but 20 hacking, than 10000 users, and 3000 hacking.

Bcuz it's the answer to this question: why ban hackers? well, just ban them bcuz they see whole map? well, I don't think so. Get in jail a person that killed another bcuz he used the pistol? You get it? Hackers get banned because people who play agaisnt/with them get no fun, it breaks the essence of the games (dota and w3). So, you are asking if we prefer playing 5 games a day, 4 with hackers, or playing 2 games a day without any means of hacking. We don't need that people hacking here, since mass games will be played, but no fun will be guaranteed. Why we play? To have fun, to unstress a bit, not to have 3 hackers per game while you get nervous and go report game, but most important, the game itself sucked and it was a waste of time.

My opinion **sry if bad english

Blog Entries
    Hackers should be banned, and hacking staff members should be suspended... This includes staff members from every department.
    Yours sincerely,
    MusicDemon

Retired: Technical supporter / EuroBattle Programmer.

My blog
    PvPGN Supporter (=Server software EBNet is using.)
    Warcraft III/TFT Supporter
    New Eurobattle.net pre-loader client.[
    My interview

Made my day (Last update: 03-09-2012):
    Hidden Text click here to show

Ofc we should ban hackers, and if u ban them I m sure that half of the banned one will go somewhere else and other half will remove hack and try to play honestly here.

I SIMPLY DONT GIVE A F..K
    RAGE MODE ENGAGED

Agree whit mng,only thing you shouldn't focus on banning the cheaters than banning cheating(i'm thinking you shouldn't ip ban them if they do hacks once,you should focus on banning people that used mh after getting ban for same thing)
    Last edited by kingW3; 2nd November 2011 at 01:14 PM.

Eurobattle.net Backer imprisoned's Avatar
    Hackers must be banned , no matter the cost.

Losing a hacker is a win for the server. It is a win for all the fair players.

Keep the game clean, keep it fun.

The answer to the question is yes, ofcourse. Why? Because there are thousands of clean players here, and the server shall never die, no matter of these hackers we must ban. There will always be mass clean players here, and we should enable them to have fun playing good games and leagues/tournaments, all hacks-free.

And being affraid that because of baning mass hackers server will be more empty is unnecessary
    Save the dramma for your mama.

Bjoker kicked my ass
    phantom mher. Pls ban him.