Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: WC 2014 Qualifiers

Blog Entries
    Fatman listen, for me Slaven Bilic was best coach we had. When he came as coach no one didn't know who will go out and who is in team. Bilic left great team and gameplay, Stimac has no problems what Slaven had. Croatian football history is big, at hardest time that boys did great thing , 3trd on WC , only country which won Best mover of the year , we are in top 15 15 years. But lets stop about history.
    +Match agains Serbia is moved from Osijek to Zagreb.

Banned I'm here for more than 1 year and I am banned! I'M SUCH A NO LIFE STUPID KID!

Romania got this!
    Originaly Posted by Lemnyshor (Lemn).
    Cel mai probabil daca ma injura careva o sa fac dagon si o sa-i fur toate fragurile pana isi taie venele. (Disclaimer: nu pot fi tinut responsabil pentru eventualele sinucideri ale jucatorilor romani si nu am am niciun contract activ cu posturile de televiziune.

Quote Originally Posted by MOTHERNATURESON View Post
    Fatman listen, for me Slaven Bilic was best coach we had. When he came as coach no one didn't know who will go out and who is in team. Bilic left great team and gameplay, Stimac has no problems what Slaven had. Croatian football history is big, at hardest time that boys did great thing , 3trd on WC , only country which won Best mover of the year , we are in top 15 15 years. But lets stop about history.
    +Match agains Serbia is moved from Osijek to Zagreb.
    Well, I'm not arguing Bilić was a bad coach, in fact he was a definite improvement from the old farts that used to run our national team (Barić, Kranjčar & co). In fact, here's the stuff I really loved about his reign:
    1. He introduced many new players. When Kranjčar (Cico) took us to WC in Germany, Modrić was a fringe player in our national team, he barely played a match. Under Bilić's rule, coupled with his transfer to Tottenham, he became the main man of our midfield.

2. He abolished the cult of old guard players in our national team. Before him, semi good players like Leko, Balaban, Babić were given first-team spots solely on account of their "experience". There was no way young guys could become regular first-teamers before 23 or 24 years of age. Only then would they be able to get a decent transfer abroad, as only then they became noticed. To be clear, this was not in every, but in a vast majority of cases. When you give young guys a chance, the world sees them (they don't even have to be THAT good), they have a chance of going to a decent club where they would eventually florished. I feel this is what changed with Bilić, he completely rejuvenated our squad and he kept rejuvenating it until the end. Sometimes I agreed with his changes, sometimes I didn't but it is the thought that counts.

3. He made huge attempts to bring expatriate and forgotten Croatian players playing in foreign leagues, many of whom had or still have crucial roles in our squad (see Petrić, Rakitić). Some of his attempts fell through (Cvitanić, and that guy in France whose name I can't remember), some of them didn't prove to be as successful as one would hope, but the point is, he tried.

4. He was generally a manager you couldn't hate. I mean, one could disagree with some of his decisions, but he certainly wasn't an obnoxious as many of his predecessors (see above). For fuck's sake, he was a frickin rock-star manager, but he was a real calm and decent guy.

5. He got our squad out of a slump a couple of times, first when he initially arrived, then after the WC 2010 qualifications debacle. Not a lot of managers could do that, some would probably quit.

In many respects, Štimac has a much easier task, especially as Bilić paved his way as a Golden Generation player-coach. There are only 3 things I would like to see Štimac improve upon, 3 things I always felt Bilić should have improved:

1. Adaptability - Until the game against Spain, I have never seen our squad play anything but the classic 4-4-2 in a competitive match. Sure, there were some minor alterations in friendlies, but any other alterations never really flourished. I think every squad should have several possibilities to play and should sometimes adapt themselves to the opponent, instead of stubbornly sticking to what it knows best. Perhaps this is my bias opinion, as I prefer teams to play like that, but that's how I feel.

2. Defense - Defensive players and goalies were never our strong side, but I feel our defense was always leaky, even before him, and it never really improved. I know he couldn't create or train a left-back, but we've had centrebacks playing great for their teams but always coming short when it came to our national squad.

3. Discipline - As I said, Bilić was a nice guy, and as such he couldn't completely exercise his dominance over the players. Some of them, especially older guys like Srna, get more slack and they underperform in some games. While Štimac is a mafioso and a rough-houser, I think he could put it to a good use. He doesn't have to go Felix Magath on our team, but some form of strictness would not do them any harm.

(Thanks for your kind words, Miloš, you're making me blush )
    We must love one another or die.
    W.H.Auden

If you don't want a man unhappy politically, don't give him two sides to a question to worry him; give him one. Better yet, give him none.
    Ray Bradbury - Fahrenheit 451

Things starting to get complicated in our group....What was the Serbia-Belgium game like, did Belgium deserve to win by such a high margin or...?

God knows we should have beaten Macedonia some by some 3-4 goals, but our strikers weren't too accurate.
    W.H.Auden

If you don't want a man unhappy politically, don't give him two sides to a question to worry him; give him one. Better yet, give him none.

Blog Entries
    Yep , our group is complicated now.
    Macedonia didn't play football .. they played rugby..
    Sammir was total fail and Modric wasn't so good.
    Raketa was the best
    Greek - BIh 0 - 0

I dont know why you say that things complicated, i think everything is clear now. Croatia and Belgium will fight for first place in group, everyone could predict that.

Ofc Belgium deserved to win with such a high margin, its our problem that we didn't use our chances.

Dunno what to say else :S
    Znas kako se postaje sampion? Izađes na teren kada je najteze... i pobedis! ~

NIKAD PORAZ - samo lekcija! ~

Mozda ce me neko, nekad pobediti, ali ce krvariti. ~

Kad vise ne mozes, tad najvise moras! ~

To become the best, learn from best! ~
    retired dota legend
    ~XxX[Muerto]XxX

Banned I'm here for more than 1 year and I am banned! I'M SUCH A NO LIFE STUPID KID!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mILOSbRE View Post
    Ofc Belgium deserved to win with such a high margin, its our problem that we didn't use our chances.
    obviously we didnt watch same game
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeussssss View Post
    davide majka ti nije baterija ali je i dalje svi pune
    Quote Originally Posted by [^RawR^] View Post
    SS is dead now, maybe it's time for Slayzer to make some new league

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

<FROM: ChaoS-_-GuarD> cao ogi ajde dodji na cosak da se samaramo
    <FROM: CRO_ZEUS> prvo reci mami da ode sa istog

Blog Entries
    Yep , Belgium deserved to win. Russia won Portugal 1-0
    I was disapointed because I watched game and they fucked me because again I bet on them

We watched the same game, but i don't know how you see it.

I see it like this : We had chance or two more then Belgium and we didn't scored. Belgium had less chances, but they also had two 100% chances but Brkic saved us.Football is simple game, if you use your chances = you win and if not = you cry about wasted opportunities.They used their chances, they won 3 points and they deserved it.

retired dota legend
    ~XxX[Muerto]XxX

Quote Originally Posted by MOTHERNATURESON View Post
    Yep , Belgium deserved to win. Russia won Portugal 1-0
    I was disapointed because I watched game and they fucked me because again I bet on them
    everyone knew russia will beat portugal

Blog Entries
    I will ignore you.
    Croatia is first
    Eduardo missed impossible.

Perhaps not impossible, but a lot of chance gone wasted, definitely.

Serbia definitely out of these qualifiers, and in some style, I might add. I know us Croats aren't known for peaceful football fans, but our guys are kittens compared to Serbia's barbarians. Two separate games in two separate countries, and two international incidents, both filled with racism, violent conduct and overall shame for Serbia's FA.

And what about Sweden's comeback against Germany. I thought that was impossible, especially against ze Germans...
    W.H.Auden

my friends didn't believe me (and I wouldn't too) on that GER-SWE game

Well someone took great money on that game.

What you think, what was the odd on draw when Germany took the lead 4-0 ? (live bet)

Wasn't bellow 100 for sure...

I gave up from Serbia long time ago, they don't worth of my nerves and they don't deserve any kind of attention.It would be the best thing for us, our people and other national teams to abolish Serbian representative football.

retired dota legend
    ~XxX[Muerto]XxX

I fucking agree about abolishing. They're fucking disgrace to football, not to mention brainless fans and hooliganism, which I consider really stupid. But, what to say...
    Save the dramma for your mama.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast