Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Bots automatically hosting NOTD3 + SO

Bots automatically hosting NOTD3 + SO

Probably the only accessible place left where people still play notd regularly, clan zmc in the official europe server... they have 2 hosting bots that are usually online 24/7. They have now added eurobattle.net to both of these bots so anyone from this server can also join the games.

Bot 1: zmc_bot
    This bot usually auto hosts notd3 non-stop, 24/7, unless someone with control manually use it.

Bot 2: zmc_bot2
    This bot is usually online 24/7 also. It does not automatically host anything. So it is available for starting notd SO games or notd2 games whenever.

Anyone interested can just add these 2 bots to friends to track them. Remember that these bots hosts across different servers so you will probably see someone from the europe server using them.

wow nice thing, reminds me of the old times :P I'll keep that in mind.
    How often does the first one host, and how do you control the second one?
    M.E.R.C. Nxuan
    Original NotD:SO Mapper
    Triggers/Codes/Skills

notdso.forumer.com

Get the money, win the war.

The first bot automatically hosts a new game when everyone has left the current game (I think). And if nobody the new game joins, it waits until 5 players join before it auto-starts.

For the second bot, you first need to be added the admin list for those to work.
    The main commands for example, would be:
    !load notdso
    !load notd3
    !pub notd gogogo
    !priv notd join all
    !sc (i think spoofcheck is compulsory before game start)
    !swap 1 5
    !start

The bots' home channel are channel ZMC and you would need to join that channel to find them first.

Now I tried to add them and even joined channel zmc, but there's no way to interact with them right now. As for the game hosting, I did add them in my F list, but since they don't add people, I just keep seeing "zmc_bot is in a game" and have to "/whois" them to see the game name. And, of course, I don't even know when they join/create a new game...
    Anyways, it's been hard to track them and try to join a game created by those bots for me! And since it uses different servers, it would have been useful to be able to reach players on different servers too (maybe via some test command that'll whisp the info to all players in the list?)
    M.E.R.C. Nxuan
    Triggers/Codes/Skills

notdso.forumer.com

Quote Originally Posted by Nxuann View Post
    Now I tried to add them and even joined channel zmc, but there's no way to interact with them right now. As for the game hosting, I did add them in my F list, but since they don't add people, I just keep seeing "zmc_bot is in a game" and have to "/whois" them to see the game name. And, of course, I don't even know when they join/create a new game...
    Anyways, it's been hard to track them and try to join a game created by those bots for me! And since it uses different servers, it would have been useful to be able to reach players on different servers too (maybe via some test command that'll whisp the info to all players in the list?)
    You are now added to admin list for zmc_bot2. So you can use the command !getgames to see a list of games. Whisper the command if the bot is in another channel.
    Otherwise, both the bot owners will need to log in eurobattle.net and add you to friend list.
    This random site I found lists some the bot commands:
    [url]http://www.clanwkil.com/hostbot.html[/url]

I will ask the bot1 owner if he can add you to admin list when I see him, or you can just come to the europe server to find them yourself.

Another thing is, you can use the admin command !channel clan n0td to bring the bot to channel clan n0td (I just did that). The bot says a message whenever games are hosted, so now it will show on the channel, whenever games are hosted and ended.

Bot1 is the auto-hosting (notd3) one, so until I get in touch with its owner, I guess you have to do /whois zmc_bot but the game names are always Night of the Dead #223 or something like that.

As for reaching other players and info... if you are in the channel the bot is in, you will see the those info as I mentioned above. Right now only zmc_bot2 is in channel clan n0td. I think this is the maximum extent that the bots can link players across different servers.

Could someone please kick RNV from clan and invite RVN to clan? I only used that username because RVN was taken before.

RVN added

Btw, I get the impression that the notd bot doesn't appear in the gamelist on eurobattle... or maybe it has a very low refresh rate?
    Last edited by Firebird; 27th July 2011 at 08:59 PM.
    [Oni] F*CK! I'm just about out of black ink
    [Krypton] printer?
    [Oni] No, the type I disperse to run from predators.

Quote Originally Posted by Firebird View Post

Btw, I get the impression that the notd bot doesn't appear in the gamelist on eurobattle... or maybe it has a very low refresh rate?
    I will give it a test. It might be that some of the games were hosted as private games.

To Syrus, I had an idea about a mission for TRS.
    It is a mission to retrieve item/retrieve info from the "evil marines hideout".
    It could be a random building that is secured well by evil marines. Of course the evils have some kind of advantage.
    Maybe they could be on a higher floor, giving them easy vision of their enemies like wc3.
    Or maybe it could be a stealth based mission where you have to quietly kill make your way in, killing any marines quietly without allowing them to sound the "alarm", which when sounded, will alert dozens of evil marines to the area.

I don't know if you are still even working on missions, but that is just an idea.

EDIT: another idea for a "boss creep". Not a single creep, but instead a number of them that come together or very closely. The special thing about them is that they leech the life of any marine that is near it. So just by standing next to one of them, your HP gets sucked away. I guess they should be quite weak otherwise it would be too imba. In the latter stages, make them come when there are all kinds of creeps/zombies already constantly appearing. This will be sure to cause chaos
    Last edited by Hayao; 29th July 2011 at 08:58 PM.

I had a check on the bots.

Zmc_bot which automatically hosts the notd3 games, are definitely gets the games listed on the games list on eurobattle.net. Maybe the games get hosted and start too quickly sometimes during peak hours.

The second zmc_bot2 seems to have a problem, for now. Even when public games are created, the games don't get listed on the games list on ANY server, it seems.

Zmc_bot2 should also have games shown on the games list now.

New User
    hello im Talus_MaGeWyRm the bot owner of zmc_bot2. I was made aware that apparantly games on zmc_bot (which i do not own, another member in our clan friesengeist does) doesn't show on the public list but as far as im aware it should.

As for having troubles communicating when games are being played by our core members i'm starting to get people to use a program which should be widely known in europe - mIRC. I'll be trying to get more people to idle #notd @ quakenet so that if anyone outside of their wc3 program wants to know when somethings going down, then you guys can hop on and play with us . We mostly play n3 but there is notdso mixed in during the day..but however at late night hours for us/ca (which would be very early morning for europeans) we play 95% NotDSO only.

so hopefully you can catch us on in a game it would be a blast to have ever more players ! If you have any questions just ask rvn/hayao and im sure he'll relay it to me haha

wow new tread :P sup all

we re almost active at night (europe time)

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Nxuan maybe this new mirc channel, in a way, would be the answer to having a way to reach players on different servers?

sorry for the late reply, somehow I thought I already answered...
    Anyway, I tried to connect to your notd chan on mirc but didn't find anyone. Is it still active or am I missing something?

EDIT: nvm, I found my way to the irc channel silly me!
    Last edited by Nxuann; 19th September 2011 at 08:20 PM.
    M.E.R.C. Nxuan
    Triggers/Codes/Skills

notdso.forumer.com

Hmm, just used ZMC_bot2 to host notd today with stEEm, and looks like the previous problem is still there. When you host a public game, people will see it in the game list, but after a short while it will disappear. The only way to join it is then to type the game name, but that prevents newbies to join.
    M.E.R.C. Nxuan
    Triggers/Codes/Skills

notdso.forumer.com

Quote Originally Posted by Nxuann View Post
    Hmm, just used ZMC_bot2 to host notd today with stEEm, and looks like the previous problem is still there. When you host a public game, people will see it in the game list, but after a short while it will disappear. The only way to join it is then to type the game name, but that prevents newbies to join.
    Would updating the game name refresh it and fix that problem?
    I have not tested it. I think the command to change the gn is !pub notd
    or !gn notd

Anyway, unfortunately I found out that bot 1, zmc_bot is not hosting on eurobattle.net anymore. The owner said its stupid that this server makes you activate account every month.

Also, zmc_bot2 has added some of you guys to friends list, so if you have space to add it to your f list, you should get those messages now.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast