Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: RE: I Am very dissapointing with PlayDota.eu

Blog Entries

RE: I Am very dissapointing with PlayDota.eu

@Cen; Then stop supporting PD.Eu, really guys... PD is spamming the whole gamelist with games that do never stop. We're flooded by DotA while there are still people who want to play other games. If you lowered the amount of PD bots by 50% and created some other games around it it's be more fun to play here. If people really want to place DotA then you should go to "some other server" where they dedicated the WHOLE SERVER to DotA. EBNet was meant as Warcraft III server; All games and became some lousy DotA server which is falling apart from staff / members / PD.eu staff. If you'd let PD only host their league it'd be OK enough. Enough DotA for everyone. Together with unranked games, not hosted by PD, it's OK. I'm not sure where you wanted to go with the server but, a fulling FRIENDLY DotA server? Never, not here. Get a new tactic, attract players from other games. Also, I've noticed these nice ribons next to the names of some users, where are those FUNGAMES? Never seen them back? As last; Have you even noticed that you've lost like 1000 users? I suppose they are all disappointed players... P.S.: I did a request to get a place on "some other server" ban me if you'd like, if you do so you'll miss the W3-HELP-guy, I'm really the only NON-STAFFmember who's helping more people than a whole day on forum support.

So, all together;
    1. Change the member tactics
    2. Make some managed game system
    3. Stand open for ideas, FROM YOUR MEMBERS
    4. Get a listening ear for your audience.

As last; I see more DotA games by PD than from us, the normal users. This is the highest reason I really hate DotA, it's blown into your head leaving you no other choice but to play either Melee or DotA, since no one will notice your quite well hidden Kodo Tag game.
    Yours sincerely,
    MusicDemon

Retired: Technical supporter / EuroBattle Programmer.

My blog
    PvPGN Supporter (=Server software EBNet is using.)
    Warcraft III/TFT Supporter
    New Eurobattle.net pre-loader client.[
    My interview

Made my day (Last update: 03-09-2012):
    Hidden Text click here to show

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by MusicDemon View Post
    @Cen; Then stop supporting PD.Eu, really guys... PD is spamming the whole gamelist with games that do never stop. We're flooded by DotA while there are still people who want to play other games. If you lowered the amount of PD bots by 50% and created some other games around it it's be more fun to play here. If people really want to place DotA then you should go to "some other server" where they dedicated the WHOLE SERVER to DotA. EBNet was meant as Warcraft III server; All games and became some lousy DotA server which is falling apart from staff / members / PD.eu staff. If you'd let PD only host their league it'd be OK enough. Enough DotA for everyone. Together with unranked games, not hosted by PD, it's OK. I'm not sure where you wanted to go with the server but, a fulling FRIENDLY DotA server? Never, not here. Get a new tactic, attract players from other games. Also, I've noticed these nice ribons next to the names of some users, where are those FUNGAMES? Never seen them back? As last; Have you even noticed that you've lost like 1000 users? I suppose they are all disappointed players... P.S.: I did a request to get a place on "some other server" ban me if you'd like, if you do so you'll miss the W3-HELP-guy, I'm really the only NON-STAFFmember who's helping more people than a whole day on forum support.

So, all together;
    1. Change the member tactics
    2. Make some managed game system
    3. Stand open for ideas, FROM YOUR MEMBERS
    4. Get a listening ear for your audience.

As last; I see more DotA games by PD than from us, the normal users. This is the highest reason I really hate DotA, it's blown into your head leaving you no other choice but to play either Melee or DotA, since no one will notice your quite well hidden Kodo Tag game.
    1000 users? Even more in the course of years. From dissapointment? I'd just say that game is getting really old and ppl just stop playing it. You talk against DotA so much that you don't realise that without DotA and PD, we would probably lose 2x more players from boredom. If all you see in games list is DotA it should ring some bells right? If ppl want to host dota it means it's the most popular thing on server and they want to play it. Whether games are hosted on PD or some other bot it does not really matter.
    What other games? Who from other games will come and play Warcraft III, 9 years old game? Be serious.. we have a player base which will only decrease, stop having illusions.
    I don't know about you but I still see Custom Games on the list and we just recently revived CG tours which also turned out to be ok. Sorry but we have no manpower nor skills to support CG in bigger way like dedicated leagues.. I don't even know where I'll get some JASS coders for the PG league this summer.. there is a lot of work that could be done but nobody to do it, you should probably understand that.

As for w3-help and tech support, send me a PM of your requests and I'll once and for all answer you what I can provide you and what I cannot for reasons we've been speaking about weeks ago already..

Undefeated Mad Balls Arena champion

playdota has rpg bot which is used for making other games than dota. It has bunch of maps uploaded and you can always load them and host your game using dot trigger.

to musicdeamon:

Quote Originally Posted by Herr
    No offense dude, but you failed big time.

I SIMPLY DONT GIVE A F..K
    RAGE MODE ENGAGED

dude,
    ppl are joining playdota game because its easy and instant and have own ladder.

E.g. if you want host game on your own, you need (good -no lag)HOST you need to spam/flood channel 1 hour to ppl let join your game because everyone want to play on some bot which has ladder, because if they will play on your host it will be "for fun only" - no stats recorded.....

and still you can play on country bots if you dislike pd.eu

We lost million players? because everyone is playing call of duty, and similar shit. However this game is not on the peak as years ago but still better than any other game after 10 or more years. I mean after 1 year everyone will shit on some COD4.

Eurobattle.net facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/eurobattle

this game apeared in like 2002 i think and its still not even close to die.

Quote Originally Posted by mrniceguy View Post
    to musicdeamon:

No offense dude, but you failed big time.

no offense, but you always act like a kid... ;] soo don't post here if you just wanna spam "KID".

Blog Entries
    @MrNotSoNiceGuy, according to your Bling-bling I suppose you bought people to write your sentences? They failed on two ways;
    1. My name is MusicDemon
    2. If you mean to make a word joke you fail as well, it's daemon, not deamon.

Other than that; I'm aware of the other hostable games, though, having these bots host even more DotA? As I stated; I personally don't prefer DotA because of this mass spam. I find it quite well found, however, to make leagues around such a game. The current system is like the old Dutch school system;

More time at school than actual lessons - More games than balanced games - More quantity than quality.

Don't flame me with messages like: You hate it, so you don't understand it, thus you cannot speak about it. False, I did play DotA for two weeks, in those two week (Just to clear out, it was here) I noticed that there are "medium-skilled players" doing "noob" games and flaming at these "noobs" because they "totally failed at this game"

@Efko; Chill, I know what's good about the system. Though, did you noticed that everyone creates a game for him/herself? Waiting like 5 minutes, then leaving the game? It's not managed.
    12 men create a DotA game with the same mode and versus quantities... 12 games waiting for players who, rarely, join.

@The rest; Banning etc. should be supported here, More than half of the games are hosted by PD, thus playing with the name of EBNet, which you all are aware of, plus, if I'm not wrong; PD is owned by Steff, who is a direct link to EBNet, thus representing both parties. And cannot act independent. Just a big note, I'm not saying that Steff is corrupt!
    Yours sincerely,
    MusicDemon

My blog
    My interview

I dont understand your logyc.
    Here is bot.
    Here is the person that want to play a game.
    If i like a game i host it with the bot.
    If it happens to be DotA,its what i like,and other people can come and play with me.
    If its any other map,other people can come and play with me as wel.
    If DotA is more popular then anyother game,then its hosted by more people.
    Also out of curiosity ive looked at the number of dota games and other games and seems that other maps are hosted more then dota.

Eurobattle.net cant force people to play whatever games YOU like.
    Last edited by Avalon; 27th May 2011 at 10:33 PM.

Blog Entries
    PD is owned by MyUberNick..

We do have server bans for hackers in PD too, same goes to country leagues. We just don't solve cases in our Hacks section, because we don't have to deal with this.

The rest of the things you're saying is just a side effect of the system and you can't really change anything, because it is open for everyone, thus players decide how to make it work.

Blog Entries
    Bit more managed will be appreciated. Can be closed. Thx Cen.
    Yours sincerely,
    MusicDemon

My blog
    My interview

If I will ever leave this server it will most probably be due to lack of ladder players.
    2-3 years ago It took only few seconds to find a game, now it takes minutes, sometimes more :S
    It used to be more than 100 players in w3 channel 50% of them had decent level and ladder icon.
    Today cca 40 ppl in w3 90% of them with default FTF icon or peon suggesting they are not ladder players.
    I'm aware ladder is reseted and some of them still have to gain their icon and stats back, but still...

Its safe to assume ladder died, no one can deny it, after last pro ladder tour no one is playing.
    Currently only DotA players are holding this server together still not allowing to die completly.
    Yes firstly some people lost interest over the game, some got banned and move elsewhere, some grown up, got family, jobs or other duties.
    If we - remaining ladder players, decide to quit w3 it will as I said be due to lack of ladder players.

So... dota is all that remains

I think this server will die (more than now) when dota2 comes out... It will die just bcuz 90%+ games are DotA games... and Cen, why don't you search at hiveworkshop JASS coders? That community is bigger than ours and all of them are mapmakers... just create a thread and they'll come like dogs to food, ofc it won't be easy but I believe that's the right place. And MusicDemon, what kind of games do you play here?
    If you play CG's all the time why didn't you reg for CG tours?

btw, kominterna remembered of PG, which is decaying just bcuz in around 15 times I tried to play, there is a DH, a Loading Abuse, the game dc at starts and etc. I played 0 out of 15 games which 1 I got bug lose. What happened? I got bored/mad and didn't play 2 weeks PG.
    I know it's know your (admins) fault, but just fix this mess bcuz ppl like tvjo]no[inferno make 500acc (and with similar name, just to fool us :@). Imo ban his IP...?? Anyway I'm sry for Offtopic.
    Last edited by Akhe; 28th May 2011 at 02:51 AM.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Akhetaton View Post
    I think this server will die (more than now) when dota2 comes out... It will die just bcuz 90%+ games are DotA games... and Cen, why don't you search at hiveworkshop JASS coders? That community is bigger than ours and all of them are mapmakers... just create a thread and they'll come like dogs to food, ofc it won't be easy but I believe that's the right place. And MusicDemon, what kind of games do you play here?
    If you play CG's all the time why didn't you reg for CG tours?

btw, kominterna remembered of PG, which is decaying just bcuz in around 15 times I tried to play, there is a DH, a Loading Abuse, the game dc at starts and etc. I played 0 out of 15 games which 1 I got bug lose. What happened? I got bored/mad and didn't play 2 weeks PG.
    I know it's know your (admins) fault, but just fix this mess bcuz ppl like tvjo]no[inferno make 500acc (and with similar name, just to fool us :@). Imo ban his IP...?? Anyway I'm sry for Offtopic.
    I got a reply from head administrator there, he said they're gonna help. And then silence for few months.

Quote Originally Posted by Akhetaton View Post
    tvjo]no[inferno
    ahahah that guy is awsome :awe:

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast