Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Classifying carries

look,

I'd classify carry heroes like this:
    hard carry:
    a carry whose goal is to get every single bit of gold on the map for the first 30 minutes watching only his ass, ksing, farming, getting towers, avoiding any chance of death, then after as needed he continues farm or w/e
    hero example is dusa, clinkz, void, spec

ganking carry (semy carry):
    a carry whose goal is to obtain few items by farming mid until level 6-7-8, then ganking sides thus obtaining gold from kills, these heroes usually have a big spell damage output in combination of mid-latte game potential
    heroes: potm, tinker, sf, pugna, viper, storm...

spell spamming carry (semy carry):
    a carry that usually obtains some tanking items to ensure himself of casting spells as long as possible, he farms along the way and helps in team fights when he can
    heroes: best example is necro, other good example is undying, krobe maybe, pugna(ganking-spellspaming-semy carry xDDD)

tanking carry (semy carry):
    well this is similar to spell spamming carry just his main role is to go in first and be that guy around whom all the enemy heroes gather so you can place your spells more efficient in a fight
    heroes: slardar, alcemist(kindof combination of tank and hard carry), axe, cent

I may failed horribly, but this is as I see it
    Last edited by Fika[F]; 1st May 2011 at 02:23 AM.
    <Tito> oni famous igraci
    <Tito> nisu nista bolje
    <Tito> od fiku
    <BaKisS> fika>famous

Safelist Member
    Awards
    obvious for you tay, not for others, apparently : )), i read in the guide sth like " get radi and go stop trax farm before he get too fat cuz u cant kill later " DDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

Lol, Fika, sf ganking hero? Mass pubs you play? There are no ganking carries, because all carries have to farm, not to gank all around the map.
    „Сањао сам неке чудне Србе. Причају српски, а мисле турски.“

Ok. Despite whole article being useless and mostly wrong, I start to enjoy comments here. Keep em comming.
    "First in, last out."
    the Bridgeburners

Quote Originally Posted by Uberpr0 View Post
    i heard stories that the ancient indians attached tAy to a stick and walked around pointing him to floor and when he started screaming CREEPS CREEPS! they'd find a gold mine?
    I can't hug anyone. I'm a bad person like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Pr0toSS View Post
    Lol, Fika, sf ganking hero? Mass pubs you play? There are no ganking carries, because all carries have to farm, not to gank all around the map.
    lol, after you get str pt bottle stick, you try to get doublekill on side lane if your team has disables on that lane, one stun and it's easy, you got 900 damage, after you get dagger you try to get in every teamfight there is, you farm by the way, few razes creepweave gone, you don't have to seperate time to farm

ofc all need to farm, but some do it by the way, some focus on it only

best example of gank carry is tinker, he gets lvl 7-8 and rapes side lanes, with that gold he get's bot and then it's easy
    Last edited by Fika[F]; 1st May 2011 at 02:40 PM.
    <Tito> oni famous igraci
    <Tito> nisu nista bolje
    <Tito> od fiku
    <BaKisS> fika>famous

Safelist Member
    fuck ganking, tunnel vision on creeps ftw
    Victory needs no explanation, defeat allows none.

Safelist Member
    Awards
    I prefer picking SF as semi carry, because of his aoe spells that make him mega useful in mid game, having one item only ( BKB ), he's rarely played as " carry ", and when done, he's mostly played on 3lane vs solo hero.

Quote Originally Posted by Fika[F] View Post
    lol, after you get str pt bottle stick, you try to get doublekill on side lane if your team has disables on that lane, one stun and it's easy, you got 900 damage, after you get dagger you try to get in every teamfight there is, you farm by the way, few razes creepweave gone, you don't have to seperate time to farm

ofc all need to farm, but some do it by the way, some focus on it only

best example of gank carry is tinker, he gets lvl 7-8 and rapes side lanes, with that gold he get's bot and then it's easy
    Than why Tinker have to farm BoT at least before min 10 ?
    Originally Posted by Tbk.Goldy:
    Hidden Text click here to show

: “The truth is you don't know what is going to happen tomorrow. Life is a crazy ride, and nothing is guaranteed.”

Safelist Member
    Awards
    DDDDDDDD

u play too much pub leagues

tinker farm BoT in 10 min = spec farm radi in 15 min = just leave the game : )

Quote Originally Posted by Tito View Post
    DDDDDDDD

u play too much pub leagues

tinker farm BoT in 10 min = spec farm radi in 15 min = just leave the game : )
    Than its Captain choice. He should know when to pick Tinker and when not. Btw Tito, i suggest you to see some Puppey captain replays, cuz he is one of best captains in all over the world.

: “The truth is you don't know what is going to happen tomorrow. Life is a crazy ride, and nothing is guaranteed.”

I AM IN UR GAME, MAPHACKING I'm here for more than 1 year and I am banned! I'M SUCH A NO LIFE STUPID KID!
    ^
    ^
    i just dont get why u argue with tito

i mean guy has at least 20 times more dota knowledge and xp than u xD
    [REFLECT]http://beta.eurobattle.net/staffuserbars/dotamod.png[/REFLECT]
    random ritords

ALE'S REACTIONS ON INFRACTIONS

<Psycho-> lol
    <Psycho-> ja uradim
    <Psycho-> 3 skleka
    <Psycho-> i ocu da zovem
    <Psycho-> hitnu
    <Psycho-> xD

The thing with " let your teammates die and farm " is badly explained, the thing is, you must turn your brain in carry mode, this means, if you know there is no way to escape from a battle, u don't even fight it, even if that means two of your teammates will die, you just decide not to fight that battle and tp on other line to farm, example,
    First time i agree with you 'bout something. Most important thing to do with a carry is not to die and to pick the fights were you can 100% win and get out alive.
    Last edited by [MooN]Pain; 1st May 2011 at 11:33 PM.

Originally Posted by Light_of_Hell
    U noob not know how to play LEVORIC
    u buy sange (it a slows), at lvl 4 LEVORIC criticals roshan, than aura and gg, also u can buy RADIATOR cuz looks cool in LEVORICS arm, BUROOZIA for perma critical and BATTLE FURKY for caveing enemy

Safelist Member
    Awards
    What does the captain chose, wtf are u talking about?

I have a feeling u didn't quite undestand what i said.. The possibility of tinker getting BoT on mid line, before min 10, are the same as spectre farming radiance before min 15 and if that happens, the other team must do MAJOR mistakes in order for you to win the game, ONCE AGAIN, I am talking about two SERIOUS teams playing, not some sfg startgame, or wherever u play.

At the end, what the fuck " go see some puppey replays " god damn means? He get tinker and farm bot on tinker min 7 or what?

No tito go watch pupey you noob

Quote Originally Posted by SinaQ View Post
    ^
    ^
    i just dont get why u argue with tito

i mean guy has at least 20 times more dota knowledge and xp than u xD
    First of all we are not arguing and secondly we are just speaking about Classifying carries.

What does the captain chose, wtf are u talking about?

I have a feeling u didn't quite undestand what i said.. The possibility of tinker getting BoT on mid line, before min 10, are the same as spectre farming radiance before min 15 and if that happens, the other team must do MAJOR mistakes in order for you to win the game, ONCE AGAIN, I am talking about two SERIOUS teams playing, not some sfg startgame, or wherever u play.

At the end, what the fuck " go see some puppey replays " god damn means? He get tinker and farm bot on tinker min 7 or what?
    I missunderstud that you told to me. I thought that one team pick tinker and farm BoT min 10, other team pick Spectre and farm Radi min15 and Spectre > Tink.
    Last edited by paiNISTHESHIT; 2nd May 2011 at 12:14 PM.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast