Thread: error ubuntu nvidia

Registered User I'm waiting for the email confirmation :(

error ubuntu nvidia

I found a script PlayonLinux but I'm still getting error war3.exe. .So probably does like that because driver on ubuntu10.10 doesn't supporting(I found info on a forums ubuntu) . Someone help me?

Bye the way I have nForce 630a/Gforce 7025
    I can't use step1:[url]http://www.tips5.com/to-install-graphics-drivers-on-ubuntu[/url]
    Last edited by saltcushy; 3rd December 2010 at 08:20 PM.

hmm, ages passed since i played on linux.

u wrote that first step fails. u meant
    Code:
    glxinfo | grep rendering
    or
    Code:
    sudo apt-get install...
    ?
    and what fails exactly? whats the error ?

the first command is to check if ur drivers are installed, 2nd is to install them.
    and maybe try using only wine, not any additional scripts like PlayOnLinux.
    and before installying drivers, using any method, make sure your system is up to date.
    Code:
    sudo apt-get update
    sudo apt-get upgrade
    and, when i had nvidia gpu, which had pretty good support for linux comapring to ati, best way to install drivers was 2nd method in link u gave: go to hardware drivers and mark 3rd part driver which u wanna use

aha, and maybe try changing wine version. latest(or this which u have installed) may not support wc3(but i doubt). download other versions from official WineHQ web
    Last edited by Plyvak; 4th December 2010 at 06:42 PM.

Registered User I'm waiting for the email confirmation :(

I did another, I opened folders manually, after added to reginster and just now set up
    Last edited by saltcushy; 4th December 2010 at 09:47 PM. Reason: Solved

playonlinux is a simple wine based emulator for games that support M$
    anyways the current nVidia drivers are made by random people and it isn't supported by ubuntu or playonlinux, playing w3 and making this ''euroloader'' to work together on an UNIX based system with various emulators is hard, I gave up after few failed memory injections with a launcher from some other pvpgn server, anyway gl and tell info if you made it work?

actually ubuntu do support nvidia graphic cards but limited versions all above fx 5200, about the pvpgn register , u can run it if i remember well use terminal as root go path of the register and use gedit or just run gateway editor and add xpam adress, or just use wine to install the the server installer and again wine to run wc3 as a windows application, btw that error looks like u have some missing lib into ubuntu so if depends if u have 64bit or 32 first check with apt-get lib32 and see if u already have it or not
    Last edited by Arbalest; 8th December 2010 at 09:46 PM.

anyway gl and tell info if you made it work?
    he solved it, Zhus!.

main problem is just installation of drivers, what is not a problem if u have nvidia.

And good version of wine. latest doesnt mean best for wc3.
    years ago when i played on linux, and there were version of wine around 1.0 or sth like that, dont remember exactly, which were causing dc from bnet every 1 min or so. os i needed to use elder version of wine

Banned I'm here for some weeks and I already got banned...I'm such a jerk!

Installed the driver again is helps to work without any errors. It is really very best to share here. It is best version of wine and it includes additional plug ins, it is really very much superb to work for office work.