Thread: Tetra Master v4.00 by me!

Tetra Master v4.02 by me!

Ive been away from wc3 for 5 years, now i return with a new version of the last map i created 5 years ago.

Last Update: October 05 2010

Hidden Text click here to show

Using Final Fantasy 9 for card references.
    When you first start out in Tetra Master, you must first join one of two guilds. Each guild has its unique style, and your cards abilities are determined by which guild you join. The main objective of the game is to destroy the opponent guild's sphere. Choose your hero and kill creeps or enemy heroes to obtain more money in order for you to buy or combine powerful cards or enhance the attack waves that will try to reach your opponent's guild. However your heroes cant participate directly on the attack waves.

Note: finally managed to make the map compatible with the 1.24 patch

If all goes well i will add more cards and abilities based on your suggestions (will setup of a blog later on if the map picks up a good crowd).
    Last edited by megrim; 9th October 2010 at 11:28 AM. Reason: New version : 4.02

Blog Entries
    seems promising, will check it out

Undefeated Mad Balls Arena champion

Quote Originally Posted by Cen View Post
    seems promising, will check it out
    If you find any errors let me know, the map was made pre 1.24 and i am using 4.9wc3mapoptimizer to trick wc3 into reading the codes while i figure out how to optimize the map so thats its compatible with the new patch. (A trigger may act up but they can quickly be fixed).

a little bump. new version out 4.02 which you can download from the first post. This is the most balanced version up to date of my map. Still waiting on suggestions and feedback

Blog Entries
    Here we go:
    1. Terrain and intro are very nicely made. The -tutorial is also very helpful for compete newbies like me.
    2. I'm not sure I get it...cards only give bonus to heroes? What about units?
    3. Gold income is only via killing neutrals?
    4. Neutrals respawn or they just dissapear once you kill them all?

Undefeated Mad Balls Arena champion

Quote Originally Posted by Cen View Post
    Here we go:
    1. Terrain and intro are very nicely made. The -tutorial is also very helpful for compete newbies like me.
    2. I'm not sure I get it...cards only give bonus to heroes? What about units?
    3. Gold income is only via killing neutrals?
    Each guild has a complete different gameplay:
    Warrior's Guild: Their cards are mostly hero oriented and are passive abilities (90%), however, there are cards that do provide aura type bonuses. Examples of such types are the Cactuer, Great Malboro, Kefka, and Sephiroth card, etc. Other cards provide temporal buffs such as the berserker card, which gives a buff smiliar to the roar ability. Their main focus is on stat increasing cards and damage bonuses, making them very effective against heroes and a moderated amount of creeps.

Summoner's Guild: They focus on area attacks, making them effective against multiple units. Unlike a warrior, the summoner requires tactics in order to survive against creeps and other heroes. An example of this was a match that occurred today. I was using a summoner, i met a demonhunter in the middle of the map and started to pvp, after a few hits, i had to start moving around and use hit and run tactics, use the creeps in the middle to slow him down and in the end i managed to kill him.

I could work on a guide, but i want to get as much feedback as posible and see if its worth it, i shall keep answering soon.
    EDIT: sorry, had a power outage.

You gain income by either killing creeps or killing heroes (which give you 4 times as much gold than what a creep does) or by owning a land card such as Midgar o Alexandria. Land cards cannot be bought. Midgar is dropped by one of the ogers at the center of the map and Alexandria appears in the center of the map (but it appears after a sequence of events, first the shiva card needs to be picked from the center of the map, then the Ramuh card, then the Bahamut Card, and then the Alexandria card appears. Some games pass without seeing any of these cards, others do.

Neutrals respawn after a few minutes exactly where you killed it, if you are standing where it died it wont respawn, also if you run from the creeps around your base and they follow you to one of the doors, the creep is moved to the center of the map, and when alot of these creeps get accumulated in the middle , it makes it very hard to get the cards that appear in the middle of the map.
    Last edited by megrim; 9th October 2010 at 05:25 PM. Reason: power outage.

i tried it, it comes to me like dota with those items so it didnt catch me but that music started to be annoying to me after while.

Eurobattle.net facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/eurobattle

sry spam, but since I saw this phrase I must ask how can units respawn?!
    Does it need triggers? I hate triggers -.-

Quote Originally Posted by efko.wbs View Post
    i tried it, it comes to me like dota with those items so it didnt catch me but that music started to be annoying to me after while.
    Most hero defense maps share elements in common, but i guess its easier to compare every map to dota since its the most played hero defense map. Music can be quite annoying, luckily the volumen is set in a way that you can play your own music over it. Also take in consideration this map was made over 5 years ago or so, back then dota was just coming out and i played it once and didn't like it so i cant say how much is it like that map.

Quote Originally Posted by Akhetaton View Post
    sry spam, but since I saw this phrase I must ask how can units respawn?!
    Does it need triggers? I hate triggers -.-
    Yes it needs triggers, but its quite simple:
    Code:
    Resurrection creeps
        Events
            Unit - A unit Dies
        Conditions
            (Owner of (Dying unit)) Equal to Neutral Hostile
        Actions
            Custom script:   local location revSpot
            Wait 88.00 seconds
            Special Effect - Create a special effect at (Position of (Dying unit)) using Abilities\Spells\Undead\RaiseSkeletonWarrior\RaiseSkeleton.mdl
            Unit - Create 1 (Unit-type of (Dying unit)) for Neutral Hostile at (Position of (Dying unit)) facing Default building facing degrees
            Wait 2.00 seconds
            Special Effect - Destroy (Last created special effect)

thank you very much, however didn't try yet
    I saw ur map and I kinda like (love) it
    just put some "imba" items (I dunno if has cuz didnt play till the end

Quote Originally Posted by Akhetaton View Post
    thank you very much, however didn't try yet
    I saw ur map and I kinda like (love) it
    just put some "imba" items (I dunno if has cuz didnt play till the end
    It has, let me know when you are on so we can play a few matches and teach you some stuff, although if press f9 and/or you type -tutorial ingame it will give you a quick overview of what you need to do and how to get what.

ive been busy for a few days now but does anyone has any questions or suggestions about the map?