Thread: Disconnected from the game after 00:00:01.

Exclamation Disconnected from the game after 00:00:01.

Hello, this is my first post, so I would like to say a warm hello to all you great people, who created and manage eurobattle.net.
    Now my problem is this:
    I set up my favorite Quick Game settings (Human, 1v1) and then press "Play" to get into a game. I usually find a game within 15 seconds. Now as I finish loading (and most of the times wait for the other player to finish loading), I get into the game. I see my 5 peaceful Peasants standing there, I click one of them and issue the move order, but nothing happens. Instead, a blink later the game throws a "You were disconnected" notice to me.
    Now I tried
    1) Disabling my Firewall
    2) Allowing ports and war.exe + euroloader.exe through the firewall.

None of them helped. I have a TP-Link WL-542G (something like that) router.
    But why should the router stop me from playing? I am not hosting a server, or am I?
    I can play on Custom Games just fine, with someone else hosting (haven't tried hosting myself, cause I don't have the internet for it).
    I just want to play normal Warcraft III TFT online, not some Fooooootmen or DotA mumbo-jumbo.
    Thanks for reading and I'd be grateful for any hints or tips, that might help me.
    Last edited by Atsilieri; 16th June 2010 at 12:02 AM.

So you forwarded your ports?

If not look go here [url]http://portforward.com/english/routers/port_forwarding/TP-Link/TL-WR542Gv2/Warcraft_III.htm[/url]
    Check if your ports are forwarded properly using this:
    [url]http://portforward.com/help/portcheck.htm[/url]
    (make sure 6112 to 6115 TCP and UPD are open)
    Last edited by Amoeb; 16th June 2010 at 12:52 AM. Reason: clarified

Quote Originally Posted by Atsilieri View Post
    But why should the router stop me from playing? I am not hosting a server, or am I?
    I can play on Custom Games just fine, with someone else hosting (haven't tried hosting myself, cause I don't have the internet for it).
    I just want to play normal Warcraft III TFT online, not some Fooooootmen or DotA mumbo-jumbo.
    Thanks for reading and I'd be grateful for any hints or tips, that might help me.
    :o Info!

Maybe not the router but something else stops you from playing
    Yes you have a 50% chance of hosting a server at 1 vs 1!

Did you portforward to the good IP (the static ip of your computer)

already playing on my 6th xbox 360

This made my day :')
    Please don't reply to this thread anymore if you do not know that there's a difference between a hardware cursor and a softare cursor, niceone. It might cause a mess.

Quote Originally Posted by niceone View Post
    Did you portforward to the good IP (the static ip of your computer)
    If you don't know, you can look this up by using Start > Run > cmd
    Than type ipconfig and hit return

Thanks for the fast replies.
    I was hoping it would never come to this.. Postforwarding.. I don't know the password for my router, it's tricky lol. My whole internet is free. I got my router for free, from the company who manages my internet connection. For some reason, they don't want to give me the password, I think it's linked with safety measures. "gaming" just isn't an enough reason to bother them imo. I'm gonna try to solve the problem myself, if not, I'll just accept it.
    Edit : Yeah. All those UPD and TCP ports are closed and unaccesible for me. My only chance (Atleast I think so) is to talk to a person to do it for me or beg them to give me their password. And the password aint some simple one like "qwerty", "admin" or "123456".
    Last edited by Atsilieri; 16th June 2010 at 01:40 AM.

Just ask them to open ports for you