Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Rotund'jere the Necrolyte guide by Sina

I AM IN UR GAME, MAPHACKING I'm here for more than 1 year and I am banned! I'M SUCH A NO LIFE STUPID KID!

Rotund'jere the Necrolyte guide by Sina

Slain for sins of heresy by men who declared themselves holy, death only gifted Rotund'jere with an immense wrath for the living, that he can express by sending evil spirits at his foes. Taking pleasure and growing more powerful every time a living thing dies by his hands, each step of his reeks of death, and his very presence makes living things rot and wither. Now a master of torture and pain, the Necrolyte mercilessly slays any weaklings who might cross his path, always with a nasty smile on his dead face.

Rotund'jere, the Necrolyte

1.0 Introduction
    1.1 Hero stats
    1.2 Pros and Cons
    1.3 Skills

2.0 Skill Builds
    2.1 Standard Skill Build
    2.2 Second Skill Build

3.0 Item Satisfaction
    3.1 Rejected Items
    4. Gameplay
    5. Best Allies
    6. Worst Enemies

1.0 Introduction
    Necrolyte is one of not so common all-role heroes. He can do a great job as a solo mid/other lane since his attack animation and damage are very good for last-hitting and harasing, he has Heartstopper Aura so meele heroes don't have much fun farming/laning versus him, he farm really efficient with his Death Pulse and Sadist, he can control team-fights by healing/damaging opponents, can kill enemy hero within seconds with his ultymate, so he can do a great job as a semi-carry. Because of his heal, he can do a good job baby-sitting other heroes on lane. This isn't his primary role, but, he can do it well. He has tons of Health Points so he can be a good late-game tank, so, thats it with his roles.

1.1 Hero Stats

Strength: 16 + 2.0/level
    Agility: 15 + 1.7/level
    Intelligence: 22 + 2.5/level
    Affiliation: Scourge
    Base Damage: 44-48
    Base Armour: 1.1
    Base Movespeed: 290
    Attack Range: 600

1.2 Pros and Cons
    Pros
    -High intellect gain
    -Excellent Attack Animation for LastHitting/Harasing
    -Can be played in many roles
    -Good Pusher
    -Great Performance In Team-Fights
    -Sadist allows him to stay on lane farming for a long time

Cons
    -Very Fragile hero at start
    -Needs to farm a lot since he is item dependent
    -Low armor
    -Heathstopper aura shows his presence within 1000range

1.3 Skills

Death Pulse
    The Necrolyte releases a wave of death from the core of his being, dealing damage to enemies and healing allies.
    Level 1: costs 125 mana, 8 cooldown, 400 range, damage 75, heals 50
    Level 2: costs 145 mana, 7 cooldown, 450 range, damage 125, heals 75
    Level 3: costs 165 mana, 6 cooldown, 475 range, damage 200, heals 100
    Level 4: costs 185 mana, 5 cooldown, 500 range, damage 275, heals 120
    Notes: Unavoidable in any way, spammable, main skill.

Heartstopper Aura
    The deathly air stills the hearts of his opponents, causing them to lose a percentage of their max health over time.
    Level 1: takes away 0.4% health per second
    Level 2: takes away 0.6% health per second
    Level 3: takes away 0.8% health per second
    Level 4: takes away 1% health per second

Sadist
    Reveling in death and pain, the Necrolyte regains mana for killing units.
    Level 1: 12 mana per kill
    Level 2: 24 mana per kill
    Level 3: 36 mana per kill
    Level 4: 48 mana per kill
    Notes: Good for spamming spells, works with denies.

Reaper's Scythe
    Brings a target to full realization of its own mortality, dealing damage based on how much life the target is missing. Stuns for 1.5 seconds.
    Level 1: 0.4(0.6) damage per health gone, 100(70) cooldown, 175(150) mana cost
    Level 2: 0.6(0.9) damage per health gone, 85(70) cooldown, 340 mana cost
    Level 3: 0.9(1.20) damage per health gone, 70 cooldown, 500 mana cost
    Notes: Aghanim's Scepter upgrades are in brackets, basicly can almost always kill at 25% health at level 3.
    2. Skill Builds
    2.1 Standard (recommended) skill build
    ~1 Death Pulse
    ~2 Heartstopper Aura
    ~3 Death Pulse
    ~4 Heartstopper Aura
    ~5 Death Pulse
    ~6 Reaper's Scythe
    ~7 Death Pulse
    ~8 Heartstopper Aura
    ~9 Heartstopper Aura
    ~10 Sadist
    ~11 Reaper's Scythe
    ~12 Sadist
    ~13 Sadist
    ~14 Sadist
    ~15 Stats
    ~16 Reaper's Scythe
    ~17-25
    Stats

2.1 Second Skill Build
    ~1 Death Pulse
    ~2 Sadist
    ~3 Death Pulse
    ~4 Sadist
    ~5 Death Pulse
    ~6 Reaper's Scythe
    ~7 Death Pulse
    ~8 Sadist
    ~9 Sadist
    ~10Heartstopper Aura
    ~11 Reaper's Scythe
    ~12 Heartstopper Aura
    ~13 Heartstopper Aura
    ~14 Heartstopper Aura
    ~15 Stats
    ~16 Reaper's Scythe
    ~17-25 Stats

This build is used when your aura has no real use, since your opponent is a range carry, staying back and only last-hitting creeps, so you can take early sadist and spam Death Pulse so you push towers fast.
    3.0 Items

Starting Items

Hidden Text click here to show

MidGame(Core) Items

LateGame(Luxury) Items

3.1 Rejected Items

Yes, you don't need this.

Refresher orb is what you really do not need. You have really low cooldown on ultimate later, so, this is pure no.

DPS items aren't made for Necrolyte, since he is spell damage dealer, and he doesn't do much damage by hitting opponents, this items are just no.

No,no,no. This item does not help you at all, you already have a highly effective escaping mechanism, you do not need this. Also, Mjolnir, Diffusal Blade, Manta Style, Cranium Basher and rest belong to Rejected items group.
    [REFLECT]http://beta.eurobattle.net/staffuserbars/dotamod.png[/REFLECT]
    random ritords

ALE'S REACTIONS ON INFRACTIONS

<Psycho-> lol
    <Psycho-> ja uradim
    <Psycho-> 3 skleka
    <Psycho-> i ocu da zovem
    <Psycho-> hitnu
    <Psycho-> xD

I AM IN UR GAME, MAPHACKING I'm here for more than 1 year and I am banned! I'M SUCH A NO LIFE STUPID KID!
    4. Gameplay

Early-Game

Necro is not made for ganking in early-game. So you don't really do nothing more than farming on lane, pushing towers, not letting enemy carries to farm. Necro is usually a solo mid hero, but he can be combined with many heroes, so, it's usually all about farming, also, you shouldn't get ganked, becouse you are a really easy target until you get level 9-10.

Mid-Game
    The fun starts here, if you are playing semi-carry role, you should already have farmed you boots of travel, so you start your farming on all lanes while your allies are ganking the hell out of your opponents, or, you go with them, letting a bigger carry in your team to farm, in this case, its better to take the Power Threads + Few teleports combination, saving you few hundreds of gold. You get all of your core items, and, of course, you start getting the luxury items.

Late-Game
    It's all about team-fights and succesfull ganks, so, you are with your team all the time. When you gank, don't be afraid to use ultimate since you have a low cooldown. In teamfights make sure you heal your allies as well as you damage opponents, use items you made, hex their main carry or slow their whole team with shivas, if you have pipe, make sure you buff every team-mate. You can tank the team-battles if you have your Heart + Shivas and Linkens, but, if you have some better initator, it's better to let him do the job.

5. Best Allies

Almost every hero can do a great job with Necro, so, I will add only some that really fit with him best:

Her aura and skills really help Necro a lot, especially if they are on same lane from start.

Heroes that can do a lot of burst damage help you to land your ultimate perfectly.

6.0 Worst Enemies

The invisible ganking heroes:

Heroes that can do a lot of damage and have invisibility, so they can set their ganking position perfectly.

Nukers:
    Can do a lot of burst damage in seconds, giving you no time to escape.

Silencers:

Disable your spells, and, since you are a spellcasting hero, you can't do a thing.

Worth a special mention:

Doom totally disables every kind of your usage in teamfights, so, you are nothing versus him.
    [REFLECT]http://beta.eurobattle.net/staffuserbars/dotamod.png[/REFLECT]
    random ritords

ALE'S REACTIONS ON INFRACTIONS

<Psycho-> lol
    <Psycho-> ja uradim
    <Psycho-> 3 skleka
    <Psycho-> i ocu da zovem
    <Psycho-> hitnu
    <Psycho-> xD

gj,keep up the good work xD
    i'm a horse

Rofl,you don't need aura in the beginning,maybe just one lvl..Sadist is far better than aura,cause you are focused on lh,and by that way,you can get free mana like np..Sux
    Last edited by PROTOZZ; 17th May 2010 at 07:32 PM.
    „Сањао сам неке чудне Србе. Причају српски, а мисле турски.“

write a guide for kamikaza's storm..

btw good job.

Safelist Member
    early game
    Victory needs no explanation, defeat allows none.

Radiance? Where is it?

Safelist Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TBK.Goldy View Post
    Radiance? Where is it?
    in pub
    Victory needs no explanation, defeat allows none.

Quote Originally Posted by [-NoNick-] View Post
    in pub
    Oops, sry, I thought this was pub section. My bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Pr0toSS View Post
    Rofl,you don't need aura in the beginning,maybe just one lvl..Sadist is far better than aura,cause you are focused on lh,and by that way,you can that free mana like np..Sux
    If you go vs dual lane, you will surely need to level up aura and get some hp items.

Hmm,I don't prefer Necro on dual lane..It is maybe the best tank in DotA,so he needs farm in the beginning and the best option for that is solo mid..He can handle vs any hero like np,so he should get sadist instead of aura...
    „Сањао сам неке чудне Србе. Причају српски, а мисле турски.“

Honored Member
    Blog Entries
    Necrolyte is far from a hero that can succesfully handle a double line. He doesnt have that good starting str and he got absolutely no escaping mechanisms. If he faces stunners/slowers he cant survive that easy.

About radiance... well if you wish to improve your aoe, i believe shiva is way better choice since it will dramatically increase your survivability and still provide additional damage and mana pool.

And ofcourse aura>>>sadist on start. You have a free harass that doesnt push creeps. What better you need? :P

One of worst enemies is not mentioned and that is bloodseeker. Silence + no running = dead necro.
    Last edited by eXtasY; 17th May 2010 at 09:07 PM.

Safelist Member
    Awards
    No,No,No.. listen.

There leveling of the aura depends if you have cm in team, and if you're getting a ring of basilius. If you do have the mentioned, you could go with taking the sadist starting from lvl 8 ( U need bigger level of aura ONLY when playing on solo line vs two, one more level of aura at mid doesn't mean anything, because the other hero will probably use bottle often and u wont do anything ), but that's the only case. Yes, he can handle some double lines, but that's mostly in leagues.

Safelist Member
    Awards

Max Sadist with Death Pulse so u can spell farm,Necro's animation sucks anyway.

@extasy, aura free haras? sadist = more mana = better farming that gives more mana = if ur semy skilled u will use it to harass + farm + heal urself, so IMO I rly don't see how can aure be better. Also early game heroes have like 400hp, isn't it more effective to level it latter when heroes got 1.5khp. Not to mention if your opponent is a 600 range hero...
    In my mind I have only one posible scenario for taking aura early, and taht is vs melee STR hero like roof... who has tons of hp at start and aura is very efficient in haras him.
    Also I totally agree with extasy about BS, he's and even worst enemy to necro than doom is... I mean every hero that's doomed is kinda useless, but doom got high cd, BS can silence you anytime he see's you + his ulty cd was nerfed versions ago.

And you can remove tide and tauren chieftain from the "burst damage" group since they are really not neco's worst enemy, id say actually necro > them.
    Last edited by Fika[F]; 17th May 2010 at 08:31 PM.
    <Tito> oni famous igraci
    <Tito> nisu nista bolje
    <Tito> od fiku
    <BaKisS> fika>famous

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast