Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: w3lh.dll and ubuntu.

Question w3lh.dll and ubuntu.

Hello everyone !
    I'm new on this forum and Eurobattle.
    Firstly, I apologize myself for my first message not to be one of presentation rather than a technical issue. et:

Well, yesterday, i tried to reinstall War3 Tft on my ubuntu 11.04.
    So, i install the 1.26a patch etc... and everything worked fine, the game runs perfectly !
    But when it came to install your loader that give access to your private server.
    It gave me an error : "failled to open output file"

I saw that you already spoted that, and fixed it, but pasting the "w3lh.dll" on the root of ...\Warcraft III folder didn't work for me
    To say all, this dll didn't even exist before i pasted your.
    I tried to reinstall the game, but it's still the same error, maybe a problem with the registry, i don't know...

Thx you for your time

Hi there.
    I could not use the installer either (using Arch Linux here). This means that no registry keys can be added.
    So as a solution, you can install and patch the game, as you did, but then install the previous version of Euroloader, which will add the relevant registry keys and only after that, update euroloader (using w3hl.dll).
    I hope I was clear. The issue here may be finding an older version of euroloader to patch your game.
    This solution partially worked for me. I still cannot host games on PG (I can host custom games just fine). But as long as you're not planning on playing ladder games, you should be fine.
    If you find a better solution, just let me know. I did want to play ladder games...

Okay, i'll try your solution as soon as possible.
    But, just as you are, i'm more interested in Ladder and classic gaming.
    Moreover, i read that the one giving the w3lh.dll said that there was no sound ? is this true ?

I also tried an old "gateway editor" to add manually the server.eurobattle.net to the connection list (i add the IP 188.165.23.200, knowing it by pinging the adresse before ).
    But warcraft3 client -which is the original one- answer that i must be trying to connect to a wrong network or that I have a problem with my modem.
    I guess that the euroloader client must be modified in a way that allow it to connect unidentified server ?

Cu.

EDIT : Well, I tried your tips Stunts.
    It doesn't work very well. I wonder which 'old' loader did you use.
    In fact, the old loader i used - w3_battle124bfix2.exe - is loading and actually does his job, it install the files etc... But when i launch the game by euroloader.exe it says that my version of war3 isn't the good one.
    On the other hand, if i launch the game the traditionnal way, i see the EUROPE PVPGN network in the list, but i can't connect : invalid server or modem.

Oh, another thing ! I haven't seen any archive for the old loader, don't the devs keep them ?
    Last edited by blop_; 10th June 2011 at 08:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Stunts View Post
    Hi there.
    I could not use the installer either (using Arch Linux here). This means that no registry keys can be added.
    So as a solution, you can install and patch the game, as you did, but then install the previous version of Euroloader, which will add the relevant registry keys and only after that, update euroloader (using w3hl.dll).
    I hope I was clear. The issue here may be finding an older version of euroloader to patch your game.
    This solution partially worked for me. I still cannot host games on PG (I can host custom games just fine). But as long as you're not planning on playing ladder games, you should be fine.
    If you find a better solution, just let me know. I did want to play ladder games...
    also using Arch, did what you suggest, didn't help at all. Prevfious version isntalled, but it did not make setup_1.26a_manual.exe work

So if someone has any ideas please share ;-)

I guess that he was saying to only cp "w3lh.dll" in your War3 folder after installing the old loader (but which version ?).
    The purpose of the old installer being to modify your wine registry.

Quote Originally Posted by blop_ View Post
    I guess that he was saying to only cp "w3lh.dll" in your War3 folder after installing the old loader (but which version ?).
    The purpose of the old installer being to modify your wine registry.
    Tried it also, i understood the purpose, not working.

Installer is bad...

Lightbulb

But the solution could be if some good sould uploded all the files which are changed/added by the installer setup_1.26a_manual.exe

Then we could just copy the files and avoid running the bad installer :vuvu:

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by loveyouall View Post
    But the solution could be if some good sould uploded all the files which are changed/added by the installer setup_1.26a_manual.exe

Then we could just copy the files and avoid running the bad installer :vuvu:
    Eurobattle is not allowed to share w3 files just like that. FInd a friend with windows, install it on his PC and copy the files to USB and gg.

Undefeated Mad Balls Arena champion

Thumbs up

Ok, I guess i fix my problem for now.

Since i wasn't able to properly install it on ubuntu with this version, I did a complete install (game+patch+Eurobattle) on a dual boot windows.
    It allow me to run a clean executable up to date...
    Then I used a Bnet Gateway editor to manually add the eurobattle server, which is now : 188.163.23.200 ( at ovh.net vive la France ! )
    Well this kinda works fine. I can host custom games, join other etc...

One other minors prolem that I encountered :
    Taskbar overlapping fullscreen with wine
    > you have to emulate a virtual desktop the same resolution as your screen and unselect "Allow the window manager to control the windows"

That's all folks !
    Cu & thx
    Last edited by blop_; 12th June 2011 at 08:25 PM.

Hi again.
    @blop_:
    You solution seems cleaner then my "hackish" way.
    Can you host ladder games with your method? If it's working for you I'll try to do it using Virtualbox too.

Blog Entries
    If he can host custom games, it means he can host PG too (that's true in 99% of cases).

Undefeated Mad Balls Arena champion

Like I stated above:
    I can host custom games but I get immediately disconnected on PG if it's "my turn" to host.
    That's why this is a very strange issue for me. Finding a "clean" solution would be super.
    Last edited by Stunts; 13th June 2011 at 05:48 PM. Reason: Typo

OK, so I tried blop_'s suggestion (but in virtualbox) and now I have everything working 100%. I can host on PG and custom games.
    Too bad the euroloader installer isn't working under wine, otherwise it seems like this would be a non-issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Stunts View Post
    OK, so I tried blop_'s suggestion (but in virtualbox) and now I have everything working 100%. I can host on PG and custom games.
    Too bad the euroloader installer isn't working under wine, otherwise it seems like this would be a non-issue.
    Exactly, did the same as you on the end, works fine. The instaler should really be changed, it makes no good to use stuff locked to proprietary window$.

Well, then I guess I'll meet you guys on ladder games.
    As for the installer, if any of the devs are reading this and need a linux tester I'm more than willing to volunteer for the task.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast