PDA

View Full Version : Help needed!

Trust_no1
14th January 2010, 09:27 PM
When I bought my computer I had a Maxtor harddisk. A year or 2 ago I came up with an idea to get another hd, manufactured by ExcelStor. Since recently, a month or 2 ago, I started to have problems with swapping between those 2 hd's, because I had 2 os's installed! One on Maxtor, and one on ExcelStor. Following that,my decision was to delete one os,what I did to the Maxtor's. Supposing that I don't need that 1 as a master hd, I wanted to change it to slave, but when I tried to do that, I came up with a problem saying "NTLDR is missing! Press CTRL+ALT+DEL to restart"!As if there's no presence of that hd! So the only way to reach my os on ExcelStor is to go trough Maxtor as master!!! Any solutions how to make ExcelStor the master? Any proposal will be appretiated!

Cen
14th January 2010, 11:27 PM
If I would make a blind guess, I would say it's inside BIOS configuration. But overall, no idea..

Mitsuki
14th January 2010, 11:47 PM
if i am not mistaken, except bios, it can be done through system manager.

Trust_no1
15th January 2010, 12:44 AM
I already tried both. BIOS problem is not for sure. I also tried to fix it via manager,but without success -.- ...

P.S. Forgot to mention,both of hd's have jumpers inserted!

Trust_no1
15th January 2010, 12:55 AM
Actually I afraid if I format the "C" partition,that I'll be dissabled from accessing the computer = no DotA -.-

Mitsuki
15th January 2010, 01:29 AM
In bios, select hdd with your current OS as first in list of boot devices. Disable second HDD at all

Trust_no1
15th January 2010, 06:08 PM
In bios, select hdd with your current OS as first in list of boot devices. Disable second HDD at all

Tried that already -.- As I switch to another HD as master-windows becomes unaccessable...

It looks like this- Normally when you have 2 Windows' on 2 HD's,as you choose 1 HD you can only see that Widows in select os section.
Sth happened to my pc :s and I can see both Windows' when Maxtor selected,whereas no1 is visible on ExcelStor...

kasharis
15th January 2010, 07:31 PM
Tried that already -.- As I switch to another HD as master-windows becomes unaccessable...

It looks like this- Normally when you have 2 Windows' on 2 HD's,as you choose 1 HD you can only see that Widows in select os section.
Sth happened to my pc :s and I can see both Windows' when Maxtor selected,whereas no1 is visible on ExcelStor...
buddy i got same problem i got just another ....ubuntu i have the same problem i tried with programm who shrink partirion ..... i delete secound hdd and there were problems... after that i use my Lovely cd of XP SP3 and reinstal ... and it work ... :) problem is that ... when i turn on my pc it shows 2 windows xp shrinked and gone :) it means i delete secound partirion

Trust_no1
15th January 2010, 08:08 PM
buddy i got same problem i got just another ....ubuntu i have the same problem i tried with programm who shrink partirion ..... i delete secound hdd and there were problems... after that i use my Lovely cd of XP SP3 and reinstal ... and it work ... :) problem is that ... when i turn on my pc it shows 2 windows xp shrinked and gone :) it means i delete secound partirion

That part with showing 2 Windows' I solved in System properties>Startup. U can dissable viewing another os. But I didin't quite catch up with you... You tried with a shrinker, but, as I said, I'm afraid that if u remove another hd,I'll lose access to this os...

MonaD
16th January 2010, 01:46 AM
Why the fuck you need 2 HDD?

Mitsuki
16th January 2010, 11:23 AM
I have 3 HDD.
1 for OS and program usage, 2 as a vault, 3d is external lan hdd.

To topic: you can unplug hdd with deleted OS. Insert cd with second OS boot pc from cd and repair instalation.

TBK.Goldy
16th January 2010, 01:10 PM
To topic: you can unplug hdd with deleted OS. Insert cd with second OS boot pc from cd and repair instalation.

^ This

Trust_no1
16th January 2010, 03:59 PM
I have 3 HDD.
1 for OS and program usage, 2 as a vault, 3d is external lan hdd.

Exactly! (About 3hdd)

Tried that also. It just reinstalled Windows folder...
Tnx anyway for spending time on this thread!!!

TP_MoonStar
16th January 2010, 04:40 PM
When I bought my computer I had a Maxtor harddisk. A year or 2 ago I came up with an idea to get another hd, manufactured by ExcelStor. Since recently, a month or 2 ago, I started to have problems with swapping between those 2 hd's, because I had 2 os's installed! One on Maxtor, and one on ExcelStor. Following that,my decision was to delete one os,what I did to the Maxtor's. Supposing that I don't need that 1 as a master hd, I wanted to change it to slave, but when I tried to do that, I came up with a problem saying "NTLDR is missing! Press CTRL+ALT+DEL to restart"!As if there's no presence of that hd! So the only way to reach my os on ExcelStor is to go trough Maxtor as master!!! Any solutions how to make ExcelStor the master? Any proposal will be appretiated!

http://m-ntldrismissing.blogspot.com/

Note: You could just edit the boot ini file on windows folder or just unplug all cables/floppy/hd/dvd/cd/printer etc and turn it on and config bios again.Then plug again and turn it on.

PS:This NTLDR error is a common error message for old computers bios when you have somenthing on floppy/dvd 'stucked'.