PDA

View Full Version : Kawasaki z1000 or 650r

KeweLi
14th January 2010, 11:56 AM
I am going to get either one this year, can't decide which is more worthy cause the z1000 is $3000US more but lighter and better. But the 650R is already pretty decent.

I know there are some motorbike fans around here. :read:

ProfileScorp
14th January 2010, 01:25 PM
doesnt matter, they both take u to the same place :ph34r:

Mladenus
14th January 2010, 01:39 PM
Well, it depends from how much experience you got on bikes. If it's a first, or second bike, I wouldn't suggest Z1000.

However, if you have some experience with bikes, Z1000 is good for you.

If I'd have to chose from this one, I'd take Ninja. I guess 650cc is enough for me. :)

Btw, whichever you took, good luck with it, have fun as I would. :) And drive safely. ;)

efko.wbs
14th January 2010, 02:58 PM
I was making driving licence on honda 125r a it was a great bike,(if it will be possible mby in future i will buy that one) however its not killer-like bike (not whole town know that u are driving). I would choose smaller bike which is let say more portable/ less petrol consuming.
Everywhere i listen that xyz died coz of crash with some rocket bike.

KeweLi
14th January 2010, 03:17 PM
The z1000 just released a 2010 model. I am thinking if I get 650r... there might be a new model of that soon after.

I don't plan to take it out for long rides everyday. But yeah, I am aware of all the safety procedures and gear :D

Mladenus
14th January 2010, 03:36 PM
I was making driving licence on honda 125r a it was a great bike,(if it will be possible mby in future i will buy that one) however its not killer-like bike (not whole town know that u are driving). I would choose smaller bike which is let say more portable/ less petrol consuming.
Everywhere i listen that xyz died coz of crash with some rocket bike.

Well, Efko, bikes are made for petrol consuming. :)

The z1000 just released a 2010 model. I am thinking if I get 650r... there might be a new model of that soon after.

I don't plan to take it out for long rides everyday. But yeah, I am aware of all the safety procedures and gear :D

Have you considered taking some another bike maybe, Keweli?

Nobber708
14th January 2010, 08:08 PM
Kawasaki, on of my favorites :)

efko, I got a Honda 125 cbr now ^^

Im going to take driving licence for bigger bikes this spring :)

hmm, I think I would take the Ninja(I always liked Ninja)
But z1000 is also nice...

and ofc it depends on the color too :)

But I say Ninja :)

Cen
14th January 2010, 09:06 PM
I am not a biker or sth, never rode one but....as an moto atheist...I suggest you to get ninja. Looks way more imba (btw, provide correct pics so I don't get bad google pics) :p

KeweLi
15th January 2010, 12:29 AM
Have you considered taking some another bike maybe, Keweli?

No, I am strictly getting a Kawasaki even though Yamaha and BMW are good. The only other model I am interested in is the Ninja ZX-14 which is another $4000 more than z1000. It is also too powerful for someone like me.

@Klemen - The z1000 looks better for me, and has sharper turning and acceleration. Here are some accurate pics anyway...

Ninja 650r:
http://edgeperformance.ca/kawasakistreettouring/images/kawasakistreettouring/2009_Kawasaki_Ninja_650R.png

z1000 (2010 version):
http://www.motocafe.ru/images/stories/news_motocycles/news_032/kawasaki_2008_Z1000.jpg

Ninja zx-14:
http://www.indiaon2wheels.com/pics/ninja-zx-14-monster-energy.jpg

JoLpAz
15th January 2010, 01:19 AM
rly have no idea about motorbikes but the last one looks pretty cool ;)

Mladenus
15th January 2010, 01:31 AM
Really, if not the ZX-14, take Ninja. :)

So, my final vote goes to Ninja. ;)

Btw, I expect some pics when you take it! And one more time, good luck with it!

DragonSlayer
16th January 2010, 11:11 PM
Well,
I don't see the most important thing in this topic, and that is the question about your past experience with motorcycles.
I am a motorcycle fan and i try out most of available bikes. To be honest if you are new to this kind of fun i would recommend thinking about something else than kawasaki.( there is another thing, from my experience kawasaki have really bad quality, and they are always a little behind all other brands).
I have alot real life examples, my friends are stunters they torture alot of bikes, and what i can say is that kawasaki have the biggest amount of technical failures. There is always something wrong with them.
If you are kawasaki fan than go for it because i won't flame you for that, its just that you need to be aware that there is a big chance that after couple years of using the bike it will start to get expensive to maintain it repairing all needed stuff.
If you have some experience all of this bikes will be ok.
On your place i would check out what offer suzuki or honda.
Also you need to know one thing.
If you are buying the bike, never ever buy the new redizined model, cause it will have alot of problems, the reason for that is when bike is new 1st and 2nd year of production of new model is some kind of test. For example look at Yamaha R1 2009 , it was almost completly changed comparing to older ones. And ofcourse it is great, crazy technology and stuff but on another side all this new stuff was never tested for a long time in normal conditions and some parts do fail already(electricity etc.)
Honda and new 1000rr from 2008year reworked completly their flagship.
The bike is stunning, for me also looks great, the only problem is that since its a new construction there is a big engine problem(eating oil like crazy).

All of this problems ofc will be solved in next years but peoples who get them already, need to live with this.
So my opinion is to always buy bike that is already at least 3years on the market, and it is reliable.
Sorry for the mess :P

Tell me what is your experience with bikes so i can hlp some more :)

KeweLi
18th January 2010, 09:39 AM
Ok, just to make things clear... I am definitely choosing Kawasaki because it is what I dreamed of having 2-3 years ago. Now that I am a bit older and earning money, I am excited to fulfill it :)

I guess you are right about choosing something a few years older. The Ninja 250R is actually enough for me considering my experience is relatively low. Basically I haven't had proper training. Back in Hong Kong I learnt to ride myself illegally with my friend's Kawasaki ER-6N. I am thinking that if I can pass the test for a license here in Australia, I should be good enough.
The thing about the z1000 or 650r for me is that they are just too beautiful. I stop and stare the whole way when I see someone riding it on the streets.

So, just out of interest, what style bikes do you like to ride?

DragonSlayer
18th January 2010, 02:34 PM
sport bikes :) and stunt ( i am a noob tho :P )
From my experience if you earning cash, buy 1st something kinda small get used to riding, and after a year or so sell the old bike and buy something you always wanted. You will see how big difference it will make. Your confidence will be much higher and you wont be scared to ride your own bike.
Many peoples dont understand that even the best drivers start from small stuff. MotoGP guys started with 125cm3. Smaller bike can forgive alot more on road. The only thing i wanna ask is how tall are you? Kawasaki 250R is ok bike , its not slow at all, good for 1st one, the only problem is that if you are tall you would need to sit on it 1st to check if its not too small for you(sometimes its a problem when your legs are blocking your arms :D )
For 1st bike i would recommend buying used bike, gonna be much cheaper and you wont stress yourself that you will crash it.(and belive me you will, cause everyone does sooner or later, you will never learn untill you fall down :P ).
To be honest if you wanna ride stricte for fun buy whatever u like, if u wanna be a good rider, buy some even older crap learn how to ride, even add crashcage on the bike so you wont stress yourself at all. Remember about good gear and Have fun :)
IF you have some other questions msg me on msn will be easier for me to help you.

[VIP]^Pwn^GOD
6th February 2010, 02:04 AM
i have a Husqvarna 610 sm :P

KeweLi
14th October 2010, 01:11 AM
I may be a bit late, but I said I would post pics :happy:

Cen
14th October 2010, 03:23 AM
very kewl keweli

nice from your to remember on us from time to time who are still suffering here :D

:beer2:

Pushed it to the limit alrdy? ^^