PDA

View Full Version : Avatar

Cen
12th January 2010, 04:42 PM
Abnyone have seen it? Is it really as good as they say? Feedback please!

obey.my.dreamz
13th January 2010, 04:57 AM
yea, and it's even better!

TBK.Goldy
13th January 2010, 08:46 AM
Okay, seen it 2 times...

1. Titanic-like story (James Cameron involved , the maker of Titanic)
2. I will try not to spoil
3. the movie has two perspectives; the first part of the movie is a hard core futuristic human story including space travel and the wish to conquer space and more territories. The main role actor is trying to do something for his future (can say what, not to spoil), and it seems he got his chance. The second part of the movie is a beautiful love story, with those two parts totally coliding in the end - giving a deserving end.

Recap;

Pros; -envirnoment, -storyline, -lovestory, -ending, -details of human emotions.

Cons; -avatar project idea, -some lame moments, -after suffocating with some parts, the other pass too quickly, -you can predict some parts

grade; 9/10

I reccommend watching. They say it's the most expensive movie in the history of the cinematography, one scene took over 30 hours to make... by computer ofc.

SPOILER ALERT

The best part of the movie for me (besides the love story) was the moment where the main character after running digs his toes into dirt (just in the beginning) - epic moment, one of the best i've ever seen in a movie. A must see.

Focused
13th January 2010, 05:34 PM
cen watch the movie its very very good :))
btw : goldy good review xD

[-NoNick-]
13th January 2010, 05:50 PM
http://failblog.files.wordpress.com/2010/01/epic-fail-avatar-plot-fail.jpg

Bonzy
13th January 2010, 08:04 PM
It is exactly the same story as Pocahontas , just changed few names and a planet , and I am not joking : d

But the point is not in the story , but watching with 3D goggles , so you can be blown away by all the effects that are pure evil shit win.

Focused
14th January 2010, 01:37 AM
;1058969']http://failblog.files.wordpress.com/2010/01/epic-fail-avatar-plot-fail.jpg

haters :) :tiphat:

Ludwiczek
14th January 2010, 07:59 PM
me was on Avatar 3D dolby digital 3k

great movie imo, especialy from technical and details point of view, overalll great too

no listen haters/lovers just go and try it yourself!

-kEkA-
14th January 2010, 08:53 PM
Attention, movie named Avatar causes, according to fans, a depression!
A link to an article here (http://www.straitstimes.com/BreakingNews/Lifestyle/Story/STIStory_477251.html).

What do you think about it?
My opinion is that is a big bullshit, but the number of those kind of fans grows with each day more and more.

Focused
14th January 2010, 09:41 PM
Attention, movie named Avatar causes, according to fans, a depression!
A link to an article here (http://www.straitstimes.com/BreakingNews/Lifestyle/Story/STIStory_477251.html).

What do you think about it?
My opinion is that is a big bullshit, but the number of those kind of fans grows with each day more and more.

weak minded kids get depressed that they cant travel in space , cant find love etc etc etc etc :D lameee :))

so yea .. big bullshit xD

-kEkA-
14th January 2010, 10:11 PM
The worst part is, those are not all kids, and some of them wants to kill them self so they can 'born' again when that time comes.

efko.wbs
14th January 2010, 10:30 PM
Sorry but,
avatar is the most shit movie that i have ever seen, i was looking forward to see some uber best imba super movie as my friends told me.
Start(first 5 minutes mby) was like OK, but so far i watched it 30 minutes came little retarded to me. It was like mixture of warcraft,matrix,starwars and mby transformers...
Soldiers were fighting vs some elfs, everything unreal (forest lighting. dinosaurus with hammer instead nose etc)
And i viewed the end... most rofl was- love story :D some man fell in love with that elf....I wouldnt give 1 cent for that.

Ludwiczek
14th January 2010, 10:35 PM
Dunno about normal version in normal cinema (2D) probably not bad 2, but if wanna take full expiriences and pleasure from watching, 3D cinema is best choice.
In Polish cinemas we can choose, between 4 versions:
1) Avatar // normal movie, normal cinema 2D
2) Avatar 3D DMR // 3D version for IMAX 3D Cinemas, converted specialt for IMAX standards
3) Avatar 3D Dolby Digital 2k // 3D version in Digital 3D cinemas
4) Avatar 3D Dolby Digital 3k // 3D version in Digital 3D cinemas
2k or 3k is probably technical parts about pixel or sth size/resoultion

http://s.blomedia.pl/hdtvmania.pl/978/Rozdzielczosci_Red.jpg

(http://magazine.creativecow.net/article/the-truth-about-2k-4k-the-future-of-pixels)
making avatar autors made it for 3D dolby digital, so in 3D IMAX Cinemas this movie looks much worse then in dolby digital 3D standard

Cons; -avatar project idea
in my opinion its not cons, but everybody can have own feelings :)

Like i said, great movie, i was on it with my GF and her feelings are same - great movie - we probably go one more time, if will have a time.

Sorry but,
avatar is the most shit movie that i have ever seen
if its not pure provocation 2 discous from your side, but your honest opinion.... ----> you are stupid :tiphat:

you can say own opinion, own feelings, point of view, but for faking sake....
calling this movie as 'the most shit movie that i have ever seen' making you stupid or dumb in my mind....

even if not you like this kind of story, this ideas., this effects, all of this, you cant say this is shhhiit

Focused
14th January 2010, 10:44 PM
Sorry but,
avatar is the most shit movie that i have ever seen, i was looking forward to see some uber best imba super movie as my friends told me.
Start(first 5 minutes mby) was like OK, but so far i watched it 30 minutes came little retarded to me. It was like mixture of warcraft,matrix,starwars and mby transformers...
Soldiers were fighting vs some elfs, everything unreal (forest lighting. dinosaurus with hammer instead nose etc)
And i viewed the end... most rofl was- love story :D some man fell in love with that elf....I wouldnt give 1 cent for that.

what kind of movies do you watch ?

efko.wbs
15th January 2010, 12:03 AM
action, thrillers, horrors, comedies, documentary

Focused
15th January 2010, 12:06 AM
well avatar is not for u efko :)) go watch saw 1-3 .. 4 + are stupid :D
or watch zombieland ( good movie ) :D
or watch shaun of the dead D:

Mitsuki
15th January 2010, 01:08 AM
1/10 from me. 1 for graphic and 3d.

ProfileScorp
15th January 2010, 04:11 AM
cant w8 to go see it on imax :D

Ludwiczek
15th January 2010, 11:26 AM
cant w8 to go see it on imax :D
you saw my post?

2) Avatar 3D DMR // 3D version for IMAX 3D Cinemas, converted specialt for IMAX standards
3) Avatar 3D Dolby Digital 2k // 3D version in Digital 3D cinemas

making avatar autors made it for 3D dolby digital, so in 3D IMAX Cinemas this movie looks much worse then in dolby digital 3D standard

pec
15th January 2010, 01:52 PM
/wintopic
http://img696.imageshack.us/img696/3148/avatarlk.jpg

demon-storm
15th January 2010, 03:06 PM
the movie was really nice, best I've seen so far.
I have seen it 3D.
Overall it was a good movie, maybe better than LOTR.

ProfileScorp
15th January 2010, 03:48 PM
i seen ur post but dunnow if we have dolby digital.. i must check at our cinema :D

Ludwiczek
15th January 2010, 04:21 PM
btw now i heart about.....
2 kind od IMAX.... old analog imax and new imax digital xD

this faken world cant be more simple??? :D

exampele:
Imax frame vs normal frame... probably in imax, or some of imax, avatar 3D is not on full screen pfff. black strips up/down and left/right...
http://img686.imageshack.us/img686/9968/ekranimax2.jpg

and in dolby digital, subtitles are better, hmm some kind of mobile, in imax its static and big, looks worse

its mayby funny, but we long time wait for this, and dont have much time, so when we ready to go, we checked all technical info, where will be best viewed :P
and we choose new, just builded shopping center in Cinema City Dolby Digital 3D 3K

duno about 4k and 5k cinemas, exits or not?
3k is like 2x full HD 1080p :P

paiNISTHESHIT
17th January 2010, 03:07 PM
i disslike it... ):

Cen
8th February 2010, 09:46 PM
Watched it by myself in 3D today.

1. I am impressed by the art and the landscape. It's very beautiful and there was defenetly a lot of work with it.
2. 3D glasses make the whole picture darker. Sux? Anyway, 3D effects are just fine, but I could survive without.
3. The whole story is preety good in it's core (idea etc), but...it turns out it's just another dumb love story when some noob get's imba (hmm I am positive I've seen this before), doing some tests and so on...80% of the movie is just showing landscape, animals and the effects, story is put aside. Sometimes, it like "these are facts, we have no time for explanation, just accept it"...the movie get's to the point asap in 10 minutes. Too much new info to handle...there should be some more background, especially when talking about Navi's history and culture.

Mladenus
10th February 2010, 01:56 PM
Typical example of the movie that made money with commercials and not quality. Same goes for 2012.

ProfileScorp
10th February 2010, 04:56 PM
dont understand what u people have against 2012 :p

.app.approveD.
6th March 2010, 11:51 PM
(: ... anyone watched 2012 movie ? hahhhhhah

Lowlife
7th March 2010, 10:36 PM
2012 is the worst movie evar
I'm so glad that I didn't go to the cinema for that
wolfman is funny
:p

altough, my gf didn't really like me laughing
:oops:

ProfileScorp
8th March 2010, 09:48 PM
2012 is best special effects movies ever made, after avatar
im so glad i went to the cinema at both of them, and that i didnt see it like u guys on laptop and then saying i dont like it :D

Mladenus
8th March 2010, 10:32 PM
So, special effects make movies? Ok, good to know.

Cen
8th March 2010, 10:40 PM
Not at all...not at all my friend.

ArtecK
20th March 2010, 06:37 PM

0wnage
22nd March 2010, 09:17 PM

[RO]Claudiu
22nd March 2010, 09:26 PM
at first i thaught its boring and not worth watching ... but then i saw this awesome preview (http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/524391) and thaught to watch it :D

LuDa_KinG
22nd March 2010, 09:48 PM
Hahahahahahahahahah thats Imba :D