PDA

View Full Version : Some minimum of respect please ?

Taz.
20th December 2009, 06:25 PM
I dont know if anyone realized other then me, but some people here are exgerating.

http://eurobattle.net/showthread.php?t=93324&page=16
http://eurobattle.net/showthread.php?t=93324&page=17

Cant anyone have a minimum of respect to some religions ? I mean, its something that shoudnt be joked about, not in any occasion. It shoudnt be something we can make a fun out of...

I dont wanna say names, its clear and im not accusing anyone. I just got rly offended by the way some ppl here take stuff for granted...

I hope some crew member will wake up and do something...

Thanks....

MiZiGe
20th December 2009, 06:50 PM
well, I found http://eurobattle.net/showpost.php?p=1047536&postcount=249 far far worse.

But since this is the interwebz, I gave up long ago to try to explain to people that they are just stupid....

because knowledge -> understanding
without knowledge people are just stupid aggressive ignorants.
It really makes me sad that there are stupid people like that.

@Taz.: those "religious" jokes are not disrespectfull in my opinion, or if they are, it is OK - if we cannot make fun out of stuff anymore, we are braindead.

Cen
20th December 2009, 06:52 PM
I'm a christian and I didn't feel offended by the pics... it's just a joke.. I believe that if you don't intend to insult the religion it's not a crime. The first pic-Jesus with a Gun was a contra pic to Death, in a funny way. It didn't mean "Jesus was a killer" or something...that's the whole point of the Picture vs Picture.

Aegis also has nothing to do with Jesus...how could you insult religion by putting aegis in Jesus's hand? Ok, inapropriate use of symbols...but there are tons of such pics out there and if you feel ofended by each one of them you would've died by now. Watch few episodes of South Park...Cartman is anti-jew but at the same time, he's represented as a moron..

Taz.
20th December 2009, 07:00 PM
See.. you dont understand my point.

It doesnt mean that you did not get offended that means its okay to post such things. Some do get offended.

All im asking is to have a minimum of respect.. nothing more..

Example: If one does a joke about jews, well get out of shakars way. Imo, this too is wrong (jew jokes). That was just a joke, imagine a pic of Jesus with some idiotic joke.

MiZiGe
20th December 2009, 07:19 PM
imo you are pushing political correctness waaaaaay to far...lets ban all jokes, what if someone gets offended?

Cen
20th December 2009, 07:41 PM
Our school priest pokes jokes about priests... there is a limit, but I don't think any of these pics crossed it.

Smurf
21st December 2009, 11:01 AM
I for one don't think he's pushing it too far.
He's right,those pictures are a bit off limits,not 'cut his head off' off-limits,but still..they could upset some religious people.
It's best if we avoid that kind of things in the future.
For now,posts will be deleted and you should consider yourself notified for the future.
:tclosed: