PDA

View Full Version : a university project

kranz
17th December 2009, 06:29 PM
Hi

I'm looking for volunteers who would like to take part in the university project I have to perform. I study english philology at Univ. of Silesia, Poland. The project is called "A cross-cultural investigation of speech act realization patterns" and to cut long story short its aim is to compare different ways of "requesting". The target groups are both native and non-native speakers of the English language. The test is pretty short-5 examples are inside the .doc file, you just have to read the instructions and follow them. No personal data is being collected except for the country of origin which will indicate whether you are a native sp. or not(if you are a native speaker but you live abroad please write that down) After giving the answers you are kindly reguested to send the file to me(e-mail address given at the bottom of the file). I would be glad if you could help me.Thank you.

Tito
17th December 2009, 07:06 PM
Just make up 500 answers by yourself, if u need emails too, copy your msn list.

MiZiGe
17th December 2009, 07:36 PM
done. I would work on the formulation of questions, or set an age quota on people who will participate...

Lowlife
17th December 2009, 07:38 PM
thanks for giving me the chance to be an ass on university level

Focused
17th December 2009, 07:55 PM
i sent you one :D

kranz
17th December 2009, 08:50 PM
done. I would work on the formulation of questions, or set an age quota on people who will participate...

yeah, I know what you mean but actually the example we think of wasn't made by me.(my friend made it). It is generaly about the different types/ways of formulating requests so there are no bad answers here. You just show how would you ask/behave in a particular situation. What is more it is anonymous. Thanks for all those who took part-the deadline is sth like 3 weeks so you can take it easy and think about your answers(I mean those who would like to fill it in)

Fika[F]
17th December 2009, 09:26 PM
thanks for giving me the chance to be an ass on university level

lol, nice one