PDA

View Full Version : 1.24c

Psykeeper
9th December 2009, 02:22 AM
Is eurobattle going to update server to 1.24c patch any soon?
sorry for bad english.

Cen
9th December 2009, 08:03 AM
As much as I know it won't be soon.

Psykeeper
9th December 2009, 12:27 PM
ok thank you for info

TP_MoonStar
9th December 2009, 04:59 PM
Unlike blizzard, i wont make players pass through the hell of patching their game on december/january.

We will only update to 1.24c after new year.

Sit down and relax enjoying your game on our server while we make everything more confortable for you.

TP_MoonStar.

Tecktonik.
9th December 2009, 05:15 PM
:cool2: after new year 24h battlenet :)

BorisPeace
16th December 2009, 02:01 PM
Unlike blizzard, i wont make players pass through the hell of patching their game on december/january.

We will only update to 1.24c after new year.

Sit down and relax enjoying your game on our server while we make everything more confortable for you.

TP_MoonStar.

How is Blizzard making players pass through Hell? I play on Northrend and Eurobattle.. The process of updating to 1.24c was really easy? Imo Eurobattle forumers are just lazy or lacking the ability to create a patch for 1.24c right now..

Imo it's Eurobattle that makes people pass through Hell. Always late updates, Trojan filled downloads.. I had to shut down my anti-virus system just to play on Eurobattle, since it found and deleted the files that had the Trojan virus (which came exactly from this site; the update of the programme 'eb'.

I believe achieving something is more valuable than just accusing Blizzard.

MiZiGe
16th December 2009, 02:19 PM
So, you register just for saying this? Thank you very much for your effort.

Let me explain to you, the same way we did to others:

1. There is a huge difference between a gameplay critical update, an update that introduces new features, or, as in this case, an update that a) fixes bugs from previous update and b) fixes bugs in WE.
If you feel you need the update urgently to play on eurobattle.net, let us know why, we always aim to help as much as we can.

2. There are no viruses or trojans in the software we provide. Some antiviral software identify the eurobattle.net loader as a possible threat because and ONLY because of the way it works. This is a so called false positive, has been reported over and over to most of the security boards of the bigger AVs. However, some of those AVs just do not work that good with feedback from third parties.

3. Eurobattle.net has no paid team of coders and programmes, unlike blizzard, and it is done, created and developed by contributions from its members; in their own free time. If you feel there are spaces to fill, you are welcome with your contribution. This does not mean, however, that our work is of low or lower quality, nor that we do not heed to our players requirements. I am only implying to things by this. First, we will always be "late" because we have to work only AFTER the patch is published, and second is, that our priorities may and will differ from those of Blizzard.

4. Yes, it is hell. Unasked-for patching makes it difficult to create stable and back- and forward compatible custom maps or W3 related projects.

It is a real offence from someone just coming here, boasting a lot of crap, if you want me to put it this way. Please either work with your attitude a bit, or remove your self from these forums.

paiNISTHESHIT
16th December 2009, 02:42 PM
We need to do it... many players have installer 1.24c and they just play at garena or somewhere else... :D

MiZiGe
16th December 2009, 02:57 PM
yeah, I can see that, there are many ppl that play on several platforms "simultaneously"
Only current workaround for those who wish to play here as well is a version switcher, at the moment.

Cen
16th December 2009, 05:32 PM
Just one more thing I want to add to point 4, since mizi explained really nice.

You maybe did not feel any problems updating on north, but that's mostly because you're just a regular player. If you knew how many problems appeared after 1.24x patch with custom maps, you wouldn't repeat your words. Many custom maps simply stopped working, and the only sites that somehow explained how to fix the problems were unofficial warcraft communities. Except the best map creators that actually knew what the changes are, all other mappers were left in dark.

And why is server update always late? If the new loader would be released after 1.24 came out, there would have to be another one in very short time for 1.24b. Why would you bother thousands of players downloading and installing new loader twice, if you could wait a bit and do it only once? Doing it 2 times instead of once would bring 2x more errors and even bigger chaos in a time period of a month.

BorisPeace
16th December 2009, 10:45 PM
@ Mizige

First of all: I thank you. Yours is truly the first post I've seen to be called somewhat civilized.

This may be my first post but you see my join date - which is two months earlier. I actually joined to check out the forum; but I still fail to find another sophisticated forum as www.playdota.com.

To 1:
What you say is true; however that doesn't mean bug fixes aren't important. Most of the Wc3 community plays either ladder or DotA. But it's not limited to these. Yes it's true Blizzard probably wouldn't mind these bugs (at least till 1.25) and it was the campaign crash that led to this early update. Now what do you suggest to people who would like to finish the campaign and also play on eurobattle?

To 2:
Ok, then I'll take your word for that.

To 3: Again, true; and probably the main factor. This is acceptable; if it was put this way. Check TP_Moonstar's post and you'll see what I mean. If I can -in any way- help to contribute; I will. Just tell me what needs to be done.

To 4: You make it seem like Blizzard makes new patches just to make people miserable. Then those maps should be remade to fit the new patch; which is the most proficient way in my opinion. Updates mean progress, and a map left behind probably wasn't up for it anyway. The only problem I see here is replays, which can be turned to .avi files (or sth else for that matter) with third party software.

@ Cen

I'm a mapmaker myself thank you. I'm aware of the problems you mention; which aren't that hard to overcome but still gives the programmer some headache; but imo you fail to understand that these are necessary in order to advance, in order to progress. And I can't explain how much I disagree with the second part of your post. Imo as a community it's Eurobattle's respectful duty to keep the users updated. That is actually what I would refer to as laziness. A new patch comes out - meaning Blizzard says this is necessary now. I can understand you disagreeing with this; but imo you're just prohibiting people from updating to the latest patch. You could just wait till Blizzard releases 1.26 and then making a patch; why bother with 1.24c or 1.25?

PS: I'm sorry for the tl;dr wall of text. I usually don't like to write this much on a single post, I just wanted to make myself clear.

MiZiGe
16th December 2009, 11:50 PM
To 4: You make it seem like Blizzard makes new patches just to make people miserable.

Blizzard is famous for making epic games that are awesome and attract a gabzillion of players. That is phase one.
Phase two is to screw up the game support, playability over the net or any other features as hard as possible to make gaming a living hell :)

BorisPeace
17th December 2009, 01:23 AM
Blizzard is famous for making epic games that are awesome and attract a gabzillion of players. That is phase one.
Phase two is to screw up the game support, playability over the net or any other features as hard as possible to make gaming a living hell :)

Zzzzz :happy:

I just really hope Eurobattle will soon have a 1.24c patch. All my friends are in Eurobattle Server and I miss playing with them ^^

psy63
17th December 2009, 02:30 AM
switcher.

TP_MoonStar
17th December 2009, 02:38 AM
@ Mizige

First of all: I thank you. Yours is truly the first post I've seen to be called somewhat civilized.

This may be my first post but you see my join date - which is two months earlier. I actually joined to check out the forum; but I still fail to find another sophisticated forum as www.playdota.com (http://www.playdota.com).

To 1:
What you say is true; however that doesn't mean bug fixes aren't important. Most of the Wc3 community plays either ladder or DotA. But it's not limited to these. Yes it's true Blizzard probably wouldn't mind these bugs (at least till 1.25) and it was the campaign crash that led to this early update. Now what do you suggest to people who would like to finish the campaign and also play on eurobattle?

To 2:
Ok, then I'll take your word for that.

To 3: Again, true; and probably the main factor. This is acceptable; if it was put this way. Check TP_Moonstar's post and you'll see what I mean. If I can -in any way- help to contribute; I will. Just tell me what needs to be done.

To 4: You make it seem like Blizzard makes new patches just to make people miserable. Then those maps should be remade to fit the new patch; which is the most proficient way in my opinion. Updates mean progress, and a map left behind probably wasn't up for it anyway. The only problem I see here is replays, which can be turned to .avi files (or sth else for that matter) with third party software.

@ Cen

I'm a mapmaker myself thank you. I'm aware of the problems you mention; which aren't that hard to overcome but still gives the programmer some headache; but imo you fail to understand that these are necessary in order to advance, in order to progress. And I can't explain how much I disagree with the second part of your post. Imo as a community it's Eurobattle's respectful duty to keep the users updated. That is actually what I would refer to as laziness. A new patch comes out - meaning Blizzard says this is necessary now. I can understand you disagreeing with this; but imo you're just prohibiting people from updating to the latest patch. You could just wait till Blizzard releases 1.26 and then making a patch; why bother with 1.24c or 1.25?

PS: I'm sorry for the tl;dr wall of text. I usually don't like to write this much on a single post, I just wanted to make myself clear.

I think you didnt understood well my post because i forgot to mention this :

1.24b is fully compatible with 1.24c. You can play here with both versions if we open 1.24c and 1.24b on the same time. There's nothing to worry about this he only said that we will open but it's unsure when.

The problem with those new patchs is not really with the actual maps it's more with the old maps.. guess how many good old maps who ceased development got lost because of those small patchs?

My post was meant to explain that we do made 1.24b and 1.24c compatible and acessible here however i do not wish to close 1.24b and make EVERYONE patch their games on end year phase.

The rest i think it was already explained by mizige and the others ;

About helping, everything related to patch,loaders and other stuffs are opensourced to programers here.. if you wish to help all you got to do is ask.

We do not post in public as everyone expect due to the great massive of users with bad intentions.

Tomorrow morning we will open 1.24c and 1.24b acess here so you can play with your friends even if they do have 1.24b and you have 1.24c.

PS: The loader and the installer is fully compatible between versions however you said you deleted the eb and some other files witch you though it was viruses.. it's possible you get some random disco or some crashs.

Those exe's patchs other files on program files folder (game executable and loader) that's why they're called "virus" by some anti-virus.

Just to let you know those anti-virus got a big number of false-positive due the fact they scan every single thing that might work as virus. Unlike other anti-viruses who got strong and good heuristics.

Any questions?

BorisPeace
17th December 2009, 10:50 AM
I think you didnt understood well my post because i forgot to mention this :

1.24b is fully compatible with 1.24c. You can play here with both versions if we open 1.24c and 1.24b on the same time.

I don't think this is true. At least from my experience from GGC (I play there too). Player who have 1.24b or 1.24c CAN join the same game, but when the game starts people with 1.24b drop.

Another thing. I;f you try to watch a replay from 1.24b and you have 1.24c, it won't work. The replay will open, but Heroes won't move an inch. These kind of small problems make it impossible for the usage of both versions simultaneously imo.

Taz.
17th December 2009, 03:38 PM
Ahmm, ggc does not work like eurobattle works.. Its totally 2 different things... as from what i know...correct me if im wrong moon.

RichardNixon
18th December 2009, 10:24 AM
I don't think this is true. At least from my experience from GGC (I play there too). Player who have 1.24b or 1.24c CAN join the same game, but when the game starts people with 1.24b drop.

Another thing. I;f you try to watch a replay from 1.24b and you have 1.24c, it won't work. The replay will open, but Heroes won't move an inch. These kind of small problems make it impossible for the usage of both versions simultaneously imo.

I can confirm this. If the host is 1.24c all 1.24b players will drop after the game starts.

TP_MoonStar
18th December 2009, 10:47 AM
I can confirm this. If the host is 1.24c all 1.24b players will drop after the game starts.

That's strange :S that SHOULD NOT happen ;s only if the map was updated with the new blizzard "big" changes. imo i'll take a look on this and run few tests. thanks for confirming, You're always trustfull on those ocasions :).

RichardNixon
18th December 2009, 11:05 AM
That's strange :S that SHOULD NOT happen ;s only if the map was updated with the new blizzard "big" changes. imo i'll take a look on this and run few tests. thanks for confirming, You're always trustfull on those ocasions :).

No problem :)

To be more specific, the maps I've seen this happen with are DotA 6.64 and COT RPG 0.66B. Another 1.24b person in Run Kitty Run 4 - RM Button got a desync instead of a disconnect.

Optikal
20th December 2009, 06:14 PM
lol delete. I love to be profesional in gaming and my works because i pwn them everywhere specialy when u are inet star and lan star its so hard to understand why we have viruses when we dont know how to delete them :D . Guys they said its false positivi virus
Ok they deleted commment no problem i am to skilled for that.

And update to 24.c they will not do it after new year. i did not saw pvgn 4 days i think after 1st update of wc3 it auto updates.

So we need to wait after new year. They will need time to delete the viruses and to make new patch. Funny of all patch switcher dont exist lol ! anywhere to much viruses :D

Cen
20th December 2009, 07:41 PM
Dude...your post was deleted because it was off topic (you were talking about some razer mouse???) and something else which I couldn't understand, because...no offense, your english sux.

BorisPeace
21st December 2009, 07:27 PM

Î was in Cyprus for a chess tournament now I'm back. Why would this need any confirmation I just said it :D

Simultaneous versions is out of the question as far as I can see.

EDIT: As I said when someone with .24c hosts, when the game starts players with version .24b will drop. In addition to this, if someone with .24b hosts; players with version .24c can't even see the game in the lobby.

This makes it very hard (if not impossible) to use multiple versions. As I said earlier there's also a replay problem too. I know 4 days a go TP_Moonstar told me they'd release the .24c patch the next day but it's been 3 days already and it seems unprobable the patch will be released some time soon.

kean01
23rd December 2009, 12:37 AM
it is not possible to play with two patches.. if a host has 1.24B patch and player with 1.24C joins he getts dropped after the game starts.. yes you can fix that using version switcher, but it has the same effect like anyone can patch to 1.24C (still some DLs). The loader is free of viruses, which one have you used Boris ? I am using Rising Antivirus 20009 FE and it works fine for me.

BorisPeace
23rd December 2009, 12:45 AM
it is not possible to play with two patches.. if a host has 1.24B patch and player with 1.24C joins he getts dropped after the game starts.. yes you can fix that using version switcher, but it has the same effect like anyone can patch to 1.24C (still some DLs). The loader is free of viruses, which one have you used Boris ? I am using Rising Antivirus 20009 FE and it works fine for me.

1) If a host has .24b patch, then a player with the patch .24b can't join him. Can't even see the game in the lobby. Even if he attempts to join the game by typing the name he automatically getas kicked like he's banned. What you say happens when someone with .24b attempts to join a .24c game.

2) I'm using AVG Anti-Virus.

kean01
24th December 2009, 10:58 PM
you can join with 24b on host that is using 1.24b, tried it onto Bnet as well as LAN, still working.. the problem is at LAN where player with 24C cant see game on 1.24b, this is my experience

BorisPeace
24th December 2009, 11:37 PM
I have found this:

http://www.dota-utilities.com/2009/12/warcraft-version-switcher-124c-patch.html

Hope everyone can be pleased ^^

BorisPeace
24th December 2009, 11:37 PM
I have found this:

http://www.dota-utilities.com/2009/12/warcraft-version-switcher-124c-patch.html

Hope everyone can be pleased ^^

Optikal
27th December 2009, 03:58 AM
erstand, because...no offense, your english sux.

* Server Quizzes on Mon, Fri and Sat LINK
* Funny video/pic/joke of the week LINK
* Wondering what to play? LINK
* Personal Interviews LINK

Klemen's sig material area
Hidden Text click here to show

How to cover yourself as a haxor
Quote:
Originally Posted by TeCkToNik.
I would give the fault to my brother xD or maybe hide in some random bunker !

klemen
Reply With Quote Multi-Quote This Message Quick reply to this message
Cen
View Public Profile
Send a private message to Cen
Visit Cen's homepage!
Find all posts by Cen
Add Cen to buddy list
#23 Add to BorisPeace's Reputation Report Post
Unread 21st December 2009, 06:27 PM
|
Goood u delete because my english sux... OK nice flame as administrator... i will see this after when i get in curt ...

After all its not my fault that virus is spreding out and u delete comment because u afraid of truth... and my english is perfekt as i talk... i Live in slovenia and every amerikan do understand me. i am not at school i do not need to write as in school because i am not payed for that. So if u cant understand slangs
as u talk so u are not good at english at all because i have from school and to now 6 languages in my brain when u talk many languages u see that what is really korekt !

And btw razer.com admit that they had a virus and do not download files before we remove it.. and 24c will be not update because all of u here are not serios because u are to young for work and u do not live from that as blizzard. I live from firm and computers and employers and i dont work because i am clever. I get 2900 euros because i dont work.... Employers does for me... 27 years i am dude i can play games sex drinking everything.... so now i see who are you here for real porrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

TP_MoonStar
27th December 2009, 11:24 AM
Optikal (http://eurobattle.net/member.php?u=978213) http://eurobattle.net/images/statusicon/user_offline.gif

Congratulations, you just earned the "lamest post of the year 2009 " award.

BorisPeace (http://eurobattle.net/member.php?u=979197) http://eurobattle.net/images/statusicon/user_offline.gif

This does work for those who wish to play on both versions but i'm still trying to find a good solution and i think it's serverside and not related to patch at all as it was on last update.

BorisPeace
27th December 2009, 12:33 PM
Yeah, sorry for the double post. DotA v6.65 works in both versions btw. (for the ones that wondered)

Intruder.CZ
5th January 2010, 09:43 PM
Its not problem to play on both Bnet and eurobattle. Use switcher or have 2 falders one with 24b and one with 24c. Problem is (at least for me) that i cant host crossrealm (multi realm if u want) games since i cant join bnet with 24b bot or eurobattle with 24c bot. So for life? can stay on 24b for comfort pls 24c fast or blizzard go make 25 and we all be happy when we have completely new patch and euro can make 25 ^^

Edit: about maps 23>24 problem is mostly "old" finished maps. These mas are finished complete and nooneelse take care about them and for this reason noone make them compatibile with new 24 system and we lost them for ever

Cen
5th January 2010, 10:23 PM
Its not problem to play on both Bnet and eurobattle. Use switcher or have 2 falders one with 24b and one with 24c. Problem is (at least for me) that i cant host crossrealm (multi realm if u want) games since i cant join bnet with 24b bot or eurobattle with 24c bot. So for life? can stay on 24b for comfort pls 24c fast or blizzard go make 25 and we all be happy when we have completely new patch and euro can make 25 ^^

Edit: about maps 23>24 problem is mostly "old" finished maps. These mas are finished complete and nooneelse take care about them and for this reason noone make them compatibile with new 24 system and we lost them for ever
Yes, you're right. Since warcraft III is quite an old game now already, and some of the custom maps were made several years ago, without intentions of the author to continue the project, or, if the map was completed at that time already. These maps, mostly, are incompatible now, although some of them can be fixed (but not all). Maps that are still in development and still have new releases were mostly fixed.
Another problem is, that modding communities do not allow editing incompatible maps, at least not in their rules. So, if you want to fix the map you really like to play, and don't know JASS, you're mostly left in dark, unless someone from the communities has mercy on you. Not to mention the maps which are protected, this causes even more trouble.

Searching help on blizzard forums is ofc shoot in the dark..

Intruder.CZ
5th January 2010, 11:01 PM
To 4: You make it seem like Blizzard makes new patches just to make people miserable.

Maybe blizzard do not make patches with this purpose but he do other things for sure. E.g. godlike imba super ultra outrages rulez gosu Warden (did i forget something?). For God sake why? For MH? Oh comon. Only one real impact is it makes hell from using host bots of all kind. Thats only reason. Coz they dont make them and they are free so Blizz have no profit from it

Josh_lopes
6th January 2010, 12:18 AM
@Off-Topic I was looking at your sign and thinking, what the hell! that is one of my signs! Someone took it! and then you put the credits... lol ya i did it to you long time ago =D

Regards~

Cen
6th January 2010, 12:58 AM
Maybe blizzard do not make patches with this purpose but he do other things for sure. E.g. godlike imba super ultra outrages rulez gosu Warden (did i forget something?). For God sake why? For MH? Oh comon. Only one real impact is it makes hell from using host bots of all kind. Thats only reason. Coz they dont make them and they are free so Blizz have no profit from it
I agree. Their politics towards outside contributors is a total failure.

On one hand, they encourage players to contribute to the game (world editor), but on the other hand, they try to reverse bot projects. It looks like they don't want any progress on bnet. As you said, t must be connected with profit.

Warcraft without outside communities is nothing. They're lucky to have created such a good game that can keep players.

Intruder.CZ
6th January 2010, 12:48 PM
I agree. Their politics towards outside contributors is a total failure.

On one hand, they encourage players to contribute to the game (world editor), but on the other hand, they try to reverse bot projects. It looks like they don't want any progress on bnet. As you said, t must be connected with profit.

Warcraft without outside communities is nothing. They're lucky to have created such a good game that can keep players.

y like they do not have enough money form 8M WoW players. But we gone little off topic here

@ josh_lopes y long time ago....as i said...i will show ppl who make it ^^

leafcutter
7th January 2010, 06:01 PM
We need to do it... many players have installer 1.24c and they just play at garena or somewhere else... :D

Why that players don't do versioning? Some times I play in garena too and I think is the best solution.
May be a bit advanced for non-coder users

A ss of my new wc3 versioned:
http://img99.imageshack.us/img99/6172/versionedwarcraft.th.jpg (http://img99.imageshack.us/i/versionedwarcraft.jpg/)

MiZiGe
7th January 2010, 06:04 PM

Blizzard is trying, for a fact, to get rid its own bnets of bots and ghosts. I did not care enough to try to find out why (mb the profit only :) ), but it surely aims that way...