PDA

View Full Version : How to accord a guitar

Avalon
29th November 2009, 02:21 PM
I need asistance,pliz if anyone can tell me how to accord a guitar...
one of my friend told me i need a certain program i find on the internet and a microphon.
Why do i need all that,witch is that program?for whats the microphone?
the guitar is electrical ,clifton i think.
P.S. Im nab at this things be reasonable:D

waiting for you're replays~

phaNtom
29th November 2009, 05:18 PM
My friend had an guitar same like you and he did it via some USB port and it just records via some program that he got I think... I will ask him later and speak to you or write here.

Avalon
29th November 2009, 10:39 PM
i will apreciate that^^
thank you : ]

regards~

_TerrorBlade_
29th November 2009, 11:16 PM
well
its quite simple using a PC; here it goes:

-if u have a cable for guitar(that goes in amp) u can also plug it into the PC sound card(mic hole), however u would normally need a transformer-jack, from Big Jack to small jack; usually instrumental cables use a big jack on both sides, and the PC uses small jack so you can understand why.

- after that u can choose from a variety of programs, you can try google 'guitar tunner', but i use Guitar Rig 3, however its much more than just a tunner, i use it for pedal effects and SH*T, the point is that you might get stuck on installing it, it's pretty tricky, so you should try and find a simple program, using google of course.

You can get the jack transformer from any electronics shop, and its mega cheap it's like half a cigarette xD
looks something like this
http://img3.musiciansfriend.com/dbase/pics/products/regular/0/1/7/470017.jpg

anyway if you know a friend who plays guitar ask him to teach you the tunning technique, it's really simple once you gather some experience, also it's important to be able tune by ear alone because development of ear is a key part in playing an instrument well.

Good luck and don't stop playin', even if it's not tunned, just play the shi*T out of it!

PS: I could explain you the tunning techniques but it's alot to write, and you can find it on google; however it's good if you have someone to explain it to you, on the guitar.

Avalon
30th November 2009, 01:48 AM
wow,10x alot this was indeed verry helpfull to me^^
one last question if i may add,i got sum kind of remote control that came witt the guitar,weird thingyOo do u know for what could that be?
and again thank you for you're assistance^^

regards~

Taz.
30th November 2009, 03:30 AM
tunymybass.com

_TerrorBlade_
30th November 2009, 02:08 PM
are you sure it's a remote control? it could be a tuner xD

whatever it may be, it can't be a remote control, it's unheard of o-0, unless it's for the AMP which is weird also, a picture would help.

Avalon
30th November 2009, 04:43 PM
no it's not quite a remote control...loocks something like

http://www.long-mcquade.com/files/71/lg_GA30.jpg

not exactly like the one in the picture but similar,weird lirra thingy..
for wutt can i use it?

Taz.
1st December 2009, 12:06 AM
Trust me on tunymybass.com its amazing !

VeritasAequitas
1st December 2009, 01:56 AM
also try watching begginer guide on http://www.justinguitar.com/

hes amazing, learned a lot of advanced tricks from him.

_TerrorBlade_
1st December 2009, 11:58 AM
no it's not quite a remote control...loocks something like

http://www.long-mcquade.com/files/71/lg_GA30.jpg

not exactly like the one in the picture but similar,weird lirra thingy..
for wutt can i use it?

it's an electronic tuner xD
you turn it on and that's all.
u need to get these notes starting from the 6th string(thickest).when only the green light is oN.
E A D G B E - standard tunning

If you wish to tune it lower(which is good for beginners, u can form chords easily because there is less tension in the strings, hence less pain lol), you'll have to press 'FLAT' - pressing it once will make it 1/2 Step down(D# Tunning), and twice 1 Step down(D Tunning) and so on. In any case, what you need is to get a green light on each string and there you have it, a tuned guitar!

NOTE: when u press 'FLAT' it will still appear E A D G B E, because it's E flat, A flat , etc, and E flat is D# and A flat is G#, which will bring the guitar to a 1/2 step down tunning. Same for pressing it twice, it will appear as E, but it's actually D, it's all about theory which you don't have to bother at the moment, just be careful and don't break those strings, so from the 6th(thickest) string to the 1st(thinest) - E A D G B E - (Mi, La, Re, Sol, Si, Mi)

Also www.justinguitar.com it's a good starting point, it's 100% free and there are hundreds of lesson there, about chords, rhythms, scales and a little bit of theory, and of course once you learnt the basics there are alot of song tutorials. The whole point is to play, play, play, practice, practice, practice, and this is the only way, there's no shortcut, no tricks, nothing, you just have to practice alot and DAILY, it's no point if you play all day today, and tomorrow you don't touch the guitar, you have to play everyday, at least a couple of minutes(hours xD) depends on your available time, but playing daily is very important, your hand(brain actually) must get use to it. After a while, you'll see that playing guitar will be like walking, you just do it, can't really explain it how, your hands move and you don't have to do much ^^.

so good luck and if you're stuck on something feel free to ask

Avalon
1st December 2009, 04:42 PM
10x alot for you're time:D
so it's not a remote control huh^^
sorry just nabed at this things,totally 10x.
btw one last thing

just be careful and don't break those strings

if i brake them cant i replace them? i think its 8 RON=2-3 euros a set pretty cheap.

_TerrorBlade_
1st December 2009, 05:42 PM
They're cheap, but depends on quality.
The thing is that you don't want to break them cuz then u need to learn how to change them, it's not hard, but it can be tricky so it's best to keep them alive for now, before you get more familiar with guitars and shi*ts. Also there are diffrent type of strings(thickness) 0.10 - 0.9, etc, lot of details that you'll learn in time, and don't need to learn them now ^^

Arbalest
1st December 2009, 05:46 PM
u still can do it in the easy way a microphone + (software = guitar pro 5)
keep tuning until red light turn into green ,gl.

_TerrorBlade_
1st December 2009, 06:39 PM
@stealth - bă tu eşti român?

Avalon
3rd December 2009, 08:18 PM
sorry for the late response i have alot to study : ]
@TerrorBlade da sunt roman^^
@arbalest i knew i can use somehow the microphone:D heard that one from a friend
@taz. agree imba site^^

_TerrorBlade_
3rd December 2009, 10:47 PM
si la ce ma pui sa vorbesc in alte limbi?!

Avalon
4th December 2009, 02:52 PM
pai eo stiui ca esti roman:D

Avalon
6th December 2009, 04:43 PM
you do know that logistic/smurf are romanians dutcha?wana give "muie" to them 2?

10x for the link,anyway i'm trying to play sum sounds,dunno i just cant stick to just chords :D,but i just cant catch them.I mean,i do smth,then i must stop to change the chord play again one,then stop and so on.It's pretty frustrating:D

and 10x once again: ]